Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Guys a quick question.
In Jan 2017 Ford announced for SmartLink. Does anyone know what is its status?

And I feel Sync Connect does the same thing, with the Modem Installed.

So, can we externally request for a Sync Connect if we haven't ordered a 201A or 401A Package?
I badly want the remote start feature. Cuz I will get my car in a couple of weeks and then I don't want to be frozen inside my car every morning. Especially in this Michigan snow.
I think Sync Connect is just the internal version of SmartLink, and I'm pretty sure you can't just order Sync Connect since it has to be integrated with your car. But I can' say for certain, I'd suggest you call Ford and ask them.
Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I think Sync Connect is just the internal version of SmartLink, and I'm pretty sure you can't just order Sync Connect since it has to be integrated with your car. But I can' say for certain, I'd suggest you call Ford and ask them.
I thought every car (that is auto) came with remote start? And Sync Connect just means you can use the Ford Pass app to remote start your car. And see the info on it. I'm so confused lol.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Fastback
Remote start explicitly is mentioned in 201A and 401A package.
So I am pretty sure it's not with all auto.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh okay. Guess I didn't pay attention to that. lol. Luckily I ordered the 401a package :).

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought every car (that is auto) came with remote start? And Sync Connect just means you can use the Ford Pass app to remote start your car. And see the info on it. I'm so confused lol.
There's much more to Sync Connect, it's basically a data connection in your car, which uses AT&T network, which also means you can have wifi in your car. And I think we get it free for the first few months then it's a few bucks a month to subscribe, can't remember the details.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On another note, think we should be seeing some movement tomorrow on the cars that finished building just before Christmas. Mine says 4 days till delivery on COTUS now, excited!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Fastback
On another note, think we should be seeing some movement tomorrow on the cars that finished building just before Christmas. Mine says 4 days till delivery on COTUS now, excited!
In fact, you have the best gift to end the year and start off with a blast...
Cheers !!

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In fact, you have the best gift to end the year and start off with a blast...
Cheers !!
Not with this snow...... it just snowed really hard yesterday, and it might snow again on Thursday (snow storm in fact), and again on Saturday.... :frusty::mad:

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Not with this snow...... it just snowed really hard yesterday, and it might snow again on Thursday (snow storm in fact), and again on Saturday.... :frusty::mad:
That's my fear - a bunch of snow right around delivery. I really don't want to have to swap out the summer tires before I can even get it home.

Dfred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6 Vert Candy Apple Red
I show mine will be here tomorrow...... but I think it just means this week....... but you will know if I get it tomorrow because you can here me all the way from Ky........
F8E19E71-2DD3-40F2-ABAE-024252244700.jpeg

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Called insurance (my insurance starts the day I receive it the 9th) now hopefully Ford won't deliver it early! If so I'll have to call Geico and have them up the start up date. And I called the dealership to figure out some stuff. Getting closer. My car hasn't moved to "In Shipment" yet. Hopefully, it will by the end of this week/ early Next week! Still doesn't feel real! Almost 5 month of waiting! And I'm getting excited!!!

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Guys a quick question.
In Jan 2017 Ford announced for SmartLink. Does anyone know what is its status?

And I feel Sync Connect does the same thing, with the Modem Installed.

So, can we externally request for a Sync Connect if we haven't ordered a 201A or 401A Package?
I badly want the remote start feature. Cuz I will get my car in a couple of weeks and then I don't want to be frozen inside my car every morning. Especially in this Michigan snow.
Not sure if it helps but my 400A package GT premium has remote start so it sounds like at least all premium package auto cars have remote start.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L

Key fob Remote start is included with ALL A10 Mustang trim except ecoboost 100A.

So 101A 200A 201A 300A 301A 400A 401A with the 10 speed auto get the remote start.
The information is in the order guide

Last edited:

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
The remote start that you get at most trim levels is remote start with the key fob. The 201A and 401A packages add Sync Connect which allows you to remote start from anywhere with a phone app.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The remote start that you get at most trim levels is remote start with the key fob. The 201A and 401A packages add Sync Connect which allows you to remote start from anywhere with a phone app.
Yep, what he said.
Sponsored