• Poll closed .

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Just got an R allocation for my wife... She's trying to decide on the color combo. What do you all say??

1. Lead Foot Grey with black/red stripes
2. Kona Blue with black/red stripes
3. White with black/red stripes

I tried to tell her either Triple Yellow or Race Red... no go. She also doesn't like the Ruby Red, Orange, or other colors for that matter.
Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Totally personal choice - best to take her to look at cars in person... even if not the right model.

I really, really wanted to like Orange Fury, but when time came to pull the trigger, I couldn't do it - something about the shade just doesn't work for me on the GT350.

Kona looks beautiful in sunlight, but seems to have some purple or something in it - at least to my untrained eye.

Can't go wrong with basic white - but I'd prefer Wimbledon (something with a bit of off-white to the shading).

Leadfoot is a cool color - I posted a pic of one with black stripes in the "leads" thread - but I prefer the old Avalanche color when it comes to a non-metalic greys.

I'm a big fan of the Race Red and the Ruby Red - both look awesome on the S550 body lines.

Tomster's yellow with black roof and stripes is just an awesome combo - check out his pics at Daytona with the wall and paint in the background!!!

For me, it came down to Race Red and Magnetic - in the end I went with Magnetic and the matte black stripes with red accents because I think that combo is both subtle and fresh at the same time. The red on the exterior - stripe accents, calipers, emblems - works great with the red interior accents. Plus, I sorta like the near bass boat grade of the metal flake in the Magnetic paint!!!

Good luck on the choice and with her car.

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
All I can tell you is to go and see the cars in person, seriously.
I was dead set on Magnetic and when I saw it in person it was a no go for me.
Looked completely different than the pics I had seen.
Go to the dealer and look through there GT's and 350's and decide that way.

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
She's seen most all the colors in person many times, C&C's, track, and such. Lead Foot and Orange Fury are the only colors we haven't seen in person yet. :cheers:

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Defiantly go see the lead foot in person, that color changed so much from the showroom to outside. Hell, at the end of the day she gets a GT350 so you can't loose.

I see you have a Focus RS - how do you like that car?
I think its pretty sweet but have never seen one on the track or street.

Sponsored

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Defiantly go see the lead foot in person, that color changed so much from the showroom to outside. Hell, at the end of the day she gets a GT350 so you can't loose.

I see you have a Focus RS - how do you like that car?
I think its pretty sweet but have never seen one on the track or street.
The RS is surprisingly very capable on track. Funny thing... my GT350 wouldn't make it 5 laps each session while the RS was go go go the whole way through.

The downfall of my GT350 (tech) on track lead to me getting an R way quicker than I thought (from out of state). Hence a few months later my local dealer called me (this Friday) with another opportunity!

Wife is debating between Lead Foot and Kona because the RS is Stealth Grey and my R is DIB. She thought it would be "cute" if one of them matched. Which, is the reason I'm all for a white one!! haha
GBMA2616.jpg

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
i love my leadfoot 350 but it looks very different than in pictures and changes wildly based on lighting. i took a flyer on it when i ordered it and luckily it paid off. i also like that it is exclusive to the 350 in the mustang lineup for 18. in the end you cant go wrong, the 350 looks great in every combo i have seen so far

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Get a 1 yr only color. I like the dark, almost purple hue of Kona, IMHO.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
So you convinced her to do it?!

I'd go with Kona. I've seen Lead Foot in person and it's nice, but I like Avalanche better. Plus, Kona is only a single year and it'll look pretty cool next to your DIB R.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Have her see all the colors in person, but I'd go Lead Foot Grey with black/red stripes if I were to buy another. What I've learned from being married is she needs to make that choice so she's happy and can't say you made her pick it...lol

Sponsored

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Here JR 101 in Kona blue before any paint correction or PPF that will be done shortly.

The color is awesome and almost chameleon like looks awesome in the sun and has every color between black and purple depending on lighting.
R Pic 1.jpg
R Pic 2.jpg
R pic 3.jpg

Last edited:

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I love the Oxford White - I went back and forth so many times on the colors.
Luckily the dealer had almost every color in either the GT or Ecoboost so that helped.
I have a white one on the way (non R) so I vote white!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
White+Black Roof+Black Stripes

=)

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Wow Congrats! I'd still keep pushing for TY! I saw a lead foot raptor and it was pretty awesome so of the options I'd go that route!
Sponsored