Sponsored

2019 White Performance Pack Mustang GT or 2021 Antimatter Blue Base Mustang GT?

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT in Shadow Black
Last edited:

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgive me, I have a GT350 and am not very familiar with the GT varieties.

I see a PP1 spoiler on the 2019 (a more focused suspension tune as compared to the base GT, as well as Brembo brakes). It doesn't look like a PP2 to me (ups the ante with a magnetically-controlled suspension system, re-tuned stability and traction control, and different programming for the anti-lock brakes) In 2019, PP1 added about $4500 to the price, and PP2 was about $6500 over base.

If you are just daily-driving, you probably won't notice much difference other than appearance (larger rims, etc). If you drive more aggressively on winding roads and cornering hard, you'll prefer a PP car. Generally speaking, both will accelerate the same, but the PP will have better cornering and braking.

I noticed the 2021 listing doesn't show any interior pics?

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarkDMKC1974

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Is the 2019 a PP1 (a more focused suspension tune as compared to the base GT, as well as Brembo brakes) or PP2 (ups the ante with a magnetically-controlled suspension system, re-tuned stability and traction control, and different programming for the anti-lock brakes) In 2019, PP1 added about $4500 to the price, and PP2 was about $6500 over base.

If you are just daily-driving, you probably won't notice much difference other than appearance (larger rims, etc). If you drive more aggressively on winding roads and cornering hard, you'll prefer the 2019. Generally speaking, both will accelerate the same, but the PP will have better cornering and braking.
From looking at it, it seems to be a PP1.

Its a daily driver car, but I like to take back roads on the weekends for the pure joy of hearing that Coyote whine.

OP
OP
MarkDMKC1974

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The white one is what I would go with, the PP adds a lot of nice stuff. And while the white one is a 300A, it has the rare optional ivory seats. Actually, now that I've seen it's tuned, I wouldn't, lol. Not that it's going to blow up, but getting any warranty coverage if you need it will probably be a challenge.

Of course, the newer antimatter one isn't a bad choice either, much lower miles, and cheaper? Not a bad choice if you can live without the PP add ons. Most of what the PP comes with can be done better aftermarket for cheaper, with the exception of the torsen rear diff and the front 6 piston brembos. Plus, you can make it your own since it looks bone stock.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Is that bad? I noticed that, and looked it up and found that Ford Performance part.
Well maybe. This tune is warrantied by Ford if the installation was done by a dealer or a certified mechanic. But you would need documentation of the purchase and install. It's not likely you will get this from Carmax. If by chance you do then all's good. Otherwise you are taking a chance. That said the FP tune is a moderate one and very unlikely to cause you any issues.
  • Comes with a 3yr/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed by a Ford dealer or ASE/Red Seal certified technician

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The white one is what I would go with, the PP adds a lot of nice stuff. And while the white one is a 300A, it has the rare optional ivory seats. Actually, now that I've seen it's tuned, I wouldn't, lol. Not that it's going to blow up, but getting any warranty coverage if you need it will probably be a challenge.

Of course, the newer antimatter one isn't a bad choice either, much lower miles, and cheaper? Not a bad choice if you can live without the PP add ons. Most of what the PP comes with can be done better aftermarket for cheaper, with the exception of the torsen rear diff and the front 6 piston brembos. Plus, you can make it your own since it looks bone stock.
I'd love to see pics of the interior of the 21'. If it has the 301A that would make the decision much easier and would be the one I go with.

Edit: Well found this YT. Looks like a 301A to me. I'd go for this one!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'd love to see pics of the interior of the 21'. If it has the 301A that would make the decision much easier and would be the one I go with.

Yep, I'm in 100% agreement there. A 301A with low miles in a rare color for a good price? Sold.

300A is just fine for me, but if I knew more back when I purchased I'd have probably held out for a 301A car, since you get so much extra stuff for hardly any extra money.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MarkDMKC1974

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)

Awesome didn't see that video. Wish I could get the digital dash. But yeah will probably go with the blue one.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Awesome didn't see that video. Wish I could get the digital dash. But yeah will probably go with the blue one.
You can always add it later on if you want to spent the money; If I recall the part is about $1500, but sometimes you can find it cheaper from a salvage car.

OP
OP
MarkDMKC1974

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Just got the window sticker, it shows 4 inch CTR stack and 300A equipment group.

OP
OP
MarkDMKC1974

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
For which one, the blue one? Unless that video is for an identical color but different car, that definitely has the 8 inch screen
Yeah sorry was the window sticker for the blue one. Just asked for interior pictures.
Sponsored