Sponsored

2018 Whipple On The Dyno!

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
Bad AZZ. The only thing I wonder is that to much blower for the 5.0?

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
error800on93notfound......

this is a better blower than the gen3 2.9 and on a better engine than the gen2 coyote.

Ok just had to get that out of the way LOL

775whp on the new 2018 is badass i wont deny that the A10s with a whipple will be a killer setup no doubt!!

OP
OP
Teezlr

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
Bad AZZ. The only thing I wonder is that to much blower for the 5.0?
I think you are safe, lots of people running them for a couple of years now at that power level.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
error800on93notfound......

this is a better blower than the gen3 2.9 and on a better engine than the gen2 coyote.

Ok just had to get that out of the way LOL

775whp on the new 2018 is badass i wont deny that the A10s with a whipple will be a killer setup no doubt!!
Do they mention having headers on the car at all? If not that + a few accessory pulleys to help may free up JUST enough to hit 800.

Heck don't even have cams, lol.

Sponsored

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you are safe, lots of people running them for a couple of years now at that power level.
I probably need to get out of the mode of comparing my Lightning to this Mustang's. But what I meant is when the 3.4 Whipple came out for the Lightning's I got one (the latest and greatest) I could make huge dyno numbers all day long but when it came to track times the 2.6 and 2.8 KB were for the most part faster and I just chalked it up to maybe that was to much blower for that motor. Me personally I'll take lower dyno numbers and faster times instead of huge dyno numbers.

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
I really hope the stage 3 does hit 750+rwhp on 93 octane like they claim. I'm holding out on buying a kit until I see the Whipple Gen5 numbers because so far Procharger and Hellion have made about 650-660rwhp on 93 octane so far.

I probably need to get out of the mode of comparing my Lightning to this Mustang's. But what I meant is when the 3.4 Whipple came out for the Lightning's I got one (the latest and greatest) I could make huge dyno numbers all day long but when it came to track times the 2.6 and 2.8 KB were for the most part faster and I just chalked it up to maybe that was to much blower for that motor. Me personally I'll take lower dyno numbers and faster times instead of huge dyno numbers.
I do half mile/top speed competitions so I'm looking for the most rwhp (whether blower or turbos) for the most mph possible.

Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Gear changes were so fast the camera froze lol

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
That was race car numbers 10 years ago!:headbang:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Dynos are just a tuning tool. I’ll take higher dyno numbers over lower. Then I’ll tune the suspension to handle the power.

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dynos are just a tuning tool. I’ll take higher dyno numbers over lower. Then I’ll tune the suspension to handle the power.
Very true but in my case there was numerous Whipple 3.4 making big numbers running slower times and numerous KB 2.6/2.8 making lower dyno numbers and running quicker times.

OP
OP
Teezlr

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia
Very true but in my case there was numerous Whipple 3.4 making big numbers running slower times and numerous KB 2.6/2.8 making lower dyno numbers and running quicker times.
I know what you are getting at, I'm always impressed with the 2.3L Roush/Ford Performance supercharger...
Sponsored