Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
It’s literally just a Mustang GT with a new color and performance package. Apart from sentimental nostalgic feelings, I’m not sure what’s so special about the car. I guess we gotta make the best of what we got these days when Ford seems to have lost their marbles.
Really?
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I would think the Bullitt would be a step between the GT and the PP2...

Reactions: 113

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Yeah, no. PP2 is designed for track day guys and Posers who never come within 100 miles of a road course but want to pretend (95% of PP2 and GT350 buyers)...The Bullitt is designed for the 'street' with a bunch of nostalgia thrown in for those that 'get it'.

For a limited run of cars in 2001--under 6000-- it caused quite a stir in terms of IMBOC-- one of the strongest forums on the net at the time. Ford took notice and that car gave birth to a slew of special editions thereafter touching on Ford Heritage. True Mustang enthusiasts took notice...those Ford throws them an occasional bone to the halo image created by the movie Bullitt. for those who 'get it' it is a great car. If you are a poser who demands nor HP, wider tires etc (lets face it 95% of those demanding such things never go to a real road course) then this car is not for you. If Black or Green is not your color then this car is not for you. If a manual is not for you (many have very valid reasons for needing an auto) then sadly this car is not for you.

If seeing that original 68, hidden from the public for decades gave you a huge thrill then this car is for you.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I see it as parallel to the PP2. You get Bullitt for added power, and PP2 for added handling.

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Where are the photoshops with aftermarket parts?

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Nice!

I like it but I can’t wait any longer. Ready to pull the trigger and can’t wait until late summer early fall.

Nice job commemorating a classic movie, actor and car. :ford:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Yeah, no. PP2 is designed for track day guys and Posers who never come within 100 miles of a road course but want to pretend (95% of PP2 buyers)...The Bullitt is designed for the 'street' with a bunch of nostalgia thrown in for those that 'get it'.

They are the same car, same engine, same transmission.

The PP2 will most likely have the same tune, or a Ford Performance tune. It also has a more capable suspension and the only actual tangible difference (I believe) is the motorized leather Recaros.

The PP2 should cost more than the Bullitt..

I have to say, that DHG is one of the best colors on the S550. I would pay a premium to get a PP2 in Dark Hunter Green. Or see about upgrading the Bullitt with PP2/GT350/500 stuff.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Wonder if she gets the first one..lol
First one is going up for auction at Barrett Jackson next weekend, with proceeds to Boys Republic.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Are people really gonna make the mistake of ordering this thing in black? DHG is gorgeous on the S550 and this is the best that front end has looked to me. There's no way I'm trading in for it but it made me ok with ordering the new FP blank decklid panel with the lines on it.

bobsurvives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Someone let me know when they get a part number for those factory red brembos rather grab some new ones than take mine apart for powder coating

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Are people really gonna make the mistake of ordering this thing in black?
All the wannabe-Batman will. Seems bizarre to me that Ford would even offer it in black at all.
Sponsored