2020 Mustang Ecoboost HP Configurator

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Anybody priced out a 2020 Ecoboost High-Performance yet?

Information on the configurator for the High-Performance version just says:
It’s the first EcoBoost® engine powered by Ford Performance and it’s not afraid to prove it. The 2.3L high performance engine differentiates itself with a slightly larger twin-scroll turbo compressor, fresh engine calibration, and larger radiator.
•330 horsepower
•350 lb.-ft. of torque*
•Active exhaust with quad tips.
•90% of available torque from 3,000 rpm to the redline
•The most powerful in-line four-cylinder in America
•The most powerful EcoBoost engine ever in a Mustang

Available with the High Performance Package.

*Horsepower and torque ratings based on premium fuel per SAE J1349 standard. Your results may vary.

It looks good in Grabber Lime with black accents.
https://shop.ford.com/build/mustang...|200A.P8T..F9...90H.COU.MST.~YZKAA.EBST.PRE.]
Sponsored

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
About $39,000 for high performance package plus handling package.
vehicle.png

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Yep I priced one out for the heck of it and it came out to 39k, not even a premium one. That's 5k more than the MSRP on my car. Thank you Ford for helping to keep my value up since I have a pp with magneride it should hold it better than the non pp cars now that the pricing is through the roof. Granted purely speculation on my part but I really hope pp cars depreciate slower now

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
Expensive but still a great car. If had the chance to buy one of these instead of getting the Roush RS1 conversion done on mine, id probably go for the factory option.
Though i still prefer the look of my pre-facelift car.

*Edit: I wonder if upgrading our turbos to this HP spec one will become an aftermarket mod for the rest of Ecoboost mustangs going forward...

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
46k for a premium full loaded. The price difference between the car and a Gt is only 4-5k now. At that point, is better bite the bullet and get the 5.0 loaded. Now, if the car had 380-400HP it would be better.

I’m glad I got my EB PP full loaded when I did.

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Expensive but still a great car. If had the chance to buy one of these instead of getting the Roush RS1 conversion done on mine, id probably go for the factory option.
Though i still prefer the look of my pre-facelift car.

*Edit: I wonder if upgrading our turbos to this HP spec one will become an aftermarket mod for the rest of Ecoboost mustangs going forward...
Too expensive for such a small horsepower gain. Big turbo is a better bet.

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe better value going for a Big turbo like the Turbonetics, but with the upgraded compressor wheel in the HPP youre probably able to get a high enough output from the stock engine without as much risk of cracking the block if something goes wrong or needing upgrading the wastegate actuator or the diverter valve like you would on the big turbo?

Deleted member

Maybe better value going for a Big turbo like the Turbonetics, but with the upgraded compressor wheel in the HPP youre probably able to get a high enough output from the stock engine without as much risk of cracking the block if something goes wrong or needing upgrading the wastegate actuator or the diverter valve like you would on the big turbo?
You can already max the block out on stock turbo and e85, my guess is when they say bigger turbo, they mean it will have the larger compressor wheel like the focus RS did. Imo get a standard eco and throw bolt ons on it and call it a day.
download.jpg

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah sure you could throw bolt on's and new aftermarket turbo and get near 400HP, but we all know thats a reliability and warranty risk.
With the tune and all of the Roush bolt ons on my car it makes over 360HP with a full warranty (it wasnt exactly cheap but i wasnt willing to risk the warranty of a brand new car like i have been in the past).

With the HPP, its possible once tuned with a Ford Performance tune and approved bolt on's you'd be at 380HP or so...with full factory warranty. Granted you'd be pretty much near the cost of a base GT, but some countries (like mine) don't offer a base GT, only Performance Premium models.
In any case throw some discounts in and the 10 speed and you have a very light, very fast Mustang..from the factory with full support. This will be easily a low 4s 0-60 car and most likely better handling on track than the GT.

Expensive or not is a very good prospect unless you're only interested in running in a straight line at distances over 1/4 mile.

Sponsored

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
The point of a good prospect is value, it isn't a good value when it's over priced no matter how you slice it. It's not like an over priced property value that you could possibly see a surplus in the future, these are are over priced depreciating assets so of course price is tied to it being worthy of value especially with so many regular EB's you could get for half the cost and add some bolt ons instead of an over priced RS engine spec.

Cxp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB app
take a base Eco, $4k built short block + $3k turbo + bolt ons = 400 to 450 whp. Compare to HPP with 290 - 300 whp.... similar price.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I tried to recreate my car including the HPP and handling package, and it came out about $3K higher MSRP, or around $45K. You gotta want a loaded EBM to spend that kind money. That said, when I built a GTPP2 with similar equipment, it was $54K, so still a big jump up for the GT if you really compare apples to apples vs. HP to HP.

If I was only building a toy car, I'd start with a base and mod the crap out of it, but that wouldn't be a car I'd want to live with every day of the week.
Sponsored