Sponsored

2020 10r80s still finding low fluid?

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Long story short i had a 2018 10r80 that didnt really have any issues to it, seemed fine. Recently swapped over to a 2020 and the Trans is doing something my previous car never did, coming to a stop, somewhere in the 3-1 downshift it occasionally will downshift really hard. Ive also noticed that when using the paddle shifters theres a lag on how long it takes for the car to return to shifting on its own. My 18 i would use the paddle shifters when merging on the highway, etc, drop 2 gears or so and merge or whatever. Then id just leave it because in about 2 seconds or so of no further input from me the car would return to normal mode and upshift to the car's desired gear. In this 2020 however ive found ill go to do the same action as described above and after letting go of the paddles it has at times hung up in that gear for what seemed closer to 10 seconds just sitting there, without me increasing throttle just cruising. It definitely takes longer to return to normal modes. I also have the lag shifting into drive or reverse when shifting from park. All of these symptoms together to me seems to point to the infamous low fluid level with the trans not having the proper shifting pressure as desired. Has any 2020 owners seen a low fluid level yet on their cars? Will be taking it in soon.
Sponsored