2020 GT Supercharge or not?

Rhinomike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020, Ford Mustang GT
I have a 2020 GT Premium. I have had it three months. Love it. I had the dealer add the cold air intake performance package. It included the throttle body and tuner. Not much difference. I like the idea of keeping the warranty and letting Ford do the work. I am thinking about having my dealership install the Supercharger package. Any thoughts? I still want it reliable and turn key. I’m not into working on it just having fun in it. Any drawbacks? Thoughts? Thanks guys.
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Supercharge, Supercharge, Supercharge

I literally have daily driven ProCharged Mustangs for about 15 years now. I literally can't imagine NOT having that kinda fun every time I wanna push down on the "loud pedal". Even my 6 year old, loves it when I take her to school everyday, and I give it that little extra gas and make it "peel out" as she calls it.

Plus you can always start with a base kit, then as you get use to the power, do small upgrades like pulley changes, e85 down the road, etc.

BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK EVER!

OP
OP

Rhinomike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020, Ford Mustang GT
Supercharge, Supercharge, Supercharge

I literally have daily driven ProCharged Mustangs for about 15 years now. I literally can't imagine NOT having that kinda fun every time I wanna push down on the "loud pedal". Even my 6 year old, loves it when I take her to school everyday, and I give it that little extra gas and make it "peel out" as she calls it.

Plus you can always start with a base kit, then as you get use to the power, do small upgrades like pulley changes, e85 down the road, etc.

BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK EVER!
Thank you for the reply. I can get the kit installed from the dealer for $10k. Sounds like it’s plug and play and hassle free. I just want to drive it and have fun without any problems.

PHX ATC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT & 2020 Explorer ST & 2022 Porsche 911
Similar situation. Purchased 2020 in May, drove cross country from AZ to VA in June, supercharged it in October after researching and thinking about it for 2 months.

You won't be disappointed unless you are concerned about fuel mileage. LOL

I had a reputable shop instal my Edelbrock supercharger (stage 1) and have not looked back. I don't flog it, beat it, or even drive it very much, but it is well worth the $10Kish in getting it installed. Warranty was important as well as drivability and lasting.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The only kind of boost you want to stay away from is no boost. Boost it and don’t look back

Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I concur with everyone else. The boosted coyote is a different animal, and a blast to drive. I’ve got almost one year and 7k miles on my procharger kit. Zero issues

OP
OP

Rhinomike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020, Ford Mustang GT
I think you guys sold me. Lol. A couple more hundred horsepower sounds fun.

Any drawbacks or negatives?

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Which kit are you considering? Some have IAT heat issues...

PHX ATC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Toby
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT & 2020 Explorer ST & 2022 Porsche 911
Fuel economy but you shouldn't care if your'e going to put a supercharger on it.

Traction control takes over sooner (turn it off if you wish).

You could burn through tires quicker if you go nuts.

It costs money.

You only live once...

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can't comment based on experience, but the stock 5.0's are really stout right off the assembly line. Great time to be be owning an internal combustion Mustang.

I have a Stage II procharger with a P1X on order for my 2018 GT.

I went Procharger based on the ease of install, simplicity, tunability, and increased mid-range to red line, which I feel is an ideal fit for the A10.

Can't go wrong with any choice since the 5.0 loves boost.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rhinomike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020, Ford Mustang GT
Fuel economy but you shouldn't care if your'e going to put a supercharger on it.

Traction control takes over sooner (turn it off if you wish).

You could burn through tires quicker if you go nuts.

It costs money.

You only live once...
Money is not an issue so sounds like there are no negatives. Lol.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I am going to get the Ford factory supercharger kit installed by my local dealership.
I’m guessing you are referring to the roush kit. I’ve seen them make good power. I think people are upgrading the heat exchanger on those kits due to high iat’s, but all in all, a solid kit

OP
OP

Rhinomike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020, Ford Mustang GT
I’m guessing you are referring to the roush kit. I’ve seen them make good power. I think people are upgrading the heat exchanger on those kits due to high iat’s, but all in all, a solid kit
yes. I believe so.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am going to go against all the others on here and say you want to think hard about it before you do it. The supercharger will stress the rest of the parts on the car including the transmission, axles and engine. If you don't have it tuned right or get a bad tank of gas it could cost you an engine. If you don't enjoy wrenching or tinkering with the car I think it is a bad idea.

On the plus side the car will be more fun to drive but a supercharged coyote is more power than you can use on the street. Good luck with the build.
Sponsored