2022 GT arrived!

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Well, she finally arrived! I was worried white wouldn't look great, but it actually looks really good with the black pack. Ordered mid-November and scheduled initially for 1/17, but moved to 1/10. Got here late today so can't take it home yet since PDI hasn't been done. Already saw some minor flaws with the headliner and c-pillar trim (didn't put a small portion of the headliner under the weatherstrip, LH c-pillar has a small gap/warp). Otherwise sounds soooo gooood. Really missed having a running V8 lol.

20220127_145648.jpg
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Good for you! Seeing your car pull in on the trailer is something exciting that a lot of people never get to experience. Enjoy your ride!

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Congrats, it's a beauty. And don't worry about "didn't put a small portion of the headliner under the weatherstrip" Mine was like that too, I tucked it in and hasn't been a problem almost 2 years later.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
What are they gonna do about the issues? Discount coming?

Sponsored

OP
OP
spedy7

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Good for you! Seeing your car pull in on the trailer is something exciting that a lot of people never get to experience. Enjoy your ride!
A bit of an experience indeed lol. Coworker texted me right as I looked out the bay doors to see the transport arrive. Bucket list item checked x2.

Not too worried, already getting it at a good price. I work at said dealer so I have no real issue with it.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Oxford white with black accent package is the way to go!

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bit of an experience indeed lol. Coworker texted me right as I looked out the bay doors to see the transport arrive. Bucket list item checked x2.

Not too worried, already getting it at a good price. I work at said dealer so I have no real issue with it.
That is understandable then lol. But why are those tire treads so muddy looking?

OP
OP
spedy7

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
That is understandable then lol. But why are those tire treads so muddy looking?
I'm guessing wherever they moved the car around at - probably at the initial point putting it on the train? The rail yard for Arizona is pavement, so probably at Flat Rock or nearby there is my guess. Not all new cars arrive nice and clean right off the truck lol (you should see some of the Mexico built stuff).

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing wherever they moved the car around at - probably at the initial point putting it on the train? The rail yard for Arizona is pavement, so probably at Flat Rock or nearby there is my guess. Not all new cars arrive nice and clean right off the truck lol (you should see some of the Mexico built stuff).
Working there you see it earlier on the truck than what the majority do. Mine was cleaned and prepared but i pointed out some streaks on the back glass both my 2019 and the 2021 replacement had them. They were hard to reach and looked like scuffs in the heated glass film. the dealer immediately looked at it seen it was a glue residue from install took car to clean it off and said it was unacceptable to to send a car that way. I appreciated that as they didn't make a dime on the car. It was a lemon law replacement but they went to great lengths for me. Probably best Sales rep and managers i have dealt with.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations! My 1990 was white and I loved it. I blacked it all out too. What are your plans?

OP
OP
spedy7

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Working there you see it earlier on the truck than what the majority do. Mine was cleaned and prepared but i pointed out some streaks on the back glass both my 2019 and the 2021 replacement had them. They were hard to reach and looked like scuffs in the heated glass film. the dealer immediately looked at it seen it was a glue residue from install took car to clean it off and said it was unacceptable to to send a car that way. I appreciated that as they didn't make a dime on the car. It was a lemon law replacement but they went to great lengths for me. Probably best Sales rep and managers i have dealt with.
That was nice of them, always can appreciate a respectable business that wants to make things right. I wonder if those streaks might be similar to mine, looks like plastic transfer from installing the PITA c-pillar trim.

Congratulations! My 1990 was white and I loved it. I blacked it all out too. What are your plans?
Get the '66 running first lol, need my garage spot back. Thinking of FP boss style x-pipe, FP strut bar, FP "modified" Bullitt grille (not a fan of the tacky running horse design), springs/struts/rollbars, maybe PP brakes. Not entirely sure yet, just still admiring I got what I've been wanting to get for quite a while now.

Still waiting for the check and tint/final detail next week, but SHE IS HERE! (excuse potato photo, phone cameras suck at night)

Inked20220128_194604.jpg

MustangFreak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That was nice of them, always can appreciate a respectable business that wants to make things right. I wonder if those streaks might be similar to mine, looks like plastic transfer from installing the PITA c-pillar trim.

Get the '66 running first lol, need my garage spot back. Thinking of FP boss style x-pipe, FP strut bar, FP "modified" Bullitt grille (not a fan of the tacky running horse design), springs/struts/rollbars, maybe PP brakes. Not entirely sure yet, just still admiring I got what I've been wanting to get for quite a while now.

Still waiting for the check and tint/final detail next week, but SHE IS HERE! (excuse potato photo, phone cameras suck at night)

Inked20220128_194604.jpg
Looking like a Snow Storm with attitude
Sponsored