2019 Roush built Stage 3 car-Tuning questions

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3 Mustang, 1967 Chevy Chevelle
2019 Roush built stage 3, 10A on most recent phase 1 tune but do have phase 2 intercooler. Yes I have read most of the threads on the Roush 2650 and I already know they have heat issues. I am looking for anyone to chime in that has a different tune than the Roush. I would like to know who and what differences you felt in the real world. I am ready to scrap my warranty in order for better drivability, a smarter smoother 10a and some increased reliable HP. I do currently have the stock exhaust but do have a set of catless LTH that I will eventually have put on. I know OZ tuning actually uses a larger pulley to reduce boost in order to control the heat issues then he picks up the power in different areas since the blower is running more efficient. I have also been considering Wengerd. VMP is another I was looking at. Just trying to get the right tune for my actual set up . Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Had my Roush on for all of 2 months before I hated the stock calibration, mostly the random misfires that Ford and Roush could not figure out. Got tuned by Wengerd and never had an issue after for 8 months before I pulled the kit and went a different direction. Drivability transmission wise, throttle response and power was much better after a real tune.

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Wengerd Tune will let the car shift higher in the rpm range and will be much smother shifting add some HP. 100% better than the Roush tune.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
2021 here, same issues. Phase 2 blower set up w Max Mod cooling kit. Cant wait for 3/36 to be over and getting car tuned locally Mustang Magic on long island. I want a "live" dyno tune. Trans shifts are jerky, i feel this car will have a ton more power when its properly tuned. I have the Max Mod cooling kit on car as well, but still have heat soak after multiple blasts in boost. shouldnt be....... Roush needs to seriously engineer a better cooler and set up. Some type of fix for there blowers.
Anthony

OP
OP
DF19RS3

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys for the replies. I am torn between going with the Oz or Wengerd tune. They are pretty different in the type of tuning. OZ wants to lower boost by going with a larger blower pulley to run cooler temps and be more efficient while Wengerd is more traditional tuning.

Sponsored

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys for the replies. I am torn between going with the Oz or Wengerd tune. They are pretty different in the type of tuning. OZ wants to lower boost by going with a larger blower pulley to run cooler temps and be more efficient while Wengerd is more traditional tuning.
Your welcome, anytime my friend. I've always found that dynoing it and tuning it @ same time (If you can) is best. Hence my route when warranty ends. Is there any local shops around you that has dyno an tuning capabilities?

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
2021 here, same issues. Phase 2 blower set up w Max Mod cooling kit. Cant wait for 3/36 to be over and getting car tuned locally Mustang Magic on long island. I want a "live" dyno tune. Trans shifts are jerky, i feel this car will have a ton more power when its properly tuned. I have the Max Mod cooling kit on car as well, but still have heat soak after multiple blasts in boost. shouldnt be....... Roush needs to seriously engineer a better cooler and set up. Some type of fix for there blowers.
Anthony
The intercooler is small. Timing starts getting pulled at 140. A Killer Chiller is my next mod.

OP
OP
DF19RS3

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The intercooler is small. Timing starts getting pulled at 140. A Killer Chiller is my next mod.
Do you have the Wengerd tune now then? Was it a major improvement and could you tell by a seat dyno or at the track in the times and MPH you ran? My car doesn't drive bad I just get a feeling a could run a lot better and also shift a ton better than it currently does. Seems like it gets confused.

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Do you have the Wengerd tune now then? Was it a major improvement and could you tell by a seat dyno or at the track in the times and MPH you ran? My car doesn't drive bad I just get a feeling a could run a lot better and also shift a ton better than it currently does. Seems like it gets confused.
I'm on E85 775rwhp. Wengerd tuned my car remotely on the dyno. The trans tune is worth the money alone. Yes On the roush tune. Downshifts would at times not happen. Push the gas, car would hesitate then take off. Wengerd tune is smooth and spot on. Wengerd Customers service is instant. I emailed him and got a response in an hour. You get feedback from the tuner, not a sales person.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DF19RS3

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I'm on E85 775rwhp. Wengerd tuned my car remotely on the dyno. The trans tune is worth the money alone. Yes On the roush tune. Downshifts would at times not happen. Push the gas, car would hesitate then take off. Wengerd tune is smooth and spot on. Wengerd Customers service is instant. I emailed him and got a response in an hour. You get feedback from the tuner, not a sales person.
Thanks for the info, that's the real world stuff I was looking for.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Your welcome, anytime my friend. I've always found that dynoing it and tuning it @ same time (If you can) is best. Hence my route when warranty ends. Is there any local shops around you that has dyno an tuning capabilities?
The big name mustang tuners are going to tune the s550 better than any local guy on a dyno 99% of the time. They've just tuned so many more than any local guy ever will. If you want a top notch dyno tune I'd suggest having one of the big tuners do a remote dyno tune. Pay the experts to tune and pay your local shop to run the dyno.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
The big name mustang tuners are going to tune the s550 better than any local guy on a dyno 99% of the time. They've just tuned so many more than any local guy ever will. If you want a top notch dyno tune I'd suggest having one of the big tuners do a remote dyno tune. Pay the experts to tune and pay your local shop to run the dyno.
Mustang Magic has been around since 1993 in NY, especially on Long island.. I personally know the tuner from back in my foxbody days. Id rather have car on dyno in front of me. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for your reply, though. Always welcome. Remote dyno tune would def work as well...

Back in the day in tri-state area, we only had ---> Mustang Magic, Crazy Horse, LaRocca's -Jimmy C, Jim D'Amore Sr.- JDM, and Big Daddy down in jersey shore... They were the originators.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
But w that, you also have to deal w deadbeat tuners like Lund.... etc.. From what ive read and heard. I never dealt w Lund personally, So i cant say, but i dont wanna get jammed up w that headache...........

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
But w that, you also have to deal w deadbeat tuners like Lund.... etc.. From what ive read and heard. I never dealt w Lund personally, So i cant say, but i dont wanna get jammed up w that headache...........
Lund won't tune the Roush 2650. I would get one of the big name tuners and do revisions on the street for a stock set up.
Sponsored