2020 GT Exhaust Drone

coolt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT White PP1 A10 Magnaride
Love my '20 A10 PP1 except for the drone at 2000 rpm on the highway. A bit quieter so I can hear the tunes would be nice also. Any fixes?
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Love my '20 A10 PP1 except for the drone at 2000 rpm on the highway. A bit quieter so I can hear the tunes would be nice also. Any fixes?
No Active Exhaust?

If not, there's an after-market solution somewhere. Probably some company makes an after-market adjustable exhaust. Army Trix does, but it's a bit spendy.

Another idea;

Most of the booming and droning comes from the trunk area. It's a huge open area that resonates.

Look at a really plush, thick carpeted trunk mat. Lloyds makes them, and I highly recommend their products. I installed both their 4-piece floor mats and their trunk mat, and my car is quieter and smoother.

And my GOD are they plush & luxurious. But you have to spend the $$ and get their Luxe Carpet mats....the good stuff. Best $400 I ever spent on a car.

The sound-system sounds better too.

OP
OP

coolt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT White PP1 A10 Magnaride
No Active. Is Active in Quiet Mode quieter than the regular exhaust?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yes. The active exhaust on my 18’ PP1 was one of my “must haves” of options I had to have. My 15’ had Corsa extremes and as much as I loved it there were times I wish it was quiet.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Your engine sits at 2k on the high way? Is it an automatic.

Sponsored

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I wouldn't classify stock exhaust noise as drone. But you can look into sound deadening mats/material to quiet things down.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Also, I am pretty sure there is a tube thay goes from the air box into the cabin. Remove that tube and noise should go down.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No Active Exhaust?

If not, there's an after-market solution somewhere. Probably some company makes an after-market adjustable exhaust. Army Trix does, but it's a bit spendy.

Another idea;

Most of the booming and droning comes from the trunk area. It's a huge open area that resonates.

Look at a really plush, thick carpeted trunk mat. Lloyds makes them, and I highly recommend their products. I installed both their 4-piece floor mats and their trunk mat, and my car is quieter and smoother.

And my GOD are they plush & luxurious. But you have to spend the $$ and get their Luxe Carpet mats....the good stuff. Best $400 I ever spent on a car.

The sound-system sounds better too.
Where do you find this? The ones on LMR are $123...

EDIT: found on Lloyd's site. $200 for just the trunk mat.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Where do you find this? The ones on LMR are $123...

EDIT: found on Lloyd's site. $200 for just the trunk mat.
Yes...ya gotta get them direct from Lloyds, and yes just the trunk mat is $200.

Worth every penny IMO.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Eerily quiet, until you put your foot into it. Then it just opens back up. I was hoping I could drive like a crazed teenager but not sound like it sometimes, but no dice.

On drone there is some in Track mode. Around town I prefer Track since there's more bass, it sounds more full to me, Sport is sometimes a bit too raspy for my tastes. But on the freeway Track gets too annoying to me.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
514B5A1B-7993-419A-A5A1-70CE17500E7E.jpeg
D59B4011-C14D-4CC8-B6A0-2698367E1AAD.jpeg
Installed this in my 2015 over the winter. I can’t comment on the results yet as the roads here are still a mess.

GTFURY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10, Magneride
My '19 GT A10 drones at 2k as well, I have the active exhaust. The sound tube pipes engine noise into the cabin at idle, above idle it really does nothing. I tried removing it, drone didn't go away. I will say that the cabin gets really quiet when you're idling at a stop light for example. I have the Llyods mat in the trunk as well, along with a spare tires in the well and that didn't make a noticeable difference either. I tend to run the system in sport or track all the time and have always intended to replace the stock center muffler/resonator suitcase with an H-pipe. I have a feeling besides bringing the volume up, that this will eliminate the drone but I haven't done that yet so nothing to report personally. Finally thought if you REALLY want to hear drone, drive a stock Challenger in sport mode. The drone will practically rattle the fillings out of your teeth, it's nauseating.

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
My '19 GT A10 drones at 2k as well, I have the active exhaust. The sound tube pipes engine noise into the cabin at idle, above idle it really does nothing. I tried removing it, drone didn't go away. I will say that the cabin gets really quiet when you're idling at a stop light for example. I have the Llyods mat in the trunk as well, along with a spare tires in the well and that didn't make a noticeable difference either. I tend to run the system in sport or track all the time and have always intended to replace the stock center muffler/resonator suitcase with an H-pipe. I have a feeling besides bringing the volume up, that this will eliminate the drone but I haven't done that yet so nothing to report personally. Finally thought if you REALLY want to hear drone, drive a stock Challenger in sport mode. The drone will practically rattle the fillings out of your teeth, it's nauseating.
Hmm, my 2019 GT convertible with Active exhaust has no drone at all. In fact, I was shocked and fully expected it, but never heard it. The only thing that I did was put a Ford trunk liner in but that is a rubbery vinyl so i don't see how that could help.
Sponsored