Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Dropped off my 2018 Mustang GT (Base Trim, PP1, Automatic). Had a terrible rattle develop in front corner past three weeks. Found a rattle in the steering linkage, but alas, Ford technician says the strut mounts have gone bad. He said there are newly designed parts coming out. They are on back order (of F#@$% course!).

If true, and I don't have any reason not to believe him, then I think there'd be lots of guys with this issue. And yes, I did search safercar.gov and this forum with no obvious trend of such a problem. Have no idea when I'll have to wait. At least it's under warranty, but somehow that doesn't ease my frustration; I guess keeps me from total rage if I had to pay for it.

Anyone with similar issues...you will not miss that noise!???
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Interesting...

How many miles did you have on yours?

Did it make the noise only at certain times or was it very pronounced and there all the time?

Can you have the Tech take pics of the originals vs the “newly designed” when doing the repair?

I’m curious as to what exactly has been revamped.

OP
OP
Dinosoar

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting...

How many miles did you have on yours?

Did it make the noise only at certain times or was it very pronounced and there all the time?

Can you have the Tech take pics of the originals vs the “newly designed” when doing the repair?

I’m curious as to what exactly has been revamped.
Strut went at 4400 miles. Had no road impact to think of...and would remember such a bang like most of us would. Strut and strut mount (same assembly, of course) is out of stock and Ford Corporate is not sure when they'll be in stock...WTF? I cannot be the only mope with this issue. At least, though, I would hope I am and that this is rare, one-off, aberration!

Still not fixed, and tech won't take pix. I don't now about this mysterious new part, and I'll still have the "old" part on the passenger side since warranty will only cover the broken part on driver's side. I am not 100% convinced it is the strut. I have a video of me shaking the steering linkage from the firewall to the rack...it is a metallic rattling too. Technician says that's normal. I'll trust him right until it is time not to.
Sponsored