Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Looks like the B&P has been tweaked a bit , no HP option yet though. AP option updated and now the correct wheels show, instead of the HP wheels
Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Looks like the B&P has been tweaked a bit , no HP option yet though. AP option updated and now the correct wheels show, instead of the HP wheels
Where are you seeing the update?

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Where are you seeing the update?
On the B&P site ? The AP option is different photo and the correct wheels show now. I don’t know when was changed but different from at least yesterday

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
This thing is like 10k overpriced
Don't know about that. When I spec the GT Premium with Performance package, Magneride, stripes, active valve exhaust, B&O, in blue colour, manual trans it's 54k. Mach 1 Premium with Elite package in blue colour and manual trans is 57k, that's 3k extra for all the additional improvements, design, styling, limited edition, homage to Mach 1. Compare comparable.

Mach 1 is just more fully loaded with less options, but imo you really want to have all those extra options ticked (GT Performace pack + Magneride + active valve exhaust is 6300+1700+900 = 9k) :like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that update. I went to the configurator and configured a 2021 Mustang GT Premium and found with as similar options as I could find, the car spec'd out for 54065. That's without a cover, red calipers, tremec, exhaust tips, stripes. Also without the $1,000 gas guzzler tax. So, all in, the difference is about $3,000. I am happy with that. Wider tires than the GT, different suspension components, cooler looking exhaust tips and striping, front fascia, more HP, etc.

The Mach I comparatively is a very good deal. Especially with Zach giving me $4K off the car which I did not include.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Don't know about that. When I spec the GT Premium with Performance, Magneride, stripes, active valve exhaust, B&O, in blue colour, manual trans it's 54k. Mach 1 Premium with Elite package in blue colour and manual trans is 57k, that's 3k extra for all the improvements, design, styling, limited edition. Compare comparable.
Great minds think alike! I just quoted something similar. Then you have all the GT500 suspension components, higher redline, etc, etc. It really is a fair buy.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Forgot, then you have the Tremec with 1 overdrive instead of the MT82D4 with 2. It really is a good price.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Don't know about that. When I spec the GT Premium with Performance package, Magneride, stripes, active valve exhaust, B&O, in blue colour, manual trans it's 54k. Mach 1 Premium with Elite package in blue colour and manual trans is 57k, that's 3k extra for all the additional improvements, design, styling, limited edition, homage to Mach 1. Compare comparable.

Mach 1 is just more fully loaded with less options, but imo you really want to have all those extra options ticked (GT Performace pack + Magneride + active valve exhaust is 6300+1700+900 = 9k) :like:
Didn't a gt350 go for the same price basically? A fully loaded GT with some stickers is not comparable to a gt350 IMO.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
GT350 is no more, inflation and other factors cause price bumps too. Few years back it cost -30% here in Europe than it does this year. Stickers are the last thing on it (homage to original), read what all is different and better with Mach 1 over GT. I guess many people would have a hard time deciding between Mach 1 and GT350, but when that's not an option, it's a moot point. At least you were lucky to have GT350 available, it never officially sold here in Europe.

It really is a good price.
Indeed, I think so too. With all the improvements, it's a no brainer, really. Those who don't want the premium/performance/track stuff can still order lot cheaper GT and save the money.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Thanks for that update. I went to the configurator and configured a 2021 Mustang GT Premium and found with as similar options as I could find, the car spec'd out for 54065. That's without a cover, red calipers, tremec, exhaust tips, stripes. Also without the $1,000 gas guzzler tax. So, all in, the difference is about $3,000. I am happy with that. Wider tires than the GT, different suspension components, cooler looking exhaust tips and striping, front fascia, more HP, etc.

The Mach I comparatively is a very good deal. Especially with Zach giving me $4K off the car which I did not include.
Devil's advocate: Ford is overpricing the GT to make the Mach 1 look like a better deal.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The GT350 had a $64k starting price. That’s more than a fully loaded Mach 1, and you’re still stuck with cloth interior, plastic toggle switches, plastic start button, base model gauges, 6 year old front end design, less reliability, and AT BEST the same level of performance

Mach 1 pricing is fine, stop complaining

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The GT350 had a $64k starting price. That’s more than a fully loaded Mach 1, and you’re still stuck with cloth interior, plastic toggle switches, plastic start button, base model gauges, 6 year old front end design, less reliability, and AT BEST the same level of performance

Mach 1 pricing is fine, stop complaining
Cloth interior? Try the exclusive recaros you can't get in any other mustang unlike the hand me down Mach 1 plain leather seats or recaros that's the same as any other mustang. Plastic toggle switches ford engineers clearly said were that way to reduce glare along with other buttons. Starter button 19+ same metal one as other models. Gauges? Also exclusive with no clutter and will age far better than your beloved digital dash that will be obsolete in 10 years. Lastly, the best part front end design? The Gt350 is widely regarding as the best looking mustang ever made, so if you think between the better looking headlights, fender vents, exclusive aluminum fenders, carbon fiber reinforced front end that's also lower than the mach 1 than can't help you there. Performance? Will be faster than a pre 19 but that's it and no soul in the engine like a 5.2 and gets once again a hand me down package. While all these packages will make a good car indeed, it will lack the fine tuning of all the systems ford performance vehicles get.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Cloth interior? Try the exclusive recaros you can't get in any other mustang unlike the hand me down Mach 1 plain leather seats or recaros that's the same as any other mustang.
Thats a whole lot of words to say “yes, cloth interior”

Plastic toggle switches ford engineers clearly said were that way to reduce glare along with other buttons.
Sounds like manufacturer jargon for “we were trying to cut costs”... how are they going to worry about glare on toggle switches when there isn’t even any glare on the infotainment system that’s more likely to get hit by direct light?

Gauges? Also exclusive with no clutter and will age far better than your beloved digital dash that will be obsolete in 10 years.
Lmao what? They’re literally the same as base Mustang gauges, just with a higher redline and top speed... nothing “exclusive” about them

Lastly, the best part front end design? The Gt350 is widely regarding as the best looking mustang ever made, so if you think between the better looking headlights, fender vents, exclusive aluminum fenders, carbon fiber reinforced front end that's also lower than the mach 1 than can't help you there.
Looks are subjective, but the fact remains that the GT350 front end is a 6 year old design, whereas the Mach 1 is completely fresh (and looks better IMO)

Otherwise, glad you can read the brochure?

Performance? Will be faster than a pre 19 but that's it and no soul in the engine like a 5.2 and gets once again a hand me down package. While all these packages will make a good car indeed, it will lack the fine tuning of all the systems ford performance vehicles get.
It will most certainly be faster than a post-2019 GT350. Keep in mind, fully loaded means handling package and A10 trans. GT350 doesn’t stand a chance. And to say the Coyote has “no soul” is fucking absurd. You can rev a Coyote just as high with just a tune, and after that, what else is really lacking? A couple horsepower that doesn’t amount to any actual speed increase? Cool

But I do like that most of your statements had their basis in “exclusivity”... just goes on to prove that the only reason to buy a GT350 is “muh SPESHUL”
Sponsored