2019 Mustang GT350 vs. 2020 Mustang GT350

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
I got it from a very good guesser (I am Jeff) that it is just some wheels and spoiler. Pass it on
I see you are replying to what changes possibly in store for the 2020 R. My comments were re: discussion about 2020 Order Guide not listing power ratings but rather saying " TBD" . I was questioning why NO hp/torque fiqures on Order Guide.
Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Mike is right - even compression ratio was TBD in the late fall MY19 ordering guides (both Shelby & other Mustang Order Guides)

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
For the 2020 R I would not expect updates that require any factory re-tooling. I expect maybe more aero improvements, magnaride software tweeks, changes with wheels and suspension and similar. I say so because, IMHO, I cannot expect Ford to invest in factory modifications for a vehicle (350GT & R) that are likely the last naturally aspirated, manual transmission V8 sports cars to be offered above the coyotes. For however long the GT500s live, the performance ecoboost seems where they may focus?

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
1993 Fox 306, 2020 301A PP2
Vehicle Showcase
For the 2020 R I would not expect updates that require any factory re-tooling. I expect maybe more aero improvements, magnaride software tweeks, changes with wheels and suspension and similar. I say so because, IMHO, I cannot expect Ford to invest in factory modifications for a vehicle (350GT & R) that are likely the last naturally aspirated, manual transmission V8 sports cars to be offered above the coyotes. For however long the GT500s live, the performance ecoboost seems where they may focus?
I don't want to believe this is true but I bet any damn money it is... which will disgust the fuck out of me... Up'ing the cost of the car (once again, which is stupid expensive already) by 5K USD and adding nothing!? I do think Ceramic Brakes and or a CF driveshaft could be in store. Personally, I do not want CF exposed anything...
Sponsored