Sponsored

2019 GT - MT82 weird sound question.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Update: noise has stopped. Note: Rev matching works on both up shifts and down shifts. So when up shifting, I let up on the gas completely, then apply the gas after the shift is done and clutch completely let out. This results in the smoothest shifts.

Doesn't it jerk or engage harsh by letting off the clutch completely then getting back on the gas? I tried this in my 16' and it was not smooth at all unless it was 6th gear.
Sponsored

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Update: noise has stopped. Note: Rev matching works on both up shifts and down shifts. So when up shifting, I let up on the gas completely, then apply the gas after the shift is done and clutch completely let out. This results in the smoothest shifts.
How long/how many miles did it take for it to stop?

I've noticed my 2019 GT PP1 is doing this when I shift above 5-5.5k.

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
I only have 1500 miles on the car. Not sure if the issue went away of my technique got better. The rev. match works really good, so as long as I wait until the clutch is fully released before getting on the gas, no weird sound. Have not tried it with rev match turned off. Nor have I tried to induce the sound. Doing a track day in a couple of weeks. That should be a good test. Will report back.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Interesting. My rev matching works great, thats not an issue for me.

The up shifts at high RPMS were making noise this morning when I was trying to be gentle and let the clutch out smoothly.

At lunch I took it for a drive and got on a highway on ramp and just banged the gears and didnt notice the clutch sound.

I wonder if it is just my technique.

Either way, not super concerned about it since it seems a lot of cars have this clutch noise.

Sponsored

Willd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
How long/how many miles did it take for it to stop?

I've noticed my 2019 GT PP1 is doing this when I shift above 5-5.5k.
I am not sure if it actually "stopped" as such for me, I think maybe bit is more to do with driving technique and being more careful with the clutch release. Have 1200 miles on the clock.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Stop blowing things out of proportion? Garbabe? lol they have one of the best drivetrains u can buy on the market. Stop whining and sell it if u dont like it.. all i hear is ppl whining bitching and complaining. cant stand how ppl exaggerate things out of context.

:crying::crying::crying::crying:
Agreed. Damn idiots.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Agreed. Damn idiots.
Lol. Yeah. Sorry for spending 45k on a car and questioning an odd noise when none of my past performance cars have had this issue.

I apologize for offending you.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Lol. Yeah. Sorry for spending 45k on a car and questioning an odd noise when none of my past performance cars have had this issue.

I apologize for offending you.
Take it to service and don’t just bitch like everyone else.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Take it to service and don’t just bitch like everyone else.
Thank you for the suggestion. I didn't realize I could do that.

Sponsored

Mreedini56

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Did anyone ever get this figured out, I’m having the same issues in my 2016 mustang gt I noticed it yesterday shifting around 6k rpm

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
My 2019 now has 2,500 miles including a track day at Road Atlanta. Hasn’t made the clutch grind noise since about 500 - 700 miles or so. My shift technique has gotten much better. That is, let the rev. match do it’s job. But at the track day with a lot of hard shifting, no noise. A couple of days ago I power shifted in to third by mistake, gas was on the floor when I released the clutch, no grind. About snapped my neck, but no grind. Noise seems to have gone away for me.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Did anyone ever get this figured out, I’m having the same issues in my 2016 mustang gt I noticed it yesterday shifting around 6k rpm
Pretty sure this is only an issue on the 18+ cars because they switched to a twin disc clutch.

If your 2016 is making a weird noise I'd get it looked at.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Yup, just wondering if this was figured out ? mine is a 2018 and i'm noticing the same things.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Damn, there are A LOT of freaking noises and crap we need to get used to. First, the infamous 'tick', which sounds very troublesome to me, but so far my car hasn't made it (yet. Ha ha). Then I learned about the damn 2K rattle, which of course my car has, but didn't notice it before due to the exhaust noise and stereo. Hope it's not detrimental in any way. Then this clutch issue, which I still don't know if I have it or not because haven't gone above 4.5K rpm or so. I'm feeling better there's a way to eliminate it, but would like to know what exactly is it, and if it's detrimental to the clutch and/or tranny or not. I don't apply throttle until clutch is out (just a fraction of a second behind), so maybe my driving style will be conducive to avoid that grinding noise. We'll see :). Hope that's the end of bad news with issues, but after owning several Corvettes, Porsches, BMWs, etc., this is one of the best powetrains I've had the pleasure of driving. It's just that Ford needs to get its act together, and get QC under control. Without issues, it's probably the best performance bang for the buck by far.
Sponsored