Sponsored

2018 Slow delivery advice.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
New to the board in regards to actually posting. Have been lurking here for 4-5 months without and account. Have never owned a Mustang so didn't feel like I had anything to contribute. February 16, 2018 I finally pulled the trigger and factory ordered a 2018 Mustang Premium Gt. Performance pack, magneride, digital dash, recaro seats, red leather, black exterior, 6 speed, shaker system with gps etc. exactly what I wanted. skipped the active exhaust and extra safety junk. Ordered it from the ford dealer in Penticton BC. dont know if we can name, names here so i wont bother, you can figure it out if you feel inclined. So like I said. Ordered the car Feb 16/2018. Called the dealer a couple times before and either got the "we will let you know when we know" or they just wouldnt return my calls, not like i called every week but anyways.... Called today (april 6/2018) and FINALLY got some info from someone. She stated the car is slated for assembly finally. Expected deliver is mid June!! That puts the car at 16-18 weeks from order to delivery... I was quoted 8-12! Is this normal? Is this acceptable? This is my first time ordering a car from new like this. I'm not happy that it will take so long but i dont want to start being a dick to them if this is normalish. If it's normal ill shut up and wait longer. If it's not, what should I do? Suggestions? Advice? I really appreciate any input.

Thanks!
I've ordered 3 Ford's over the last 5 years or so. All of them took at least 12 weeks. I ordered my Mustang on January 26 and my EDD is 4/13. One thing that could cause your order to take longer is your dealer didn't have any allocations. The wait sucks, but its pretty exciting the day you finally get to pick up your car. One thing that's great about ordering is you know your car has never been test driven by others and should only have a few miles on it.

68&18_Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 & 2018 GT's
Fellow Magneride Waiters,

I'm confused why they would cancel the order/orders because of a constraint on the magneride components if there still building them into the PP2 and Shelby orders. They are going to offer them on the 2019's, so it seems like they should have access to get then allocated since the build process isn't like 6 months between when the 2018 production finishes and the 2019 starts (it's maybe a month at the most, more likely days or weeks).

Many many years ago I worked making bumpers while going to school. And if there was a demand for a certain bumper (Old's Cutlass was in demand when I worked there) we worked overtime to address the demand. Maybe we can blame this on Trump (there coming from China).....????

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Fellow Magneride Waiters,

I'm confused why they would cancel the order/orders because of a constraint on the magneride components if there still building them into the PP2 and Shelby orders. They are going to offer them on the 2019's, so it seems like they should have access to get then allocated since the build process isn't like 6 months between when the 2018 production finishes and the 2019 starts (it's maybe a month at the most, more likely days or weeks).

Many many years ago I worked making bumpers while going to school. And if there was a demand for a certain bumper (Old's Cutlass was in demand when I worked there) we worked overtime to address the demand. Maybe we can blame this on Trump (there coming from China).....????
It’s unknown, but to my understanding Ford contracted/allocated/bought/whatever X amount of Magneride to cover the remainder of 2018 MY year orders and apparently underestimated the amount of orders that were going to come in, as such they had to allocate remaining supply towards PP2, GT350 and seemingly highest priority level PP1 orders. Is that info accurate? Again, I don’t know, take it with a grain of salt, but I trust my source.
In regards to MY 2019, the order banks officially opening up starts in a matter of days, however, production will not start until early June.

Lussier4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18MY on order
Can’t explain what is taking so long to put the car on a dam train.

This order had a blend date of March 06 and was out of production by March 12. It had a EDD of March 31 so all looked pretty good :clap2:

As of today the car is still in Awaiting Shipping status and the EDD was removed on April 1. Dealer does not have any good answer for the hold. It’s now almost 4 weeks awaiting for the train :shrug:
09B967CE-0DA6-447B-B101-E016BB5A1C75.jpeg

GagneGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat, 2018 Road Glide Special, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
PP2, 401A, in Oxford white. Seeing that I. Can’t get a 18 I pre-ordered a 19 with O & A sound package,PP2 and 401A package in Oxford white, At least I know what 19 pricing is, I won’t have a car for the summer but I like some of the features on the 19 that are now standard in the 401a

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Ordered my car on 1-12-18, white, blck acct, 10 spd, carbon sprt, active exhaust, spare, 3:55's, poss, will be at dealer this next week sometime, 12 weeks + or -

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
PP2, 401A, in Oxford white. Seeing that I. Can’t get a 18 I pre-ordered a 19 with O & A sound package,PP2 and 401A package in Oxford white, At least I know what 19 pricing is, I won’t have a car for the summer but I like some of the features on the 19 that are now standard in the 401a
Just an FYI, here is an '18 OW PP2 401a w/ Recaros, shaker, and active valve exhaust scheduled to be delivered 4/22 in Springfield, MO.

http://www.corwinfordofspringfield....-Mustang-582215a40a0e0adf4375666818ce9efd.htm

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can’t explain what is taking so long to put the car on a dam train.

This order had a blend date of March 06 and was out of production by March 12. It had a EDD of March 31 so all looked pretty good :clap2:

As of today the car is still in Awaiting Shipping status and the EDD was removed on April 1. Dealer does not have any good answer for the hold. It’s now almost 4 weeks awaiting for the train :shrug:
Mine is in the same situation, man. BTW, nice color!
Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 8.39.14 AM.png

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Late last year mine sat for several weeks awaiting a train car. Finally got here. If being transported by CSX, you can call and find out exactly where the train car is located. Fun to do! Directions are on here somewhere.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=33803]Lussier4[/MENTION] Mine just shipped today, go check yours!
Sponsored