Sponsored

2019 GT-H Bumper

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
It just arrived, I would say lead time was 5 weeks.

Will have it installed within two weeks. will let them keep the car for better paint matching

It came with the install kit of bolts / clips etc. No instructions though, but should be straight forward.

Was well packaged and intact so far. It does have Shelby part engravings on the insides of parts which may confirm that this is the official supplier.

They will paint it and match it, then install it and see if it works on base pan / liners at first.

Some spot sanding will be needed to blend and smoothen out the outside areas where some brackets are molded behind the surface showing off slight raised areas.

shelb 1.jpg

shelb 2.jpg

shelb 3.jpg

thumbnail.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dark Side

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HPP Fastback. 1967 Mustang Fastback
Hell yeah! I'll have to pick one of these up next month. Looks like I know what I'm getting for my birthday.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Car is at shop but they are figuring out what to do first. They have PP pan on hand as well and will first try the existing base pan, but the issue is when we manually test fit the PP pan to the bumper, it did not seem to have any possible tuck into the splitter section of the new bumper pretty much just exposing the edges open from the chin. that was the PP pan with it not installed yet, so will try the base pan that is on the car. it has some more exposed edge sets vs the PP one that is flatter in front, but however PP has all 9 holes that line up, but the base only gets to provide 7 holes.

The screw kit that came with it are a bit confusing, body shop and I were still trying to figure out things.

I am checking with alibaba once again if possibly any instruction document exists. I even tried asking Shelby Tech Support if they got one (I doubt they will respond)

either way I just need to hope of a way the pan will tuck in, because last thing you want is air to completely go entirely between the chin and the pan.

I saw some GT-H examples and some show the pan exposed and some do not.

screws.jpg

Belly Pan Edge.jpg

Last edited:

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Car is at shop but they are figuring out what to do first. They have PP pan on hand as well and will first try the existing base pan, but the issue is when we manually test fit the PP pan to the bumper, it did not seem to have any possible tuck into the splitter section of the new bumper pretty much just exposing the edges open from the chin. that was the PP pan with it not installed yet, so will try the base pan that is on the car. it has some more exposed edge sets vs the PP one that is flatter in front, but however PP has all 9 holes that line up, but the base only gets to provide 7 holes.

The screw kit that came with it are a bit confusing, body shop and I were still trying to figure out things.

I am checking with alibaba once again if possibly any instruction document exists. I even tried asking Shelby Tech Support if they got one (I doubt they will respond)

either way I just need to hope of a way the pan will tuck in, because last thing you want is air to completely go entirely between the chin and the pan.

I saw some GT-H examples and some show the pan exposed and some do not.

screws.jpg
Keep on figuring it out mate but it will fit for sure! I'm waiting for my SuperSnake hood to be cleared in port then get to installation process.
Post more pics when get it done,

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Some updates,

Base Belly pan lines up better in front with providing only 7 of the 9 screw section of the new bumper, however it then no longer lines up with the screw holes in rear of belly pan.

The PP one uses all 9 of the 9 u clip connections on the new bumper and screw holes all line up for rest of rear of belly pan, but does not close up good in the front especially corners though (tuck in)

Shop is going to stick with the PP pan, but try to see of maybe modifying some extra holes, maybe fabricate corner plates.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Looks all done so far.

PP pan was used, they however had to mod the pan to a point of trimming the original 9 raised bolt hole housings off (could not use the built in 9 plastic sections behind the bumper for using those holes. ) and instead re-use the existing uclips that come installed with PP pans and made new holes in the chin housing to connect the pan. This was the custom portion and glad I used my preferred shop that actually promotes custom work and looks much better than most actual official Shelby Conversion Job I have seen.

This resulted in the entire pan being safely inside the chin with no gaps and the rubber air deflection walls and floor all fit in the bottom and properly allow all air to divert into the radiator section.

The idea of paint matching the bezels to the GT/CS grille was not recommended and would have no warranty, it comes textured and even smoothing it out would come with risks, so we left it as is, the surface of the bezels and chin housing does match factory side skirts/texture so no need to paint match it. They recommended to use 3D 711 trim care protectant to keep it clean and have a nice sheen.

I was able to find exact match black abs plastic 2" circular furniture leg covers that fit exactly and snug into the brake duct tube housings. This will reduce more direct air from going into the empty area between the radiator housing and empty area in front of liner since I do not currently have a brake cooling kit installed.

The side vents are still open, but at least they do escape a bit by the existing cooling vane cut out section which is intended for base mustangs that have functional air curtain vents.

Factory license plate bracket was also custom cut a bit on lower side angles to fit flush and perpendicular to the new bumper shape .

ACC works 100% and you can see the sensor is now in the open so that is probably why Shelby states it still works.

Factory GT/CS grille fit without issues and makes it stand out and keep my GT/CS cues and not scream poser :p So I just put away the Shelby Upper Grille

shelby 5.jpg

shelby 2.jpg
shelby 1.jpg

shelby 4.jpg

Last edited:

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks all done so far.

PP pan was used, they however had to mod the pan to a point of trimming the original 9 raised bolt hole housings off (could not use the built in 9 plastic sections behind the bumper for using those holes. ) and instead re-use the existing uclips that come installed with PP pans and made new holes in the chin housing to connect the pan. This was the custom portion and glad I used my preferred shop that actually promotes custom work and looks much better than most actual official Shelby Conversion Job I have seen.

