2019 puddle light oem retrofit

jv21804

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTPP
Hello! I have a 2019 base gtpp1 with 301a. I would like to add puddle lights. Does anyone know if it’s possible to retrofit the puddle lights? I have seen some aftermarket kits but I would prefer an oem install. Thanks
Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
I have the same 301A package and looking also for this upgrade. Also looking to get the side markers signal lights.

Looking forward for information.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
The pony projectors were standard on my EB Premium and are cool AF. I don't know if you can OEM replace. Good luck!

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
OP
OP

jv21804

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTPP

Sponsored

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Thank you. I was hoping the plug was in the mirror and it was plug and play. But you have to run wires to make it work. I wonder if I bought the mirrors with the factory harness if would power the puddles.
Installed the lights this weekend. There is a plug inside the door that has the power and ground for the puddle lights, but the one that connects to it and goes to the mirror, does not. All I had was three wires going to the mirror motors. Like mentioned in the other linked post, this is a lot of work, as you have to remove the door panel and disassemble the mirror. Had to use FORScan to enable puddle lights as well. If I was doing this again, probably would purchase mirrors with the turn signals and puddle lights already installed and just run the wires. Once I have a bit more time, I'll put together a basic guide.

OP
OP

jv21804

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTPP
Installed the lights this weekend. There is a plug inside the door that has the power and ground for the puddle lights, but the one that connects to it and goes to the mirror, does not. All I had was three wires going to the mirror motors. Like mentioned in the other linked post, this is a lot of work, as you have to remove the door panel and disassemble the mirror. Had to use FORScan to enable puddle lights as well. If I was doing this again, probably would purchase mirrors with the turn signals and puddle lights already installed and just run the wires. Once I have a bit more time, I'll put together a basic guide.
Ok, I’m a bit confused. If I buy new mirrors oem mirrors with the puddle lights, will the plug from the mirrors plug to the body harness without the need to run additional wiring?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Just something to chew on but. Seems this is a lot of work to upgrade these after reading the other thread. I have had my car about 2 weeks now and honestly after the first few times you don't even pay attention to the puddle lights. Its cool at first but after a week or so eh... just my opinion. But might save yourself the money and hassle.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Just something to chew on but. Seems this is a lot of work to upgrade these after reading the other thread. I have had my car about 2 weeks now and honestly after the first few times you don't even pay attention to the puddle lights. Its cool at first but after a week or so eh... just my opinion. But might save yourself the money and hassle.
If you want to do it OEM-style, it is a lot of effort. The parts are not available separately, so you need new mirrors and have to add the missing wires in the door wiring harness including missing terminals.
I have done the process, but added heated mirror glasses and the turn signals too. For the puddle lights alone I would not have done the swap.

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Ok, I’m a bit confused. If I buy new mirrors oem mirrors with the puddle lights, will the plug from the mirrors plug to the body harness without the need to run additional wiring?
You should be good, but still need to remove door panel to get to the wires and remove the mirrors. My 12 pin connector on the door was missing only four wires - all seem to be related to mirror position sensors. Those for heater, puddle and turn signal were all there. But can't guarantee, maybe in yours they did not route all these wires.

Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
chicks dig it

Rayjones86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350 (LFG)
Rock50, which module in ForScan did you find the puddle light option to enable? I have a 2018 Shwlby GT350 and just installed the cobra projector mirrors and mine are not coming on. I was told all the wires are there in '18+. I searched just about every module and couldn't find puddle light option. Any help is appreciated.

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Rock50, which module in ForScan did you find the puddle light option to enable?
From my old notes.

DDM
740-04-01 7000 00 BC Old
740-04-01 F000 00 3C New

PDM
741-04-01 7000 00 BD Old
741-04-01 F000 00 3D New
Sponsored