Sponsored

2019 Ecoboost Sound (exhaust & stereo) - Worth the Wait?

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I'm wondering how hard a retrofit of the B&O system will be for a 2018 Premium. Does it still take up the trunk space?

The Premium system is ok but it lacks dynamic range and low end frequencies. It needs to be turned up a bit to sound good.
Sponsored

Vernichtung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
How kind and respectful you are to refer to your fellow members Mustangs as “crap”. As a GT owner why did you even bother to post on this topic?
Oh, come on, man, that isn’t what he said. He was referring to the sound of the Ecoboost Mustang’s exhaust note.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How kind and respectful you are to refer to your fellow members Mustangs as “crap”. As a GT owner why did you even bother to post on this topic?
Reading, it's such a difficult skill these days.

Also if you go back to the beginning you'll see that the OP is trying to understand if the active exhaust is worth it. It isn't, because Ford's design has made it one of the very worst sounding I-4s available (you'll see that I've stated that 4 cylinder engines can sound good, just not this one without significant changes). The 2.3 is a good engine, and is a great choice for many, but sounding sporting or appealing isn't its strong suit. Stock, quiet exhaust is best. I'd probably own an EB if not for that, as it's a better handling car that I really liked driving.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Reading, it's such a difficult skill these days.

Also if you go back to the beginning you'll see that the OP is trying to understand if the active exhaust is worth it. It isn't, because Ford's design has made it one of the very worst sounding I-4s available (you'll see that I've stated that 4 cylinder engines can sound good, just not this one without significant changes). The 2.3 is a good engine, and is a great choice for many, but sounding sporting or appealing isn't its strong suit. Stock, quiet exhaust is best. I'd probably own an EB if not for that, as it's a better handling car that I really liked driving.
I agree with you on the 2015-2017 models (stock best, etc)... not sure about the active exhaust since I've not heard it.

I messed up and drove an AMG a month ago... what a sound. The new Mustang GTs may sound good stock now as well (2015-2017s, not that much, IMO).
Sponsored