This resulted in the entire pan being safely inside the chin with no gaps and the rubber air deflection walls and floor all fit in the bottom and properly allow all air to divert into the radiator section.

The idea of paint matching the bezels to the GT/CS grille was not recommended and would have no warranty, it comes textured and even smoothing it out would come with risks, so we left it as is, the surface of the bezels and chin housing does match factory side skirts/texture so no need to paint match it. They recommended to use 3D 711 trim care protectant to keep it clean and have a nice sheen.

I was able to find exact match black abs plastic 2" circular furniture leg covers that fit exactly and snug into the brake duct tube housings. This will reduce more direct air from going into the empty area between the radiator housing and empty area in front of liner since I do not currently have a brake cooling kit installed.

The side vents are still open, but at least they do escape a bit by the existing cooling vane cut out section which is intended for base mustangs that have functional air curtain vents.

Factory license plate bracket was also custom cut a bit on lower side angles to fit flush and perpendicular to the new bumper shape .

ACC works 100% and you can see the sensor is now in the open so that is probably why Shelby states it still works.

Factory GT/CS grille fit without issues and makes it stand out and keep my GT/CS cues and not scream poser :p So I just put away the Shelby Upper Grille

shelby 5.jpg

shelby 2.jpg
shelby 1.jpg

shelby 4.jpg
Great add up for sure
Please post more pictures showing the whole car from different angles if you could. My only wish if they would have made the extra splitter attached with this bumper. Other than that, job well done!

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Great add up for sure
Please post more pictures showing the whole car from different angles if you could. My only wish if they would have made the extra splitter attached with this bumper. Other than that, job well done!
I will take better photos later, but here is a shop photo of it before license plate bracket was modified and corrected, (was still in stock shape)

The lower splitter? I did inquire with the supplier if they had the Super Snake lower, but they do not sell it or even the new 2022 bezels that I inquired about, however I kind of do not like the two tiny plastic vanes that overhang toward the rear on the new bezel and its has fake honeycomb accenting. the original smoother one blends better and works with my GT/CS upper grille. I would need to use the Shelby upper to match the 2022 bezels.

I actually experienced no scraping on same curbs I have used since the new bumper, I had the Steeda Q-Fascia which has a extended splitter and bottom did scrape even at angles, (I have Steeda Minimum Drop Springs) That bumper was kinda showing its age because the metal bracket moldings on inside were kinda pressing out and material of bumper is more flimsy vs this Bumper. However the Steeda Q-Fascia chin spoiler angles up and will often go over or move up a curb if contact is made, but this bumper even with minimum drop springs will go perpendicular into a curb and probably damage the entire structure. I see evidence of this on Shelby GT-H and GT-S that are on sale, they hit curbs and it broke the belly pan connections off the bumper and some separations of the plastic chin housing, especially the GT-S which was originally a rental.

So got to be careful or back into a parking spot, My work requires head in though, so I have to take it easy and I already know certain markings I use to align my mirrors edges on to know when to stop.

The good side is if someone hit my car in a parking lot, the rear is all stock and can be repaired right away vs having to wait 5+ weeks for a sea freight delivery to get a new bumper.

I have not been successful at trying to source the Super Snake lower splitter attachment.

frontal.jpg

The product is the 2019 GT-H or GT-S bumper portion.

Screenshot 2022-07-13 123035.jpg

2019 Super snake which is same bumper but with the lower splitter added which also hides the belly pan gaps and imperfections that show on most GT-H / GT-S conversions.

Screenshot 2022-07-13 115141.jpg

2022 refreshed Super Snake bezels and lower splitter. 2022 GT-H went back to just a stock Mustang bumper.

Screenshot 2022-07-13 123210.jpg

Last edited:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Here is what had to be adjusted to the PP belly pan. The more GT-H I see, the belly pan is actually attached to those u clip extensions built in the new bumper, but edges are left exposed and open (not able to be tucked in) base pan runs short not able to connect to all holes and will not line up with the under tray holes. the PP pan does connect to all holes and also line up with the under tray holes. However runs short and cannot reach to tuck in.

So my body shop found the solution of cutting out the housings that would press it down below the chin and was able to give the length to tuck in and then re-use all PP tray u-clip positions into the new chin spoiler.

The chin spoiler originally has its own u-clips to connect the splitter housing to the bumper shell, but those would not have allowed the belly pan to tuck in, so the u-clip positions and new holes were made to secure it.

Just an example of what someone may have to do if they want this to fit right and perhaps better than Shelby does.

I am thinking the bumper is not complete and is intended to use those u-clips in the bumper shell and then the Super Snake lower splitter is then added and covers it all up, but the GT-H and GT-S were not given the lower splitter so it looked exposed. It may explain two of the un-used bags of clips that maybe related to the Super Snake lower chin extension piece which is not offered.

nuts.jpg

belly 2.jpg

Screenshot 2022-07-24 123314.jpg

Last edited:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
cobra 1.jpg

A better shot for anyone who is still thinking about getting the Shelby GT-H or GT-S fascia and alternative of retaining your stock upper if you desire.

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well finally I made it after a very very long wait due to logistics during the pandemic and so on! But the outcome is defiantly worth it!

ROUSH2.jpg

ROUSH1.jpg

Excuse the horrible quality lol
Sponsored