2020 gt500 Brake fluid How much do we need

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
So I have looked at the owners manual and it shows each fluid to change for everything on the 500. With this it explains the fluid amounts part numbers and when u should change.
However the only one thing the owners manual doesn’t tell is how much brake fluid is needed to do a complete flush. I was getting ready to do a track day at Daytona and wanted to have fresh brake fluid before the event. I have called a couple of dealerships and it sounds like the mechanics computer system linked to ford doesn’t tell them either. So with the big brembo brakes how many quarts do we need to do a complete flush of the original brake fluid anybody know
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So I have looked at the owners manual and it shows each fluid to change for everything on the 500. With this it explains the fluid amounts part numbers and when u should change.
However the only one thing the owners manual doesn’t tell is how much brake fluid is needed to do a complete flush. I was getting ready to do a track day at Daytona and wanted to have fresh brake fluid before the event. I have called a couple of dealerships and it sounds like the mechanics computer system linked to ford doesn’t tell them either. So with the big brembo brakes how many quarts do we need to do a complete flush of the original brake fluid anybody know
I wouldn't trust a dealership. They bled my students brakes, overfilled the reservoir which caused fluid to be dumped on the headers causing a fire right after a demo session (at Daytona).

The GT350 takes a little over one liter of fluid to do a complete flush. Since the brembos on the 500 are a bit larger, I would get two liters of your choice of fluid. I use Castrol SRF. Its gotten pricey though.

OP
OP
Twisted O CFTP

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Thanks Tom I use Castrol SRF to at Daytona its the best on the market I called a couple suppliers for this and said they haven’t received a new shipment of castrol in awhile I have become a preferred customer with Amsoil and was going to try there racing line brake fluid. The boiling points for Amsoil wet and dry is better then the motorcraft brake fluid wet and dry points . I have been requesting to use the same senior mechanic from ford to avoid problems like the one u described from your student

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You can still get the SRF, but the folks who have it are charging a premium. I have a couple of liters laying around, but I will need it for the full bleed that I will be doing.

Look around online, you will find it. Figure almost 80-100 per liter. Motul 600 is good too, but I have never used it.

Get a power bleeder and do it yourself IMHO.
Sponsored