2018+ Procharged Stage II’s come in!

PilotGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey guys, finishing up my Procharger Stage II install on my 2019 GT and I think I may have gotten the incorrect crank pulley. How close is yours to the sway bar? After installing my Procharger Stage II kit, I noticed when the blower belt was routed, the smooth idler pulley right next to the crank pulley was too far toward the rear of the car. When I started it up, the belt was about 1/8" over the edge of the pulley. I reviewed the instructions, and I installed everything correctly. So I put some washers between the stock idler and the Procharger idler and pushed the pulley out in line with the crank pulley. I did a slow datalog for Lund and shredded the belt as I pulled back into my driveway. I bought a new belt, and in order to get it on I had to disconnect the end links on the sway bar and rotate it, and it was still VERY tight between the crank pulley and sway bar. That belt shredded at idle after about 15 seconds. I talked to Procharger tech between the belts shredding and I have the idler pulley installed correctly and the spacer they sent is the correct size. Now I'm thinking maybe I got the incorrect crank pulley? From what I recall about the install, there isn't a way to install it backwards. How close is your crank pulley to the sway bar? Can you get a new belt in between there pretty easily? I'm going to call Procharger again tomorrow and run my theory by them, but I was hoping some of y'all had pictures of how close your crank pulley is to your sway bar.

image.jpg

Kind of a weird picture, but this is with the idler installed correctly without any washers. I put a carpenters square flush with the face of the idler pulley. You can see how much further out it sticks than the crank pulley.

7B97EA19-D5EC-4569-876E-A8FE07F7AF64.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Your crank pulley looks like it’s too close to the sway bar. I would recommend taking it back off on double checking the mounting. Also make sure the cam lock bolts are not loose.

49DBE335-C8EA-4948-96ED-536E8645C2C9.jpeg
3EFE0086-B7E6-4267-87D1-22836EA34A34.jpeg

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Also the bag that the crank pulley was in should have been marked 18&up. You might double check that and just make sure there is nothing between the stock pulley and the pc pulley. When you took the stock balancer bolt out did the washer come with it ?

OP
OP
PilotGuy

PilotGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Also the bag that the crank pulley was in should have been marked 18&up. You might double check that and just make sure there is nothing between the stock pulley and the pc pulley. When you took the stock balancer bolt out did the washer come with it ?
Yeah, you have a lot more space between the sway bar and the crank pulley. I pulled mine off last night and sent the part number to Procharger to confirm that it’s the correct one. I don’t remember if the washer came off with the stock bolt, I’ll check that, that could be it. Thank you!

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Removed front sway bar a while back. Sounds like TGGT has got you though. Team procharger ftw lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
PilotGuy

PilotGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Removed front sway bar a while back. Sounds like TGGT has got you though. Team procharger ftw lol
Haha I took it off during the install and then looked up threads about removing the front sway bar to try and justify not putting it back on for about 30 minutes . Do you notice a difference without it?

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Haha I took it off during the install and then looked up threads about removing the front sway bar to try and justify not putting it back on for about 30 minutes . Do you notice a difference without it?
I don't. Transparently, however, I don't do a ton of street miles on the car, but when I do I have zero confidence concerns in the car maneuvering

OP
OP
PilotGuy

PilotGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don't. Transparently, however, I don't do a ton of street miles on the car, but when I do I have zero confidence concerns in the car maneuvering
Good to know, I may just take it off if I have to do anymore of these belt swaps...although if my crank pulley is seated all the way, I’m sure belt changes won’t be as big a pain as this last one.

OP
OP
PilotGuy

PilotGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It was the washer! It was stuck on there...I removed it and reinstalled the crank pulley and everything lines up now. Thank you!

Sponsored

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
That was a good
awesome! Glad I could help . Hope everything works out great for you keep us posted
That was a good catch on the washer. I would recommend using a paint pen to mark you crank bolt once reinstalled and torqued down to make sure it doesn’t back off any. Pretty sure the bolt Procharger sends is torque to yield one time use and I also talked to some people that locktite that bolt in as well.
I am like most that posted already and don’t run a front sway bar but I am also on skinnies up front and drag tires on back 100% of the time. I don’t push hard into turns but it really doesn’t feel any looser than when it was installed.

OP
OP
PilotGuy

PilotGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That was a good

That was a good catch on the washer. I would recommend using a paint pen to mark you crank bolt once reinstalled and torqued down to make sure it doesn’t back off any. Pretty sure the bolt Procharger sends is torque to yield one time use and I also talked to some people that locktite that bolt in as well.
I am like most that posted already and don’t run a front sway bar but I am also on skinnies up front and drag tires on back 100% of the time. I don’t push hard into turns but it really doesn’t feel any looser than when it was installed.
Oh, didn’t know that! I’ll definitely mark it. If I end up pulling the front sway bar again for anything I may just leave it off if you guys aren’t having any issues.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I had the identical issue with the washer! Also, make sure you use blue locktite on the cam bolts for the ProCharger crank pulley. Procharger told me it's a must!

Jbcain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
6.7psd, 3.0eco
How long is a stage 2 install taking roughly? Good instructions? Any irreversible modifications?
Sponsored