2019 GT350 order update

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
with today's technology, i cannot see why ANY car company cannot offer an almost unlimited color pallet for their car/truck lineup. from watching the videos of factory tours and such, the paint booth has evolved into sophisticated robotic spraying machines and can paint 2, 3, 4 different colors in the same booth at the same time.
i understand back in the day when it was people doing the spraying it took time, but with today's "technology" they say they have, why cant they just mix colors at will like they do with everything else....if you want a custom color then they can charge you and "up-charge" for it...im sure it would be worth it to get a rare color....then we could see many different colors of cars all over the place.....
or am i thinking way too "outside the box" here....
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

misdeismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350
Additional info on 2019 GT350

Found this article as well that gives more detail on the changes both inside and out:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...50-drops-gifts-you-with-faster-lap-times.html

From Autoguide.com:

Power keeps steady for the Mustang at 526 horsepower and 429 pound-feet of torque from the 5.2-liter naturally aspirated flat-plane V8 engine, but it’s the suspension, tires, and aerodynamics that see the engineering love.

Ford tapped Billy Johnson, driver of the FIA World Endurance Ford GT and Mustang GT4, to dial in the 2019 Shelby GT350. With Johnson’s tuning input, engineers made upgrades to the GT350’s MagneRide active suspension with recalibrated springs and damping. At all four corners, new 295/35 front and 305/35 rear Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires improve stiffness, acceleration, and braking performance and feature a Shelby GT350-specific tread pattern. Ford did not provide updates performance statistics, however.

On the aerodynamic front, the 2019 Shelby GT350 will be offered with a new rear-spoiler design and an optional Gurney flap. Again, Ford was light on details, but the optional Gurney flap will deliver greater aerodynamic efficiency. Plenty of time in the wind tunnel also led to a new grille closeout to further improve aero.

Aside from the changes and tweaks to the suspension and aero bits, Ford also gave the interior a freshening. Upon plopping down into the driver’s seat, a new standard machined aluminum instrument panel sits front and center. Buyers will also have the option of a carbon-fiber version. Peering around the cabin reveals new door panel inserts in dark slate suede with accent stitching, while Recaro seats remain standard, but gain a power-adjustable option.

New features and technology include a standard 8-inch touchscreen unit with SYNC 3, 12-speaker B&O PLAY audio system, and dual-zone climate control is now also standard equipment.
2019 Shelby GT350 production will begin in early 2019 with availability shortly thereafter.

2019-Shelby-GT350-03.jpg

2019-Shelby-GT350-04.jpg

2019-Shelby-GT350-05.jpg

2019-Shelby-GT350-07.jpg

2019-Shelby-GT350-11.jpg

2019-Shelby-GT350-08.jpg

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
If it is gonna share brakes with the 500 the wheels will go to 20s to clear. Wonder how much the price is gonna go up for the upgrades too

Sponsored

Tflong24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
With these changes, especially the Cup 2s, the performance gap to the R has closed greatly I’m sure. So.......will there be changes for the R as well? Or maybe no R for 19?

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Those wheels look sort of like the RS forged wheels.

I wonder if they are lighter.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Anyone notice the silver pin stripe with the instead of black? Looks pretty good
Yep - and ive thought that silver pinstripe would fit with the silver 350 badges quite well, as does red pinstripe with the red 350R badges....

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
With these changes, especially the Cup 2s, the performance gap to the R has closed greatly I’m sure. So.......will there be changes for the R as well? Or maybe no R for 19?
Plus with the GT500 coming out, there might just not be room at the R's price point.

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I don't know about coming with cup 2 tires. If there is no option for the tires we have now that don't have the R the cup 2's are not a good tire for every day driving on the street for safety (traction, rain etc.) plus can crack in cold weather if not kept above (I believe either 40 or 45 degrees) There is a whole lot of us that drive our car daily on the street and live where they have a cold season and some like me have to have outside in a carport covered that don't have a heated garage etc. Surely you will have a tire choice and not have to have only cup 2's when buying the 2019. Would be a lot of money out of pocket to change out tires after buying car to not have them.

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
There was something about liquid that made it seem like you couldn't really do it on a production car. I can't remember exactly but I thought it had like 5 different coats to get to that color.

I will agree I think performance is probably based on that color and they worked on getting it as similar as possible without needing so many coats of paint.

All assumption.
i spoke to a Ford rep about Liquid Blue. It is apparently a 7-10 stage paint, so mucho dinero.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't know about coming with cup 2 tires. If there is no option for the tires we have now that don't have the R the cup 2's are not a good tire for every day driving on the street for safety (traction, rain etc.) plus can crack in cold weather if not kept above (I believe either 40 or 45 degrees) There is a whole lot of us that drive our car daily on the street and live where they have a cold season and some like me have to have outside in a carport covered that don't have a heated garage etc. Surely you will have a tire choice and not have to have only cup 2's when buying the 2019. Would be a lot of money out of pocket to change out tires after buying car to not have them.
I agree with you.

The cup 2 tires are what I would call temporary tires. The regular non-track wear rate for them is such that you will replace them several times per year if you drive a car with cup 2 tires like a normal daily driver vehicle.

Cup 2 tires definitely don't fit into my budget for a daily driven car.

I think some people buying the Mustang PP2 have requested (and gotten) different factory tires installed. It will be interesting to find out whether there are other options available for the GT350.