Sponsored

2020 Remote Start

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Gents, ive searched and searched.

2020 GT500 with tech pkg Remote start has never worked. neither fob will start it, the fordpass app does not start it

I was told by fordpass to bring to a dealer and have them do a modem reset. I dont have time, nor trust the dealers touching this car ( already overheard them saying they cant wait till i bring it in on a dry day) yes, i heard this before they realized it was mine/i was walkign past

Is there a way I can do a modem "hard reset", Im not untechnical, but i could find nothing online about this

so thats question 1
question 2 is - could there be another reason remote start is not working?
Sponsored

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Gents, ive searched and searched.

2020 GT500 with tech pkg Remote start has never worked. neither fob will start it, the fordpass app does not start it

I was told by fordpass to bring to a dealer and have them do a modem reset. I dont have time, nor trust the dealers touching this car ( already overheard them saying they cant wait till i bring it in on a dry day) yes, i heard this before they realized it was mine/i was walkign past

Is there a way I can do a modem "hard reset", Im not untechnical, but i could find nothing online about this

so thats question 1
question 2 is - could there be another reason remote start is not working?
Mine works fine. Hereā€™s the procedure:
- Parked and car in ā€Pā€
- Both doors, hood and trunk closed
- Press the lock button once followed by the ā€˜2Xā€ button twice.
I didnā€™t know you had to hit lock button first... Dealer explained it me.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Mine works fine. Hereā€™s the procedure:
- Parked and car in ā€Pā€
- Both doors, hood and trunk closed
- Press the lock button once followed by the ā€˜2Xā€ button twice.
I didnā€™t know you had to hit lock button first... Dealer explained it me.
Hope this helps.
thank you but im aware of the process. I own several fords. Im speaking directly to hard reset of the modem, or if there is another issue sympton or fix for remote start not working.

I am aware of a few TSBs out, 1 in particular refers specifically to this problem on 2020 cars

TSB Number:
SSM 48383
NHTSA Number:
TSB Date:
December 6, 2019
Date Added to File:
January 7, 2020
Failing Component:
Electrical System
Summary:
Some 2020 explorer, aviator, ecosport, mustang, escape or corsair may have a symptom of no ability to schedule a remote start event using the fordpass or lincolnway app. This may be due to the current level sync software installed. To corre

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
My FordPass remote start works fine.
I presume you have enabled remote start in the settings menu:
Hit settings button on steering wheel
Go to ā€œAdvanced Settingsā€
Then ā€œVehicleā€
Then ā€œRemote Startā€
Then select ā€œSystemā€
Also set duration and Climate Features

motodad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Whipple Boosted; 2020 F350 PSD
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought a 2020 F-350. I could not remote start via the FordPass app until I activated the WiFi on the Sync 3.4 system. I did not provide the data that it was asking for AT&T to create a data plan. My sales guy told me that if I did not want to hot spot, the FordPass stuff will work without the data AT&T account/hotspot. Can you connect with the FordPass app and see miles, tire pressure and oil life?

Having said that, if you can not remote start with the fob either. Then it is unlikely the problem is the 4G modem setup because the remote is not connecting to the 4G modem. I believe it is an FM transmitter. I would double check the settings as noted in post #4. Next, disconnect the battery for 5- 30 minutes. I t is unlikely the 4G system or remote start system has a backup battery.....

Sponsored

eddison

I just bought a 2020 F-350. I could not remote start via the FordPass app until I activated the WiFi on the Sync 3.4 system. I did not provide the data that it was asking for AT&T to create a data plan. My sales guy told me that if I did not want to hot spot, the FordPass stuff will work without the data AT&T account/hotspot. Can you connect with the FordPass app and see miles, tire pressure and oil life?

Having said that, if you can not remote start with the fob either. Then it is unlikely the problem is the 4G modem setup because the remote is not connecting to the 4G modem. I believe it is an FM transmitter. I would double check the settings as noted in post #4. Next, disconnect the battery for 5- 30 minutes. I t is unlikely the 4G system or remote start system has a backup battery.....
Agree with motodad. If you canā€™t start with the fob, no amount of resetting the modem will do you any good. The fob does not connect to or utilize the modem.

As a side note, yes, you can perform the reset procedure of the Sync Connect modem module (TCU) with Forscan. You need to edit the AsBuilt to force a factory reset of the module, then toggle it back so that it will reauthorize.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Captā€™n Obvious:
Do the fobs have batteries installed?

Maybe fob batteries are dead and need to jump start them through the cup holder port (under rubber cup holder pad)?

The reset of the modem wonā€™t be associated with the remote start when using the key fobs.

If using the remote start feature with a mobile device, then YES that does rely on the vehicleā€™s WiFi modem capabilities.

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Was all in the steering wheel, thanks guys
Sponsored