Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Finally heard back from my salesman, he was out of office for health reasons and just returned, and he gave me the scheduled date for my car, which is 12/21.
Sponsored

_Horizons_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecooboost Premium
Wish i was getting mine before christmas =P

I didn't order until halloween tho. It's telling me the end of january. :frusty:

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Wish i was getting mine before christmas =P

I didn't order until halloween tho. It's telling me the end of january. :frusty:
well, many of us who ordered in Aug or July are also expecting to take delivery in Jan~~

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
COTUS updates. My car is now in transit with an EDD of 12/17. Anyone know how accurate EDD is once in transit? Wondering if they overestimate. Either way, looks like I will have a car in 2 weeks.

Sponsored

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
COTUS updates. My car is now in transit with an EDD of 12/17. Anyone know how accurate EDD is once in transit? Wondering if they overestimate. Either way, looks like I will have a car in 2 weeks.
NOT ACCURATE. Mine first started with and EDD of 11/29, then it went to 12/9 (on 11/26), then it went to 12/7 (on 11/30), then it went to 12/8 (on 12/2). Per the dealer Friday, it was sitting at a ramp to be loaded for final transport to Wilmington. I'm stopping by the dealer again tomorrow (Monday) to get an update and to see what they can do about giving it some priority. The endless delays and recalculations at this point in the game are ridiculous!!!

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
NOT ACCURATE. Mine first started with and EDD of 11/29, then it went to 12/9 (on 11/26), then it went to 12/7 (on 11/30), then it went to 12/8 (on 12/2). Per the dealer Friday, it was sitting at a ramp to be loaded for final transport to Wilmington. I'm stopping by the dealer again tomorrow (Monday) to get an update and to see what they can do about giving it some priority. The endless delays and recalculations at this point in the game are ridiculous!!!
Damn. I hope that is a special case. Very frustrating when you are trying to line up insurance and financing.
Edit: looks like yours was among the first build cars. That could explain the EDD jumping around.

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Damn. I hope that is a special case. Very frustrating when you are trying to line up insurance and financing.
Edit: looks like yours was among the first build cars. That could explain the EDD jumping around.
Yes, it was turned in as a stock order versus retail. This is my 3rd order from that dealer and they do things their way!!! Car sat at the plant 3 weeks before being moved to in transit. Then sat at the rail yard another 2 weeks. I'm assuming it will sit at the distribution point 1 week. 12/8 or 12/9 might actually be the delivery date. Hope so. I'd like to enjoy a few top down days before we head back north for the holidays and settle in for a southern NC winter.

mdelongpre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something Fast
definitely not accurate, my EDD was 11/30 with 'awaiting shipment'

on that day, the EDD vanished and hasn't changed since.

it would be cool if like, you know, the car was shipped, but apparently it's really difficult to move the car onto a trailer/rail.

wtf

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
EDD changed to 12/14 this morning. Man, I need to figure out how to track it on the train.

Sponsored

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
EDD changed to 12/14 this morning. Man, I need to figure out how to track it on the train.
the dealer can tell you the last place it checked into on the train when it pulls up the history report for the car. if you get the print out, it will show each place it has stopped at.

fury88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GT Premium Convertible - Legend Lime
I’m back again with my original EDD. 1/10. Ironically my wife’s birthday. That’s ok. On my birthday a few years ago we went car shopping for her new car. Spent all day on the Honda lot for my birthday LMAO

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Mine still says 12/20 and it has not be placed on a train yet!

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
There was an earlier post that tells you how to check rail car status. Your dealer can give you the railcar #. I suspect, however, that you will be on a Norfolk Southen train as I was, and those can't be easily tracked.

My EDD changed again over the weekend to 12/8. Dealer told me that it is no longer on the train and that it could be delivered later today, or tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath.
Sponsored