FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I dont understand why these sat at dealerships, and now they are all being paid over for used cars.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I dont understand why these sat at dealerships, and now they are all being paid over for used cars.
the only ones ever I saw sitting at dealerships for any length of time, had ridiculous ADMs on them...yes?

Reactions: jin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
the only ones ever I saw sitting at dealerships for any length of time, had ridiculous ADMs on them...yes?
actually, that is true.

how much more are these selling than ones with ADM on it? I dont know its current pricing/vs msrp with adm's. but why now are people wanting them vs not before?

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
actually, that is true.

how much more are these selling than ones with ADM on it? I dont know its current pricing/vs msrp with adm's. but why now are people wanting them vs not before?
meh, I think itā€™s the ol ā€œcanā€™t get it new anymoreā€ phenomenon...not that Iā€™m complaining, got mine just in time šŸ˜

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Market is crazy. I was offered 180k for my ZR1 that has 13k miles (sticker 140k). They are going for 225k (mine is manual).

GT3s are going for 50-60k over where they were a year ago.

Makes no sense to buy a car unless you are selling one at the same time.

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
It was a VERY well presented car ie professional photos. I think the bidding got away from a couple guys in the heat of the auction.

OP
OP
Rose City R

Rose City R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie R code, 2020 GT350R, 1991 Mazda Miata SE
My understanding is that this vehicle sold for $110,400 and not $105,000 as mentioned. :sunglasses:
Bidding went to $105k, but that figure represents the addition of the BAT buyer's premium.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Market is crazy. I was offered 180k for my ZR1 that has 13k miles (sticker 140k). They are going for 225k (mine is manual).

GT3s are going for 50-60k over where they were a year ago.

Makes no sense to buy a car unless you are selling one at the same time.
Agree with all your comments about your ZR1, GT3's and the GT350R models as they speak pretty much for themselves and suggest that they all have numerous qualities/virtues that are somewhat similar therefore their increase in demand and subsequent price increase.

1. Each model listed is available in a manual transmission which is quite desirable to many.

2. Each model listed is a limited production vehicle and very desirable to many enthusiasts.

3. Each model provides outstanding overall performance capabilities for the money.

4. Two of the three vehicles are naturally aspirated which certainly does not take away the ZR1.

5. It has finally hit home that these 3 outstanding vehicles are done from a production standpoint therefore it has finally hit home with many enthusiasts who have finally recognized that they better act sooner than later in order to secure one of these terrific models.

6. The end of the ICE equipped HP vehicle is just around the corner therefore all of these outstanding HP vehicles are in huge demand.

7. Since the beginning of the year the stock market has performed very well for most portfolios therefore many enthusiasts have a great deal of disposable income in order to secure one of these outstanding vehicles.

Based on the above criteria I would suggest that the upcoming 2022 Cadillac CT5 V-Series Blackwing will be an outstanding 4-door sedan and will come equipped with a hand-built LT4 engine which came in the 2018 Z06 and will be hand assembled in Bowling Green and was rated at 650 HP in the Z06 and now will be rated at 668 HP in the 2022 Cadillac.

In addition the CT5 Blackwing will be available in a 6-speed manual transmission and carbon-ceramic rotors for a Cadillac first therefore just may fit into the above scenario.

:sunglasses:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
short and sweet..... it is my opinion that all cars values are being driven by the shortage today. I believe once the supply returns, we will see prices go back to normal.

For anyone who was on the fence about selling, now would be the time to do so.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
short and sweet..... it is my opinion that all cars values are being driven by the shortage today. I believe once the supply returns, we will see prices go back to normal.

For anyone who was on the fence about selling, now would be the time to do so.
I do think that the 350R has peaked more interest in recent months, though. All values are inflated right now but it's a combination of things that are blowing up the 350R, IMO.

While I agree that there are more ICE days behind us than ahead...I also think there is enough time for Ford to create the ultimate send-off ICE Mustang (if they do ever stop making ICE)...plenty of time. If the current 350 and 500 offerings are the last hurrah, that would be interesting but I seriously doubt it. What I am saying is that, more than anything, the next/LAST awesome Mustang made is what will make the most impact on (values) of these now older models.

Last edited:

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I would personally have no problem paying over msrp for an R if I could put rear seats in it. The fact that you cant anymore on 2019/2020 really sealed the deal.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
I would personally have no problem paying over msrp for an R if I could put rear seats in it. The fact that you cant anymore on 2019/2020 really sealed the deal.
Are you actively looking for one with a Ford performance rear seat? I can help.
Sponsored