Sponsored

2018 Order...

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Welp...my dealer notified me today after 32 days of waiting for a VIN that my 2018 EB Premium EB in Lightening Blue was canceled, due to the 2018 Mustangs being "Balanced Out." Damn! There went my opportunity for my LB 'Stang! So...now the question is: do I reorder a 19 Premium EB...and if so, in what color? LB and Crimson Red were my first and second choices...and they are both gone for MY 2019! Or do I give in to the "Dark Side" and order a base 19 GT with PP, 10 Speed Automatic and 301A? Decisions...decisions!
After seeing some pics of Velocity Blue, it looks very close to LB.

I was at the same spot you are, LB and RC were my first two options. I would like to see the Velocity Blue before pulling the trigger. Originally I wanted to wait until end of 2018 to buy the car. But RC and LB made me move faster than my original plan.

Have you thought about RubyRed?

About the EB Premium or Base GT it all depends what you want. Engine or technology? If you don’t care about technology, GT base sounds great deal. But if you’re like me, love technology and won’t track the car the EB Premium makes more sense. Maybe spend $900 extra in the active exhaust for the EB Premium?
Sponsored

AGM2018

320guy,

You sound very much like me; I weighted the idea of engine vs technology very carefully before placing my order for the 18 EB Premium in LB. I have had three V-8 Mustangs in the past (87 GT, 98 GT and 03 GT) and I currently have a great daily driver (16 Maxima SR). I love technology and I won't track, road race, street race or participate in any type of high-performance driving event with my 'Stang. The 'Stang will be used as a weekend cruiser/occasional daily driver. So while having the awesome 5.0 Coyote is a great option, for my driving needs (70 city/urban and 30 country/back roads and non-urban areas) the 5.0 really isn't necessary, as I can't use all of its benefits on a daily basis with any regularity.

So in reference to these facts, you are correct, the EB makes much better sense, both as a weekend/occasional driver option, cost of initial purchase and probably insurance costs as well. Gas to me is a "wash" between the EB and GT. I will probably go with Ingot Silver, with the optional 19" Luster Performance wheels, as it was my second color choice behind LB. Ruby Red is an impressive color but, it isn't for me. I will have to hear the Active Exhaust before I order it...it is going to be difficult to make an inline four cylinder motor sound great, but we will see if Ford has achieved it with the 2019 Active Exhaust option on the EB. I hope I may get as good a deal on a 2019 as I had on the 2018; I had a $7200 discount off of the MSRP. Time will tell, right?