2019 Bullitt Mustang Break-In and Oil Change

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I had a 2008 Bullitt, and the FL-820S was THE stock/Motorcraft filter for it. The 'S' stands for 'Silicone' anti-drainback valve. I was surprised--and delighted--to find Walmart had them for less than $4/ea; bought a half-dozen at a time. I traded it in for my '19; it had 135K miles on it and ran like the day I bought it (no 'tick'). I did all my own oil changes--at 3-6K miles--with MC semi-syn 5W-20 and the stock filters.

The one linked-to at CJPony looks to be a high-perf--and exceedingly expensive--version of it; I can't imagine why you'd need one except in the most demanding circumstances.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I had a 2008 Bullitt, and the FL-820S was THE stock/Motorcraft filter for it. The 'S' stands for 'Silicone' anti-drainback valve. I was surprised--and delighted--to find Walmart had them for less than $4/ea; bought a half-dozen at a time. I traded it in for my '19; it had 135K miles on it and ran like the day I bought it (no 'tick'). I did all my own oil changes--at 3-6K miles--with MC semi-syn 5W-20 and the stock filters.

The one linked-to at CJPony looks to be a high-perf--and exceedingly expensive--version of it; I can't imagine why you'd need one except in the most demanding circumstances.
Going by the specs I saw on BITOG they are both Silicone. Not sure if anyone have but them both open to actually confirm if the info on them is correct though. Hard to find people willing to pay the extra for the FR filter.

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
Thanks for the feedback on the filter; this car will not be tracked so I think to be on the safe side I will stick with the factory-spec FL500S for now.
Sponsored