Sponsored

KBR Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 on order, 2011 Mustang GT
Man I've been trying to stay positive. Was going to post jokingly about getting ready to get our weekly weekend pushback e mails. I saw this thread and my heart sank. Mustangs are a passion for me not just a car. I feel for all of us that have orders and dont know if we are getting cancelled. Like I said this is a double bitter pill...dont want to sound like a baby but I honestly don't like the 22 colors. I ordered Grabber yellow and have been waiting since 7/2. I don't want a 10hp loss either. I had a tuned 18....one of the reasons I want a Mach 1 is the 20 hp more starting point. I'm a drag racer and want every advantage I can get. The wait for Granger to let me know if I am on the chopping block is going to be a killer. Good luck guys.
Sponsored

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
These customers will probably be given priority for ordering ‘22s. That’s why I wanted to get my order for a ‘22 into the bank as soon as possible.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I ordered a 22 and really want it, as it is the first car I have ever ordered to my wants. That being said, I hope Ford does the right thing and puts every 21 order ahead of mine.

It would be a bummer for it to get cancelled next year due to the 23 production but it would not make good business sense to put those orders behind mine.

Mustangs are also a passion of mine, my Dad and restored my first one when I was 14, 1968 coupe 200 straight six. The excitement surrounding this car along with the parts bin car comments makes it more special than many on the road today.

I’m 50 now and have owned 15 plus Mustangs, but this is one car I really hope to get. Like most of the people that have one on order. Thanks for reading my long winded post and good luck to everyone waiting for their car.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Just read thru this thread. Back some years ago I heard of a business model called just in time inventory. Best I recall it put an end to warehousing parts. I guess it worked well enough until it stopped working.

If I had any say in things the engine management systems would be about the only thing run by computer chips. I do like Fuel injection and spark timing of a modern engine, But that is about all.
I do not need the screens and other tech and would like a car with the least amount possible.

The chips are found in lots of places anymore. A few weeks ago the wipers on my truck would only work on high speed and would not park. Turned out the wiper motor was fine, but a small control box with chips was the fault.
My first car had a vacuum motor wiper system which was awful. When on the gas the wipers stopped - when I let off the gas they went fast. A real pain on a hill. Others had electric motor wipers that worked just fine. Not sure when the chips took over.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Man I've been trying to stay positive. Was going to post jokingly about getting ready to get our weekly weekend pushback e mails. I saw this thread and my heart sank. Mustangs are a passion for me not just a car. I feel for all of us that have orders and dont know if we are getting cancelled. Like I said this is a double bitter pill...dont want to sound like a baby but I honestly don't like the 22 colors. I ordered Grabber yellow and have been waiting since 7/2. I don't want a 10hp loss either. I had a tuned 18....one of the reasons I want a Mach 1 is the 20 hp more starting point. I'm a drag racer and want every advantage I can get. The wait for Granger to let me know if I am on the chopping block is going to be a killer. Good luck guys.
IIrc you and I are in almost exactly the same boat. Grabber Yellow, 700a tremec no HP. I ordered mine 7/20. I doubt I will convert my order to a '22 as I am meh on the early available colors and don't feel like playing the waiting game, again, especially when '23 will be arriving relatively shortly after.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hello; Just read thru this thread. Back some years ago I heard of a business model called just in time inventory. Best I recall it put an end to warehousing parts. I guess it worked well enough until it stopped working.

If I had any say in things the engine management systems would be about the only thing run by computer chips. I do like Fuel injection and spark timing of a modern engine, But that is about all.
I do not need the screens and other tech and would like a car with the least amount possible.

