Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
I don't think you are making any point.

Anyone who understands 1/4 mile racing, knows that the time posted, is for that day, that time. And even 20 minutes later variables can change that make the run different. Everyone knows that You can't directly compare time slips, only garner their information.

Yet, You have some weird ignorant assumption, that a "hero run" is not part of the data set, because it is not objective enough?

Oddly, you are being overly subjective in your posts, offering your perspective because you have some sort of bias in place. Not sure your motive, but you clearly don't know how to handle data sets. Or how to generalize and compare them.
No Bias here. Of cousre hero runs count.. but they make up 1% of all runs.

No matter.. I will be proven right once summer comes around.
Sponsored

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
No, it's called variables. Physics doesn't miraculously change there guy.
Anyways heres my buddies F/I vette.. I gap him all the time, street, 1/4 mile, road course (yah he's a great driver), with my junk (see sig).
Wait wait wait.. I just read this again... So.. your CIA, Xpipe Tuned Mustang "Gaps" a LS3 F/I Corvette?!?! :lol::lol::lol::lol::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy: Your buddy must be the worst driver in history. Im assuming the Vette makes 600+ Hp and weight 3300lbs...and your 450Hp 3800 Mustang Gaps it??? LOLLOLOL

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
That 11.8 was an incredible hero run. Heck my LS3 Corvette has had a 11.3 hero run but I dont go around saying I have an 11.3 sec car.
But you do.

And he has an 11.8 car.

Quibble all you want on HOW it happened...but it happened.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
But you do.

And he has an 11.8 car.

Quibble all you want on HOW it happened...but it happened.
Has nothing to do with "quibbling", it has to do with reality.

Any alterations from stock like tire pressure, lightening, etc., is not quibbling.

Any runs made at negative DA must be taken into account and is not quibbling.

Just because something "happened" doesn't mean it's relative.

Sponsored

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
I am sorry, proven right about what..?
That the 18s arent 11.8 second cars on the street. Sure you can run that on prepped tracks in great DA. But no on the streets with the average Joe.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
That the 18s arent 11.8 second cars on the street. Sure you can run that on prepped tracks in great DA. But no on the streets with the average Joe.
Then the same can be said about the Camaro

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Then the same can be said about the Camaro
I never said it didnt apply to the Camaro. My take is the SS and GT are now evenly matched in a straight line.

Sponsored

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' , premium ,10 speed, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The new 18 GTs are amazing. They sounds great. They look good. They are fast! But... they are expensive cars now to get that great performance.

But people are getting carried away saying they are as fast as C7s. This whole thing started when someone said the 18 GT was just as fast as a C7. And thats just simply not the case.

They are the best price around, the automatic is available for $35,000 just pick a color.. And it's the only car hitting 119 mph in the traps, indicating a actual horse power of 490, also numerous Dyno runs are showing 420 at the wheel.... The 18 is going to be brutal, it's already hurting feelings. ... Half the price of the Corvettes. HALF, that's awesome. That someone would be me saying that the Corvettes in the 18 Mustang automatic are nearly identical in the quarter mile which will prove to be true when we start seeing these runs soon.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Who is making the claim either car is an 11.8 second car on the street? Anybody with two brain cells to rub together knows when you say "I ran a 11.8 second quarter" that it was at the track.
Discounting 1/4 runs for ANY car because it was done on a 1/4 track is just pure silliness.
I still can't wrap my head around why only illegal street racing is credible...where you don't get a time slip...
Let's just be up front about how/when these runs were done and stop discounting good runs as "hero" runs because it was under good conditions.

As I said before it's hard to call it a hero run when there were 3 back to back sub 12 second runs.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
They are the best price around, the automatic is available for $35,000 just pick a color.. And it's the only car hitting 119 mph in the traps, indicating a actual horse power of 490, also numerous Dyno runs are showing 420 at the wheel.... The 18 is going to be brutal, it's already hurting feelings. ... Half the price of the Corvettes. HALF, that's awesome. That someone would be me saying that the Corvettes in the 18 Mustang automatic are nearly identical in the quarter mile which will prove to be true when we start seeing these runs soon.
Are you for real LoL? For one a Base GT is 36k and the 10 Speed is a 1600$ option. And you cant get sub 12s without the MagRide/Drag Mode/PP tires. Thats a 45k GT.

Why are you so obsessed with trap speed? Its not everything.

The car IS NOT 490HP! Just stop.

And a new Corvette is 55.5k New. Walk into any Dealership and you can get it out the door for low 50s easily. But just for argument sake the last time i checked half of 55.5k is $27,750. So now your math skills are in question.

Plenty of videos of stock C7s running sub 11.7 so when you find a 18 GT doing that come back.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Who is making the claim either car is an 11.8 second car on the street? Anybody with two brain cells to rub together knows when you say "I ran a 11.8 second quarter" that it was at the track.
Discounting 1/4 runs for ANY car because it was done on a 1/4 track is just pure silliness.
I still can't wrap my head around why only illegal street racing is credible...where you don't get a time slip...
Let's just be up front about how/when these runs were done and stop discounting good runs as "hero" runs because it was under good conditions.

As I said before it's hard to call it a hero run when there were 3 back to back sub 12 second runs.
A lot of Mustang guys all over the internet, not just on this site are saying its an 11.8 car.

My point is that run was done back to back to back in very favorable conditions. If there was an SS there that same day it would done very similar.

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' , premium ,10 speed, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Are you for real LoL? For one a Base GT is 36k and the 10 Speed is a 1600$ option. And you cant get sub 12s without the MagRide/Drag Mode/PP tires. Thats a 45k GT.

Why are you so obsessed with trap speed? Its not everything.

The car IS NOT 490HP! Just stop.

And a new Corvette is 55.5k New. Walk into any Dealership and you can get it out the door for low 50s easily. But just for argument sake the last time i checked half of 55.5k is $27,750. So now your math skills are in question.

Plenty of videos of stock C7s running sub 11.7 so when you find a 18 GT doing that come back.

They are on the dyno with 420hp at the wheel, from nearly 5 different sources, that equals 490 at the engine. ... I can't help it if your feelings are hurt about this. ... And anybody that races knows the mph is it fair indication of horsepower to back up the Dyno. .... And no your flat out lying the C7 doesn't run 11.7 stock. .... Your precious corvette runs identical to the 18 automatic Mustang GT for nearly half the price. ... You're going to have to learn to swallow that.... Just like others have told you to do.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.