Sponsored

2019 Bullitt Mustang Officially Revealed at NAIAS!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Auto and Production

???
The original Bullitt is known and made its first public showing today.....it is a manual. Oh wait, the vin has been known for years with Marti reports available...oh wait... we have film of the original in THE MOVIE...it is and always had a manual tranny.
No, I’m saying it was probably McQueen’s decision on the car and it’s Options. Of course it was a Manual. But, Auto was still an Option in ‘68

Bullitt mentioned on Page 6 of this Post:

Talked with the marketing person, here’s some tidbits:
GT350 intake manifold and intake
Throttle body 87 mm
PP1 based
MR optional
Digital gauges standard
Recaros optional
475 hp at least

Non-limited production
Numbered chassis

Green or black
Unique Active exhaust standard
Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Limited production meaning for a certain number of model years not annual production numbers. So how many years will it be produced in unlimited numbers? One, two, three???
Ford hasn't said. After the 08-09 issues i doubt they will.

Folks do need to read the press releases by Ford. Sitting big at tbe top of this thread. I think it is the third sentence, first bullet point: Limited Edition.

I assume we will get lots more clarification in the months ahead. Lets give Bullitt a chance to recover from the event and we will see what he was told and how it matches up to Ford's press info.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
No, I’m saying it was probably McQueen’s decision on the car and it’s Options. Of course it was a Manual. But, Auto was still an Option in ‘68

Non-limited production
Numbered chassis

Green or black
Were good. :cheers:

Reactions: JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Anyone else think they'll push it to 480 when the full numbers come out? That's damn impressive. It'll be making ~430 at the wheels, which is almost what 15-17s make at the crank.

I'm starting to really want one.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I like everything but the chrome around the windows and grille. Bullitt power pack is in my future.
[MENTION=16274]mvfjet[/MENTION] I'll gladly trade you my standard GT grille and window trim, I want the chrome so bad!

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I also REALLY want that lower grille... that's how ford should have made it for all the 2018s, or at least the premium cars...

Side note, Molly Mcqueen is :love::love:

Come on, I can't be the only one thinking it!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Engine

Anyone else think they'll push it to 480 when the full numbers come out? That's damn impressive. It'll be making ~430 at the wheels, which is almost what 15-17s make at the crank.

I'm starting to really want one.
Still want Engine Photos!

Gotta think they’ll come up with a Coverless Engine with Lowered Oil Fill Tube and Serial Numbered 350 Track Pack Shock Tower Brace. Maybe even Specially Molded Coil Covers to fit the New Engine?

Last edited:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Talked with the marketing person, here’s some tidbits:
GT350 intake manifold and intake
Throttle body 87 mm
PP1 based
MR optional
Digital gauges standard
Recaros optional
475 hp at least
Non-limited production
Numbered chassis
Green or black
Ford hasn't said. After the 08-09 issues i doubt they will.

Folks do need to read the press releases by Ford. Sitting big at tbe top of this thread. I think it is the third sentence, first bullet point: Limited Edition.

I assume we will get lots more clarification in the months ahead. Lets give Bullitt a chance to recover from the event and we will see what he was told and how it matches up to Ford's press info.
Yes a limited edition but not limited to numbers produced in any given production year. If you want one, you will be able to get one. They will produce as many as they can sell in the model year produced. But how many years will it be produced?

Reactions: 113

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
There's a lot to love about this car, but honestly what kills it for me are senselessly shallow things. The limited paint choices and the wheels. I know both are part of its iconic look, but I've always disliked both... Which I know makes it weird that I would be interested in the car at all, but I am, heh. If I could get it in that spinel green, I'd probably be sold.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, lets debunk some stuff right now:

No, PP2 doesn't come with any engine upgrades

No, there is no projected "price hike" for 2019 (Where the hell did you get that from?!)

No, a base PP2 doesn't cost $50k.

My guess is that Bullitt will start in the $47k range, and will max out at $52k. And I highly doubt dealer markups will be an issue... this car won't have anywhere near the hype that the GT350 and Focus RS had

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Mirrors and Such

Originally Posted by Mustang1260 View Post
Sorry but I gotta respectfully disagree...numbers just don't work out. Everyone is gonna have the tech pack (dealers will check that box)... and the numbers for a standard 2018 PP1 car speak loudly:

...ignoring Recaros (don't want them in a 'street' car) and Magneride (want it but a cost driver for some)... The basic Bullitt with the Bullitt Electronic package will probably run about $52-53k...maybe up to $54,995 if Ford gets greedy.

A 2018 (before 2019 price increases) built on a Prem, 401A, Perf Pack, Active Exhaust, Smart & Safe (features like BLIS are in the Bullitt Elec Pack) runs $48,580 MSRP.

Now add in for: Engine mods, exhaust mods-tips and tuning, and Bullitt Unique touches and your looking at $2500-5,000 for the Bullitt package.

Bingo--well north of $50k real quick.

The fact it includes BLIS makes me NOT want to check that box until I find out if I can turn all that sensor BS off.
BLIS is for when the Charger Sneaks-Up in your Blind Spot!

In the Chase, Molly is Driving a Car with BLIS. On Stage, the Car has the Non-BLIS Convex Mirrors.

The Real Questions are:

1 - Which Car would Molly own?
2 - Which Car would Steve own Today?
3 - What Can a San Francisco Detective afford Today?
B89FF03C-B61A-42F7-B899-34BFE9F69078.jpeg
370773A3-1183-440D-9287-443939A422FE.jpeg

Last edited:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
2 - Which Car would Steve own Today?
An automatic of course.

DAMNED FORD I waited 17 years to be able to buy this car and now there still is no automatic :frusty::frusty::frusty:

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Can't wait to see what ADM's Ford slaps on these...
Sponsored