Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt fastback (ordered 7/28/17)
The only thing my dealer told me is it is unscheduled, clean. And the Ford Rep said I should receive it sometime in December. Never again!
If I didn't want it so bad, I would get my deposit back and buy something else. I'm with you...NEVER AGAIN! The sales staff is asleep and their office is comatose:mad:
Sponsored

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
If I didn't want it so bad, I would get my deposit back and buy something else. I'm with you...NEVER AGAIN! The sales staff is asleep and their office is comatose:mad:

The same stonewalling of information is happening from Dealers from Arizona to the east coast. Either they're all incompetent or Ford is the problem and they [Dealers] are as frustrated as we are.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
The same stonewalling of information is happening from Dealers from Arizona to the east coast. Either they're all incompetent or Ford is the problem and they [Dealers] are as frustrated as we are.
My dealer has no Mustangs on order(on Ford's website). So I'm beginning to think I picked a bad dealer... UGH! I don't know what to do. If I should ask to get my deposit back(which was non-refundable) and buy something else or just wait it out. I'm really excited to receive my car (if I ever do). I personally think it's Ford's fault. They didn't plan accordingly. They should not have opened order banks so late in the year or stopped building 17s so late. That's why a lot of people are mad. Because some places have really bad winters.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
A new set of dealer ordered OF Mustangs popped up in my region today. The number went from four to ten. The new additions were generally ordered in August and completed order processing during this week 10/9-10/12. Blend dates are mostly next week.

I still haven't seen anything in transit but I'm hoping this new batch of processed orders means that things will start moving.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A new set of dealer ordered OF Mustangs popped up in my region today. The number went from four to ten. The new additions were generally ordered in August and completed order processing during this week 10/9-10/12. Blend dates are mostly next week.

I still haven't seen anything in transit but I'm hoping this new batch of processed orders means that things will start moving.
Hope so! I heard that retail orders will start on the 23rd which doesn't make sense because I heard they start building on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And that is a Monday... Correct me if I'm wrong?

Sponsored

fury88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GT Premium Convertible - Legend Lime
Just met with the dealer to make a modification to my order and he said they are definitely building now and assured me that any order changes now wouldn't affect my place in line. He gave me a date of Late November, Early December. I'm expecting the latter. The strange decision to get them out in the winter with summer only tires makes no sense to me though.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just met with the dealer to make a modification to my order and he said they are definitely building now and assured me that any order changes now wouldn't affect my place in line. He gave me a date of Late November, Early December. I'm expecting the latter. The strange decision to get them out in the winter with summer only tires makes no sense to me though.
So that must mean my edit didn't do anything to my order in line. :)

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Why Would You Do That?

The strange decision to get them out in the winter with summer only tires makes no sense to me though.
The tire choice makes absolutely no sense to anyone. Ford is only looking to start production overall. You could have ordered 4 recapped snows. All they are concerned with is producing the backlog of vehicles. You Gotta Love It!:lol:

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
The Mustang from this video which has obviously been delivered shows up in COTUS as "awaiting shipment". Built 10/11 and now at the dealer in Virginia, but what the heck does COTUS know.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2029617&postcount=6627

Correction. The OW EB Premium car they have ordered has the PP. The car in the video has the black trim package and the Carbon Black package. Different car. Then I notice it has a manufacturer plate so it's just another demo car brought in for training.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase
Strange things going on today with Ford. Cotus will not return any VINs I put in, and the X-Plan site doesn't have any details for any of their cars.

Just me?

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cotus not working for me either.
It didn't work for me last night. Maybe their getting ready to add the retail orders to it?

Hattrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2018 GT A10.
I ordered ours on day 1. My dealer Galpin Ford in Reseda, Ca. Large dealership. I checked incoming a few days ago, they have about 10 new Stangs coming. Doesn't look like mine is included. All were GT Premium. I ordered a Base . I don't mind the suspense, ill wait to November then give them a call. They did cash my $500 deposit check though.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
site is back up, no change in mine, ordered 7/27, still in order processing over 100 are coming to my aread, 12 just to my dealer.

seems like anyone who ordered first is pushed back, i dont get it and mines a stock order!
Sponsored