Sponsored

KBR Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 on order, 2011 Mustang GT
Do you think they have the same quantity in terms of parts projection needs and therefore parts for a special edition car vs. the EB and GT? Taking into consideration the current condition of our supply chain and the JIT production model prevalent in all manufacturing these days, how do you think the answer to that question integrates with the cancellations we see? Do you think the labor shortages may have something to contribute to production delays?
That's my question. I'd like to know what it's really like at Flat Rock at the moment. I mean at one point not too long ago they were making Mustangs and Fusions there. I can't imagine what its like right now. I'm assuming that that since Mach's 1's share quite a few parts with other Mustangs that ours are not the only ones getting delayed. In my mind total production per day there has to be at a minimum due to parts and labor shortages. I toured the Rouge truck plant back in 2019 and it was amazing how many F150's get built in an hour during a normal scenario. Dodge seems to have less issues with this since my friend ordered his Charger Scat Pack the same time I ordered my car and got his in the 8 weeks the dealer quoted. Different scenarios I know but maybe they have a better projection system. The point is I think more cancelations to come....although I have my fingers crossed for everyone still hoping!
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
That's my question. I'd like to know what it's really like at Flat Rock at the moment. I mean at one point not too long ago they were making Mustangs and Fusions there. I can't imagine what its like right now. I'm assuming that that since Mach's 1's share quite a few parts with other Mustangs that ours are not the only ones getting delayed. In my mind total production per day there has to be at a minimum due to parts and labor shortages. I toured the Rouge truck plant back in 2019 and it was amazing how many F150's get built in an hour during a normal scenario. Dodge seems to have less issues with this since my friend ordered his Charger Scat Pack the same time I ordered my car and got his in the 8 weeks the dealer quoted. Different scenarios I know but maybe they have a better projection system. The point is I think more cancelations to come....although I have my fingers crossed for everyone still hoping!
I honestly think that the words special edition, pandemic, labor shortages, shipping shortages, parts shortages and people wanting special edition cars doesn’t seem to go together really well. Somehow though, I’m not really surprised..it’s so 2021.

Degan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang PP
Just tried ordering a 2022 MT6 non HP 700A from my local dealer. He called back and advised that their Ford Rep is saying that Ford isn’t taking orders for 700A on the 22 Mach’s. Has anyone heard this? For what it’s worth the 700A option has been deleted on Fords website for the 21 Mach 1.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just tried ordering a 2022 MT6 non HP 700A from my local dealer. He called back and advised that their Ford Rep is saying that Ford isn’t taking orders for 700A on the 22 Mach’s. Has anyone heard this? For what it’s worth the 700A option has been deleted on Fords website for the 21 Mach 1.
The 600A is for the base model, the 700A is standard on the premium model. The website shows this. As far as what your dealer said, who knows? Try calling Grainger or Chapman and ask them.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 5.05.58 PM.png

stangcrazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger SRT 392 - I know its not a mustang
Not unless this has happened in the last week or so... I ordered a 700a through Granger and order went through received my confirmation email.

Ordered Oct 26

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
it's the pedals... /jk
I would fly up to dearborn and beat someone with a stick if they cancelled my car for some pedals. damnit, make some out of plywood and strap em in place for now!

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I just need to order straight from them. Gonna give them a call tomorrow
hey, welcome. where in LA you from?

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
From Mandeville but live in Lake Charles. You?
a bit outside baton rouge.

What color are you going with? RR here. Also, I ordered through granger, it is worth the cost of the trip on the savings, especially vs what all the local dealers are offering (ADMs)

Degan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang PP
a bit outside baton rouge.

What color are you going with? RR here. Also, I ordered through granger, it is worth the cost of the trip on the savings, especially vs what all the local dealers are offering (ADMs)
My original order was a silver 21 but it just got pushed from 11/15 build date to a 11/29 build week. Not looking promising. If I had to order a 22 I’d go with dark matter grey as we can’t get carbonized.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
My original order was a silver 21 but it just got pushed from 11/15 build date to a 11/29 build week. Not looking promising. If I had to order a 22 I’d go with dark matter grey as we can’t get carbonized.
oh yeah, you are in the pit right now, it is where the parts for your car are overdue, and Ford doesn't have confirmation yet on if they'll make it. in two weeks with no updates it probably won't be good :/ that is what all of us with HPs saw about 2 weeks ago, and many got cancelled within the last week.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Dude, just order from Granger. Trust us here.

stangcrazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger SRT 392 - I know its not a mustang