machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Im hoping for a well mannered 800.
I would seriously LOL if ford brought a 809 HP car. I realize the Demon is 840 on race fuel, but on 93 it is 808.
Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
800 would get it done! Yes the Demon is 840 but the first test show that it is the ultimate one trick Pony! Your not going to gain anything by competing with a car that's max numbers are achieved with a tune, skinny tires and 100 octane in the tank. No thank you. Most didn't even care to drive it on an actual road because hello drag race car. Hope Ford doesn't give it a second thought.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
It's always good to read something about the next halo-Stang, but any article that thinks the "TT" window sticker stands for Twin Turbo.....well, I stopped reading at that point. It's Tool Trialling :frusty:
Agreed... I was turned off when they said the 2013 was the last GT500 year, of which I believe was before the TT mishap.

I just thought it fun for the hype.

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
that article is all bs.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I would seriously LOL if ford brought a 809 HP car. I realize the Demon is 840 on race fuel, but on 93 it is 808.
I don't think it needs that much, it won't be able to put it down. Read 3 reviews on the Demon at the dragstrip and they all had tons of issues launching the car at the strip, let alone imagine trying to accelerate on a street. Also the 9.65 they ran was in winter in florida at a rumored negative 2500 DA, I bet most will struggle for low 10's. Hopefully Ford can cut some weight on the front of the car to offset the added weight and with 735-755HP they should be able to run high 10's if not mid 10's and still be fully capable on the track. It all come down to putting that power down. I had a 750 hp CTS-V coupe which was amazing and great over 60 mph but below that it was touchy, sometimes disappointing!

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have a friend that's just like this.

Me: "Dude, I did this 30 times"

Friend: "I did it 31"

Every. Time.

This would be excellent trolling but I doubt it'll be quite that deliberate lol

SlowShelby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grabber Blue GT500
I don't think it needs that much, it won't be able to put it down. Read 3 reviews on the Demon at the dragstrip and they all had tons of issues launching the car at the strip, let alone imagine trying to accelerate on a street. Also the 9.65 they ran was in winter in florida at a rumored negative 2500 DA, I bet most will struggle for low 10's. Hopefully Ford can cut some weight on the front of the car to offset the added weight and with 735-755HP they should be able to run high 10's if not mid 10's and still be fully capable on the track. It all come down to putting that power down. I had a 750 hp CTS-V coupe which was amazing and great over 60 mph but below that it was touchy, sometimes disappointing!
I think this is kind of blind. every big power, rwd car will have problems launching, even at the drag strip. The Demon is set up for drag racing, so it will always hold the advantage. Even if the power to weight was even, the demon was designed for t. Even given an equal p/w ration, the trans-brake and drag radials will win every time, even if conditions suck. If the demon has issues launching, all card will.

The Shelby will be better overall, but not at the strip.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I have a friend that's just like this.

Me: "Dude, I did this 30 times"

Friend: "I did it 31"

Every. Time.

This would be excellent trolling but I doubt it'll be quite that deliberate lol
Haha. How about 810. J/K
I think it would be funny to see, although i have doubts it will go over the demons 93 octane #
If ford made it, id take the 650 NA car over this 755+ car any day, its not about max HP for me, personally. Although, just like any game, we like to see records broken.

I know some fellas like your friend, but they aren't friends for more reasons than the 1 upping.

Last edited:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There's a difference between total power and usable power.

I'm sure a 755+hp 350R platformed Mustang with the right gearing would hellslap a Hellcat, and in the same breath, hand it to a slew of "supercars" on the roadcourse.
We may understand the difference between "total power and usable power" but the masses don't.

Every fly by night internet article for someone who never even touched either car will be regurgitating simple numbers that they read from someone else's article that got their numbers from the Dodge/ford media info.

They will be talking about how it has less HP, less torque, less whatever other numbers you can place in there.

Maybe the narrative would change as these cars get tested against each other. But that only counts if it is by the same driver in the same conditions at the same time.

Think about it, every magazine, ad, commercial, bubba down the street talks about HP and 0-60 times nothing else matters. What some professional driver did at this track on this day will never mean a thing to most people.

So the "numbers racers" will always have an impact on car companies wanting to brag about the "fastest" "most powerful" "newest" "cheapest" car available.

Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Haha. How about 810. J/K
I think it would be funny to see, although i have doubts it will go over the demons 93 octane #
If ford made it, id take the 650 NA car over this 755+ car any day, its not about max HP for me, personally. Although, just like any game, we like to see records broken.

I know some fellas like your friend, but they aren't friends for more reasons than the 1 upping.
Rather have a well rounded badass world beater than a one trick pony that you would rather trailer than drive!

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
There's a difference between total power and usable power.

I'm sure a 755+hp 350R platformed Mustang with the right gearing would hellslap a Hellcat, and in the same breath, hand it to a slew of "supercars" on the roadcourse.
Thank you, That's the wording I was looking for. Useable power! I wonder how long it is until either the SE muscle cars are AWD or they develop some sort of technology that varies power output better.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
We may understand the difference between "total power and usable power" but the masses don't.

Every fly by night internet article for someone who never even touched either car will be regurgitating simple numbers that they read from someone else's article that got their numbers from the Dodge/ford media info.

They will be talking about how it has less HP, less torque, less whatever other numbers you can place in there.

Maybe the narrative would change as these cars get tested against each other. But that only counts if it is by the same driver in the same conditions at the same time.

Think about it, every magazine, ad, commercial, bubba down the street talks about HP and 0-60 times nothing else matters. What some professional driver did at this track on this day will never mean a thing to most people.

So the "numbers racers" will always have an impact on car companies wanting to brag about the "fastest" "most powerful" "newest" "cheapest" car available.
Listen, I'm in awe of a factory sub-10 second car. That is just downright badass... and if it makes 840hp, bueno! And unfortunately, there are more 1/4-mile strips over the US rather than roadcourses and claiming king of the hill with the most HP is rather lucrative... but who gives a poop outside of the Napoleon crowd?

Massive power is fun for 10-seconds at a time... 755hp that is roadcourse proven and a better all-around streetable car is the better choice. Besides, if the whole world had common sense, there'd be no need for politics.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Listen, I'm in awe of a factory sub-10 second car. That is just downright badass... and if it makes 840hp, bueno! And unfortunately, there are more 1/4-mile strips over the US rather than roadcourses and claiming king of the hill with the most HP is rather lucrative... but who gives a poop outside of the Napoleon crowd?

Massive power is fun for 10-seconds at a time... 755hp that is roadcourse proven and a better all-around streetable car is the better choice. Besides, if the whole world had common sense, there'd be no need for politics.
Great post as well as the earlier post about "usable" h/p. Funny you mention (((massive))) power, to me that goes hand in hand with 'Murica! Everything has gotta be bigger, stronger, more powerful etc.

A few examples; how much power does that car make?! What's the square footage of your home? What's your max on the bench-press? What do you run in the 40 yard dash? What does your car do 0-60? How many watts does your amp push? I could go on for days, but most folks, esp the non gear-head types are only concerned about how (((much))) H O R E S P O W E R does it make buddy?!

True gear-heads understand that if you can't get the power to the ground, if it doesn't hook or stick in the curves the suspension needs work. Spinning at winning but by God it looks sooooo cool

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
i couldnt FULLY use the power in my '14 GT 500 at 760hp. 1st and 2nd = no traction.
I like a standard but im really looking forward to the auto in this next one and besides, i wont need to worry about gear grinding when i let my wife drive it.
Sponsored