Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
They are the same car, same engine, same transmission.

The PP2 will most likely have the same tune, or a Ford Performance tune. It also has a more capable suspension and the only actual tangible difference (I believe) is the motorized leather Recaros.

The PP2 should cost more than the Bullitt..

I have to say, that DHG is one of the best colors on the S550. I would pay a premium to get a PP2 in Dark Hunter Green. Or see about upgrading the Bullitt with PP2/GT350/500 stuff.
The Bullitt is Premium based (based on digital dash) the PP2 isn't.
Sponsored

Reactions: 113

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Well they did it to me again. Looks like I'll be getting a GTPP A10 in Black and have it repainted in Dark Highland Green. My knee won't let me drive a stick anymore, and my wife want to drive it too, so, I'm on my own, again. I hated the Recaro seats on both of the GTs at the San Jose car show anyways, but the stockers are great so won't be needing the green stitching or all the cheesy Bullitt logos and chrome bits. I hate chrome. I'll just have to get used to saying "no it's not a Bullitt" its a (insert my last name), its better, because I can drive it! It will be the better, faster, new version of my '67 390 GTA Fastback in Dark Moss Green I wish I never sold. And no ADM!

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I absolutely LOVE it! Ford got it absolutely perfectly right (at least for my personal tastes). They got the look right with the trim, added just a bit of hp to set it apart, a stick just like the original movie car, and even packaged the few options the right way (electronics package for me, pass on the Recaro seats and magnetic shocks). I also love that there may be no production limits (IF that's true...).

My first car was a 1965 Ivy Green (almost Highland Green) Mustang convertible (back in 1974, when it was just a rusty old $240 car). I lusted after the Bullitt car in the movie. In high school (early-mid 70's), one of the rich kid's dad's paid for a Bullitt replica to be made for his son. Gawd how I hated him, but lusted after his car (and his girlfriend, who was, of course, the captain of the cheerleader squad). It's taken 45 years, but maybe now I'll finally have a Bullitt of my own (as long as Ford - and dealers - don't totally give in to greed with the price).

Does anyone have any idea when pricing will be announced?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
[ame]

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
I guess the BJ Auction one will be the only 2018.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Also interesting, asked if the Shaker stereo will be an option (they said they wanted to minimize options) and they said they’ll have more to say about the audio at a later date. Not sure what they have up their sleeve but I’m sure it’ll be great!

Sponsored

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Something i saw posted over on the Camaro6 site guys about the mach 1...

Mach 1

Ford is also bringing back the Mach 1, but it is not clear if it will be a Mustang. All they did was flash the Mach 1 logo. What Ford did say is
  • It will be a battery electric vehicle
  • Last year Ford said that they would introduce a hybrid powered Mustang "with the power of a V8" which I took to mean it would not be a V8, but that the electric motor of the hybrid system would boost the hp up to V8 levels. At first when I heard "Mach 1", I thought this might be that hybrid Mustang.
  • Apparently someone spoke with Raj Nair after the intro and was told that the Mach 1 would be on a unique chassis, not the current Mustang chassis
  • Another person told me he overheard someone say it would be an all-electric crossover utility. That is bound to piss off the Mustang faithful, if it is true.
Also a link from jalopnik https://jalopnik.com/a-ford-mach-1-battery-electric-performance-car-is-comin-1822073131

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Also interesting, asked if the Shaker stereo will be an option (they said they wanted to minimize options) and they said they’ll have more to say about the audio at a later date. Not sure what they have up their sleeve but I’m sure it’ll be great!
Check out the center speaker on the dash...move to B&O Play

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Well damn. I guess I’ll be cancelling my 2018 order that Ford has yet to get in COTUS and watching patiently for the 2019 order banks to open. Want 2019 Bullitt Mustang I do.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I just went back and looked and you’re right, that speaker is interesting...

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring