2019 Mustang GT Non Active Exhaust muffler on 2015

JamMastaJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Has anyone tried installing a 2018 or 2019 Mustang GT non active exhaust muffler on a 2015?
I test drove a 2018 non active exhaust mustang and would like my 2015 to sound the same. I have a chance to buy some 2019 mufflers for $50 and wondering if I should. I Plan on keeping the stock resonator, any advice?
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
For $50, you can't lose. If it sounds terrible, you're only out $50.

When I test drove a 2018 GT with the standard exhaust, I was surprised at how loud it was inside the car. My 2016 stock exhaust is silent when cruising at 70MPH. But I never got the 2018 onto a freeway to see if it's quiet at 70MPH in the freeway.

Can anyone share how loud their standard 2018-2019 GT exhaust is when cruising on the freeway at 70MPH?

OP
OP

JamMastaJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

When I test drove a 2018 GT with the standard exhaust, I was surprised at how loud it was inside the car. My 2016 stock exhaust is silent when cruising at 70MPH. But I never got the 2018 onto a freeway to see if it's quiet at 70MPH in the freeway.

Can anyone share how loud their standard 2018-2019 GT exhaust is when cruising on the freeway at 70MPH?
I don't want to hack up my rear valance for the quad tips to fit if I'm going to hate it and have to go back to the original dual tips.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I don't want to hack up my rear valance for the quad tips to fit if I'm going to hate it and have to go back to the original dual tips.
Take the bumper off put em on take it for a ride then if you like it and it’s worth it you can hack the rear valance up.

OP
OP

JamMastaJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What a great Idea, I knew there was a reason I post questions on here. THANKS 17Magnetic5.0 !!!!!!

Sponsored

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
I have driven from coast to coast this year putting over 9k miles on my 2019 GT. I thought when I test drove a 19 that the exhaust was on the simi-loud but throaty side. I was considering then that maybe drone on the highways would be a concern.
My car is at 1800rpms doing 75mph it is an auto. At this low rpm you hardly notice the exhaust note and drone is not present. Now once you step on it and down shift a few gears the exhaust wakes up with a thunder and crack that lets you know you have 460 ponies waiting to gallop.
I really do like the sound of the stock exhaust. When I ordered the car I felt the active exhaust valves only benefit was the quiet mode. I was also not a fan of mechanical/electrical linkages within an exhaust route, as heat and corrosion could cause malfunctions. JMO

OP
OP

JamMastaJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

I'm getting my oil changed at the dealership over the weekend. I'm going to take that opportunity to test drive a 19 on the freeway. My dealership keeps sending me advertisement to upgrade to a 2019 but I'm too close to paying off my 15 I don't want to extend my car payments out another 3 years. But the 2015 is just too quiet and I'm too cheap too go aftermarket and really don't want to be much louder than the 18 stock muffler. I'm also hoping that using a stock muffler it wont really be considered aftermarket affecting the value of the car too much in the future

srender517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shannon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Having not owned a Mustang since I sold my 2004 Mustang years ago I thought I would need an after market exhaust on my 2019 Mustang GT. I was pleasantly surprised at the exhaust note and hardly any drone at highway speeds. Maybe I am getting older but I don't plan on removing it and will work on other mods instead.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I also have the 10 speed auto and my car is a convertible. The exhaust sound is very noticeable when you get on it. But, very civil otherwise and no drone.

OP
OP

JamMastaJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ok I was able to meet up with the guy to buy the mufflers today. After getting them home and comparing them to the mufflers on my 2015, the 2019 mufflers definitely look bigger. Does anyone know if it will fit? The hangers look like they are in the same spots but there are large humps on the top outside portion of both mufflers. Also does anyone have a template to cut the stock premium dual exhaust to fit the quad tips of the 2019? pictures ?

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
There’s a post in DIY “adding quad tips exhaust to premium valance.”
Sponsored