2020 Mustang GT… Battery Drain, Deep Sleep Mode

jdc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
As I departed FL for 2 months, I had programed two daily starts in the FORD Pass app in hopes of controlling any humidity issues. Two weeks later I check the app to find several messages. Apparently, one is only allowed 2 remote starts until it has to be manually started. Additionally, after approximately 14 days it enters a “deep sleep mode” to conserve draw on the battery. During week three my neighbor was unable to physically start it until he jumped the battery…….. To me it is crazy that a battery is totally drawn down in 3-4 weeks… Any similar experiences or thoughts? TY
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
...To me it is crazy that a battery is totally drawn down in 3-4 weeks… Any thoughts?
Battery Tender.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't had mine fail to start after not driving it for extended periods of time. Still on the O.E battery from 2017, and only 7K miles on the car. I don't drive it in the rain, so sometime I'll go a month or so between times that I take it out. Now that I've said that, It's been 3 weeks since I've started it, and my battery will probably be dead..... I have a battery tender, but always forget to hook it up...

Reactions: jdc

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
As I departed FL for 2 months, I had programed two daily starts in the FORD Pass app in hopes of controlling any humidity issues. Two weeks later I check the app to find several messages. Apparently, one is only allowed 2 remote starts until it has to be manually started. Additionally, after approximately 14 days it enters a “deep sleep mode” to conserve draw on the battery. During week three my neighbor was unable to physically start it until he jumped the battery…….. To me it is crazy that a battery is totally drawn down in 3-4 weeks… Any similar experiences or thoughts? TY
As I recall using the remote to startbcar gets it back to normal.ive left my car for a month several times and it was fine

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I haven't had mine fail to start after not driving it for extended periods of time. Still on the O.E battery from 2017, and only 7K miles on the car. I don't drive it in the rain, so sometime I'll go a month or so between times that I take it out. Now that I've said that, It's been 3 weeks since I've started it, and my battery will probably be dead..... I have a battery tender, but always forget to hook it up...
Perhaps a GT350 doesn't have the battery drain a GT does?

Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps a GT350 doesn't have the battery drain a GT does?
I don't know. I think I just got a miracle battery. I used to sell car batteries for a living, and I'm down in the Texas heat, so I'm surprised that this thing is still going.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
I had the same problem in March 2020 with the start of COVID, working from home.
I got the CTEK - MXS 5.0, It works great.

OP
OP

jdc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thank you all for sharing. Although, a battery tender would be an easy resolution, I do not have an outlet handy to my assigned spot in my condo garage. The dealer picked it up today and I expect they will return it shortly with a healthy battery situation. I'll be paying one of my neighbors to run it several times weekly for the next few months. Thank you all again!

OlTexastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 VB GT PP1
Thank you all for sharing. Although, a battery tender would be an easy resolution, I do not have an outlet handy to my assigned spot in my condo garage. The dealer picked it up today and I expect they will return it shortly with a healthy battery situation. I'll be paying one of my neighbors to run it several times weekly for the next few months. Thank you all again!
PAYING!!!??? Shouldn’t it be more like a privilege to run your car. Lol mine did the same thing during our Texas freeze had to put a charger on it and didn’t have any problems after that. I think it just drains the battery but once recharged everything is good.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Replace that factory POS battery with an AGM and your problem will be forever solved.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Replace that factory POS battery with an AGM and your problem will be forever solved.
isn't stock agm? I dont know much about batteries, but I thought like 90% of batteries are agm

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, stock batteries are centuries old lead acid.
On my 2020, I had to add about 2 cups of water when I got it home.
Ditched it immediately, as I did with my 2016.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Running or driving, just starting and letting it idle not going to do much . In your situation, it is almost better to remove - battery cable. (ground)

A newly installed battery most times is not a fully charged battery, another twist.

Last edited:

Wrigley83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Had the same issue on my 2020 GT. I would get the deep sleep mode notification and the following day the car was completely dead. Dealer replaced the battery and haven't had an issue since. I was told they have had a lot of junk batteries in the new Ford's recently.

Blackjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
My 2020 GT battery crapped out at 3,500 miles. Ford OEM batteries are a joke; a complete afterthought. I'm now running a 30 ah Antigravity battery. I have a hard time losing weight, so bought a lighter battery instead...
Sponsored