Sponsored

2019 mustang gt coupe (base model) (6 speaker configuration)

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I'm not sure if anyone has ever RTA'd the rears to see what freqs they play, but the general consensus is that the factory HU, with the factory EQ settings, highpasses the rears somewhere around 90-100Hz. You can easily shut this off using Forscan and have a true, full-range HU output.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
As long as you keep the polarity correct you should be able to tie the tweeter line to the woofer line and drive a co-ax in the door. But you'll need to disconnect the A-pillar tweeters. I'm no EE but if you put a diode just upstream of the shunt, that might(?) be sufficient to keep the A-pillar tweeters functional but I don't know what kind of wattage is needed. The rear-deck speakers I can't get an actual answer as to what range signal is being sent but with any luck some coax will work back there as well.
Unfortunately that's not going to work. Connecting amplifier channels together to try to sum the high-pass with the low-pass frequency response is asking for a blown amp, blown speaker, or at a minimum terrible sound. Diodes cannot be used to sum AC voltage. A diode will only conduct on the positive half of the signal. An aftermarket amp is the only solution.

stone36441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Alot of useful info here. I have done a similar setup using forscan to disable factory equalizer and bass roll off as well changing to low level input on 6 speaker base model. My question is I'm currently running my fronts active 4 channels and dsp I had been considering getting the premium door panels and going 3 way active up front . Is it worth the hassle to do this for better sound and results or can I get the same results by getting a much better component set?
Sponsored