frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
As a 2 + year owner of the 2019 Bullitt I wonder how the value will hold up vs the new Mach 1. 5 or 10 years down the road, miles being the same, which one will hold / appreciate in value. I love my Bullitt but also the look of the new Mach 1: Comments?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Only the GT350 has a prayer of not depreciating as fast as a GT. There were 12,000 Bullitts built and presumably something similar for Mach 1. They are not in any way remotely 'collectable'. And still won't be in 25 years time.

If you can manage to dump your Bullitt for an unrealistic high price because of the current market distortions, do it. Then you have cash for a Mach 1.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Only the GT350 has a prayer of not depreciating as fast as a GT. There were 12,000 Bullitts built and presumably something similar for Mach 1. They are not in any way remotely 'collectable'. And still won't be in 25 years time.

If you can manage to dump your Bullitt for an unrealistic high price because of the current market distortions, do it. Then you have cash for a Mach 1.
With the greatest of respect to all, anyone who buys a car thinking he will make money on it, (excluding exotic classics) needs to get a reality check. You buy them because you love them, spend way to much money pampering them, and then usually drop a bundle if you have to sell for whatever reason. Just accept it and enjoy your ride!

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
There were 12,000 Bullitts built
I realize its longer years but the bullitt is 19/20 with approx 12k
the 350 is over 20k not including the 2020 model year production numbers so 2015-2019.

seeing a 350 is almost 2x more likely than a bullitt just saying :)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
seeing a 350 is almost 2x more likely than a bullitt just saying :)
sure but the GT350 has mind-share even if over-inflated. A Bullitt has a paint job. Big whoop. If you get $500 over a similarly equipped GT Premium I'll eat my hat.

Granted I saw my first 19/20 Bullitt yesterday on the highway and I've seen a good half dozen GT350 in the same period of time. Doesn't make them more valuable though.

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
sure but the GT350 has mind-share even if over-inflated. A Bullitt has a paint job. Big whoop. If you get $500 over a similarly equipped GT Premium I'll eat my hat.

Granted I saw my first 19/20 Bullitt yesterday on the highway and I've seen a good half dozen GT350 in the same period of time. Doesn't make them more valuable though.
not going to get into an argument over what you feel or i feel about what the car is. this was directed about your comment about production numbers. Could the 350 become the next car to be worth 7 figures in 50 years? sure could it also be worth "regular" car money sure. same goes for the bullitt or boss or any other mustang.
one of the major factors in a car becoming more sought after is rarity, sooo ipso facto 50% less production more of a chance... Like Lloyd said in dumb and dumber to Mary Swanson "so your saying theres a chance"

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
The only time these two cars are going to be worth anything is when Ford stops making the engine and goes full electric.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
GT350, Mach 1, Bullitt. In that order, that is my best guess. GT350 because of the engine and the snake badge, Mach 1 because it is closer to the Shelby than the Bullitt. I had the choice between the three and went with the one that (in my opinion) will depreciate the most. I chose the best car for me and don't regret it. By the time any of these may actually appreciate I'll be driving in heaven (knock on wood), so I guess what I'm saying is is I decided not to care about value retention. I got what I wanted and will enjoy it as long as I am able to.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If you're buying late-model Mustangs as any kind of investment, you're doing it wrong....

That said, I know a couple of guys that work for a classic/collector car dealership. Based on the tons of Mustangs they move, any of the more special cars tend to bring more versus just a GT of equivalent age, mileage, etc. You know, just like they did when they were new. But all of the Mustangs they've moved from the last 15 years have gone for well under their sticker prices.

It turns out my '15 GT is Marti-documented as 1-of-1 as built, which was a surprise. Does that make it worth any more over any '15 GT currently? Highly unlikely, unless the right guy came along. It doesn't make a whit of difference if I wanted to trade it in tomorrow. It might make a difference many, many years from now, but only if the car stays pristine and low mile and serves as a prime example of the period. My crystal ball is hazy as hell when it comes to this particular car.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
They might be worth 'more' in the literal sense, meaning even $100 more would make that statement true. But it's hardly worth mentioning :). Only unusual circumstances could alter their depreciating fate, like the temporary COVID issue, which helped our cars hold value a little better for a few months. But now they're down the toilet again. Ha ha.
Sponsored