2019 Mustang GT

brentonm74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brenton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hey guys. I have a bricked 2019 Mustang.This all started in March and the car has been at the dealership ever since.

So it all began with a random misfire code. It's started in cylinder 3, then there were codes for multiple cylinder misfire. I was cruising on the highway and passing a vehicle the car started sputtering and the check engine light began blinking and then went out. The issue resolvedm. I got home and parked it. The next morning, I went out to started it so the tow truck could take it to the shop and had was streaming from the right side tailpipe.

1st diagnosis was the car needed a new motor after being bore scoped there was a claim of damage to cylinder 3. I had a second opinion done and then Ford said there was no damage.

So here is the list of fixes so far and still there is a misfire detected.

3 Fuel injectors for cylinder 3, 5, and 8
4 o2 sensors, all we're replaced
New spark plugs
New intake manifold since it was determined the IMRC might have been bad.
New PCM unit

Nothing has worked so far. Ford has no idea what could be causing this issue. I told them from the start there is something electrical going on but they haven't figured it out yet. It's been frustrating not having my car.
Sponsored

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
I think samcrac had a lincoln that was a lemon and he was having issues similar to you. I could be wrong but it turned out to be a loose ground wire. Maybe have them check it out for you.

OP
OP
brentonm74

brentonm74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brenton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I think samcrac had a lincoln that was a lemon and he was having issues similar to you. I could be wrong but it turned out to be a loose ground wire. Maybe have them check it out for you.
They changed out the airbox back to oem car is fine now. I pick it up tomorrow

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
that's amazing. Let us know how it turns out.