2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Maybe there will be a Mach1 that rivals the hellcat? Who knows, i'm just thinking out loud here. I would think that ford would want to capitalize on that arena. Even 15 K more is out of a lot of peoples price range. There will be a lot that come on here and say "I can buy a hellcat for 15,000 less and mod it to beat your GT500 for 3K"
I'm sure it will happen. Thing is, its a lot more than just a supercharger.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I'd expect mid 80s starting. Baaaaaaad mammajamma.
If it's going to start in the mid-80s, that leaves a lot of room between a GT500 and a GT. One would think there would be room for another special edition to slot between the GT and the GT500, similar to the 03/04 Mach 1 and Cobra lineup. I don't see how it would make sense to go from a mid-30s GT to a mid-80s GT500. That's leaving a lot of room on the table. Any expectation on a Mach 1 or Boss-type special edition to fill the gap between a GT and the GT500?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If it's going to start in the mid-80s, that leaves a lot of room between a GT500 and a GT. One would think there would be room for another special edition to slot between the GT and the GT500, similar to the 03/04 Mach 1 and Cobra lineup. I don't see how it would make sense to go from a mid-30s GT to a mid-80s GT500. That's leaving a lot of room on the table. Any expectation on a Mach 1 or Boss-type special edition to fill the gap between a GT and the GT500?
Thats what I was thinking, regarding the previous post.
A couple of things. Usually guys that want good burst performance in an inexpensive package buy the base 5.0 GT and supercharge it. Thats the cheapest way to go. Also, a PP2 package costs in the 50's, so there isn't really that large of a gap between it and the GT350 loaded (10K?)
Then it would be roughly 20K from a loaded GT350 to a GT500, but that depends on if the GT350 gets the DCT, if so, its looking like 10- 15K area.

^^There was a leaked oil chart, it said GT350 on it.
I'm thinking there is going to be a upgraded GT350 that comes.
Not sure, but with all the speculation, I'd expect a mach1 as well. Probably a 5.L with some upgrades and appearance package, like years past.
Maybe that ship has sailed.

Last edited:

SlowShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
If it it prices that high, then it would seem they are going to continue to sell the gt350.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
:eyebulge:

(Whilst that sounds expensive for a Mustang......I'm guessing very little is going to be able to touch it in terms of performance (and hopefully handling), including high-end European exotics costing two to three times as much :) )

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Mid 80’s??? Wtf.

-carbon wheels
-titanium exhaust
-carbon spoiler/GOR
-carbon coils

Etc. Mid 80’s??? That’s getting there. Fully loaded 90+??

That’s 22k more than a loaded 350R.

So the KR is 100k Mustang? Lol. Don’t see it unless it’s a last year, last pure engine car.

Super limited and literally a world beater.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
With that price point, maybe it’s standard with DCT?
Demon was low to mid 90s and dodge sold them all fast. I think the ford will be a better overall car. I don’t think they will have a problem selling 3500 a year for 2 years and maybe 2500 KRs,

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Demon will have a hard time keeping up with either early or later one.
Holy smokes!!
It will be faster than the Demon in 0-60 and quarter miles times?? WOW!!!
Will it have a higher MPH in the quarter mile as well? I assume so.

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
CRAP! If a ZR1 will fetch $150k the Mustang is about to break $100k MSRP.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
CRAP! If a ZR1 will fetch $150k the Mustang is about to break $100 MSRP.
For $100,000 there better not be a damn thing wrong with that car. And good luck getting one at MSRP. Realistically though anyone who has the money to spend $150,000 with ADM on a car are they going to buy a Mustang? I'm not so sure I would if I had that kind of money to blow.

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
For $100,000 there better not be a damn thing wrong with that car. And good luck getting one at MSRP. Realistically though anyone who has the money to spend $150,000 with ADM on a car are they going to buy a Mustang? I'm not so sure I would if I had that kind of money to blow.
I agree. I am a Ford fan but if I had $150k to spend on a track car I will be looking at cars from Porsche, Lamborghini, Audi, MB GT...

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
They can build it with 650-700hp at the price we want it for but then it's just not powerful enough. We want 800+hp but don't consider that just about every other component needs to be re-validated.
You want power you'll have to pay for it. If money is an issue the way I would approach this is ask myself what is the cheapest way to get 800+hp with a full factory warranty. In the end there's a power war going on, that's what the market has demanded from the manufacturers, and not so much a price war.

Last edited:

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
You had me at Baaaaadd mammajama!! Went back by my local Ford dealer today to remind him to be ready to do whatever he has to do to procure me one when she breaks cover. As I'm the only one in line hopefully it will be done!! If half of what BmacIL is saying happens I'm already in! Now come on January and release the Beast!

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I agree. I am a Ford fan but if I had $150k to spend on a track car I will be looking at cars from Porsche, Lamborghini, Audi, MB GT...
I agree. I would expect if its going to start in the mid 80's it'll come standard with some upgrades and hopefully offers some better interior materials. If no one pays ADM though then they'll sell for mid 80's-mid 90's. That's a far cry from 150K. For 150K about the only thing i'd consider is vette or porsche maybe a MB GT. Then again comparing used to new cars isn't really apples to apples. But used lambo, ferrari, mclaren would be out, cost of ownership is insane on those cars.
Sponsored