Not open for further replies.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
ugg, just finished my taxes. paid in over $1,500 last year. more than double that this year. who's in the same boat? retired from Navy in 2016. 1099 my retirement pay. guess could be worse. Tricare retirement insurance is cheap. rant off!
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Last 2 years my return has gotten smaller and smaller. Dropped $300 last year and another $150 this year. I haven't changed tax brackets. And my healthcare prices went up, and the price to DO my return went up because places redid their prices after the tax changes in late 2018.

I'm not seeing any of these amazing tax changes or raises we were promised.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
I will be happy if it's less than $50k.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Can you guys not contribute to Retirement Savings Plans (RSP's) to reduce your taxable income? Maybe it's different there but that is how I reduce my taxable income in the biggest possible way each year otherwise I would get burnt pretty hard.

OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Last 2 years my return has gotten smaller and smaller. Dropped $300 last year and another $150 this year. I haven't changed tax brackets. And my healthcare prices went up, and the price to DO my return went up because places redid their prices after the tax changes in late 2018.

Trump has instructed the IRS to only give the breaks to his friends.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Yepp, I owe a bunch, I knew this was going to happen so I planned ahead. Sucks for the people who believed the nonsense, just kicking that deficit can down the road one generation at a time. Rates went down, but the law increased the portion of taxpayer's income that is subject to tax. Thus, total income minus deductions = taxable income, take away deductions and taxable income increases. It really is a great way to swindle people.

As my deeply Republican friends tell me, you've gotta be fiscally conservative while our gov't blows up the deficit.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yepp, I owe a bunch, I knew this was going to happen so I planned ahead. Sucks for the people who believed the nonsense, just kicking that deficit can down the road one generation at a time. Rates went down, but the law increased the portion of taxpayer's income that is subject to tax. Thus, total income minus deductions = taxable income, take away deductions and taxable income increases. It really is a great way to swindle people.

As my deeply Republican friends tell me, you've gotta be fiscally conservative while our gov't blows up the deficit.
Thats why I have decided to invest in cars and gold Krugerrands.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
That’s because Trump is a lying sack of shit and a traitor, and his cult of morons are willing to let him fuck up everything because they put party ahead of country every time.

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting more back this year than I did last year, taking the standard deductions... I also made more this year than I did last year... It's funny when people whine about taxes they owe, and whine about Trump, yet if one of the "others" had taken office in the last election, you'd be paying even more... unless you're one of tha LA Street-Shitters.

Sponsored
OP
OP
gameovergt

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm able to pay but that's my blower $. Ugg. Now gotta resave again. Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Yeah, I don't get the blind followers of either party.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
I'm getting more back this year than I did last year, taking the standard deductions... I also made more this year than I did last year... It's funny when people whine about taxes they owe, and whine about Trump, yet if one of the "others" had taken office in the last election, you'd be paying even more... unless you're one of tha LA Street-Shitters.
There are many reasons for this, without knowing your situation I wouldn't be able to explain why but I'm going to assume you either make quite a lot, have a family, or paid more during the year due to the elimination of SALT and personal exemptions, also, making more does not mean your refund will go down. It is best to have your refund be as close to 0 as possible. By and large it is your withholding that determines your refund, and it is in your best interest to ensure that you do not overpay on your taxes throughout the year, as you are essentially giving the government an interest free loan.

For me there was far less deductions this year and withholding tables were made far more complex, which led to me and others under withholding and gave the appearance of a larger paycheck which then led to many of us being surprised tax payers.

We can't assume to know what would have been another presidents tax code as we don't know what their tax plan would have looked like after taking office and subsequent senate voting, nor would we know what our deficit would be, however, it would have been hard to match the lucrative tax breaks for the rich and the 1+ trillion dollar deficit explosion which is basically redistributing wealth in the worst way, from the impoverished to the well to do.

Last edited:

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
There are many reasons for this, without knowing your situation I wouldn't be able to explain why but I'm going to assume you either make quite a lot, have a family, or paid more during the year due to the elimination of SALT and personal exemptions, also, making more does not mean your refund will go down. It is best to have your refund be as close to 0 as possible. By and large it is your withholding that determines your refund, and it is in your best interest to ensure that you do not overpay on your taxes throughout the year, as you are essentially giving the government an interest free loan.

For me there was far less deductions this year and withholding tables were made far more complex, which led to me and others under withholding and gave the appearance of a larger paycheck which then led to many of us being surprised tax payers.

We can't assume to know another would have been presidents tax code as we don't know what their tax plan would have looked like after taking office and subsequent senate voting, nor would we know what our deficit would be, however, it would have been hard to match the lucrative tax breaks for the rich and the 1+ trillion dollar deficit explosion which is basically redistributing wealth in the worst way, from the impoverished to the well to do.
Well, I won't say that I make "quite a lot," but I do have a family. My State taxes ended up being pretty close to spot on, with them owing me about $150, and Federal was off because my oldest child was allegedly moving out at the end of last year, but it didn't work that way, so she got claimed.
My pachecks ended up going up about $120 total each month.

I was referencing all the wonderful "Medicare for all" plans, and elimination of student debt scenarios that some of these people are attempting to shove down our throats.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
I was referencing all the wonderful "Medicare for all" plans, and elimination of student debt scenarios that some of these people are attempting to shove down our throats.
Meh, that's a whole other complex discussion one that isn't as black and white as what the media would like us to believe as a tax burden on everyone.

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Meh, that's a whole other complex discussion one that isn't as black and white as what the media would like us to believe as a tax burden on everyone.
Nothing the media reports on is ever as black and white as they want it to seem. I work for .gov and see things on the news constantly that just makes me shake my head. It's all about "how can we twist this and get views?" with the media.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.