The chips are found in lots of places anymore. A few weeks ago the wipers on my truck would only work on high speed and would not park. Turned out the wiper motor was fine, but a small control box with chips was the fault.
My first car had a vacuum motor wiper system which was awful. When on the gas the wipers stopped - when I let off the gas they went fast. A real pain on a hill. Others had electric motor wipers that worked just fine. Not sure when the chips took over.
Here’s everything you need to know about just in time. Dr. Deming showed his ideas to American manufacturers who turned him down. He then showed them to the Japanese who rebuilt there manufacturing processes around them. Years later after Japan started kicking our but American manufacturers started to embrace J.I.T.

I worked for a Japanese manufacturer for 24 years so I know something about J.I.T. I also worked with Dr. Deming’s nephew so I learned a lot about him as well.

https://deming.org/deming-the-man/

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
I have come to the the decision tonight that if I get additional delays that I am going with my original order through my local dealer.

I had ordered a GT Premium Performance Pack and then seen the deal from Chapman Ford for Mach 1s and ordered one. The GT premium went into production yesterday. I loaded it out with most options including Magneride. I do not want to play the waiting game and roll the dice that the Mach 1 will get built if it has additional delays. I am going to take the sure thing..

I contemplated placing another 2022 order.. But It doesn't sound like supply chain issues are going to get better in 2022, if anything I think they are going to be worse.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
A bird in the hand...

Exactly!!

My original order was a Oxford White GT Premium Performance Pack, A10, Active Exhaust, Magneride, and Carbon Sport Interior Package (which Ford removed for 22 and I love it. I seen it in person and pictures don't do it justice)

And it will have 460 HP instead of 450 :D

Sponsored

Voodoo2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 #3148 700a Race red
I am fortunate and lucky that I got my 21, 7 months after ordering it last January.
After what seemed endless plant shutdowns at Flat Rock plant..
I don't know what kind of support the employees get who build these dreams of ours, but I sure as hell would hate the thought of living with the fear that you will get the call not to show up for work next week or for the rest of the month.
I went through that crap back in the early 80's and was let go from my job because of lack of work and being low on the totem pole, 3 months after buying my 1st house with a pregnant wife. It was probably allot easier to survive in the early 80's than now, with the skills I was learning back then. I can imagine its a lot harder now.
I truly feel for the Ford employees and supplier families that are feeling this allot worse than I or we are... We all wish this shit was behind us...

KBR Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 on order, 2011 Mustang GT
IIrc you and I are in almost exactly the same boat. Grabber Yellow, 700a tremec no HP. I ordered mine 7/20. I doubt I will convert my order to a '22 as I am meh on the early available colors and don't feel like playing the waiting game, again, especially when '23 will be arriving relatively shortly after.
Yes we are similar except I'm auto. My wife thought of something about the canceled for 22 colors....she is thinking maybe they are canceling the carryover colors because Ford knows they can make them next year but fulfilling the yellow, orange and blue since they won't be around. Who knows

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
I am fortunate and lucky that I got my 21, 7 months after ordering it last January.
After what seemed endless plant shutdowns at Flat Rock plant..
I don't know what kind of support the employees get who build these dreams of ours, but I sure as hell would hate the thought of living with the fear that you will get the call not to show up for work next week or for the rest of the month.
I went through that crap back in the early 80's and was let go from my job because of lack of work and being low on the totem pole, 3 months after buying my 1st house with a pregnant wife. It was probably allot easier to survive in the early 80's than now, with the skills I was learning back then. I can imagine its a lot harder now.
I truly feel for the Ford employees and supplier families that are feeling this allot worse than I or we are... We all wish this shit was behind us...
They are still getting paid during shutdowns. Ford is getting Gov assistance. While at the same time making profits above precovid. Don't feel bad. Its a paid vacation.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
They are still getting paid during shutdowns.
Got any proof? I was a union member in the steel industry and when the plant shut down all we got was unemployment.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Got any proof? I was a union member in the steel industry and when the plant shut down all we got was unemployment.
I can’t speak specifically for his post but in Washington state we have had a program called work share. For full time employees that had their hours reduced, they received unemployment PLUS an additional $300 per week.
Sponsored