Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Mine was through my credit union & I got the $2500 here in Dallas last night. So, nope.
I appreciate the response and everyone else's. Congrats on the delivery as well.
Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Delivered!

Took the pic when I pulled into the lot before signing all the paperwork. 5 miles on it. :-D

I think the lady bug on the hood thought it was a flower.

Oh, also, I got the $2500 rebate, so it's available now in the Dallas area.

20180405-Delivery.jpg
Nice! I'm so envious of everyone who is actually getting their car delivered!

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
In transit and we are expecting more snow!:doh:
Glad to hear its on its way, Great color choice! Sorry about the snow, I cut the lawn today and spread some mulch its 71 degrees here in NC.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Glad to hear its on its way, Great color choice! Sorry about the snow, I cut the lawn today and spread some mulch its 71 degrees here in NC.
Really jealous! I even checked snowfall records and we got nothing the past 10 years or something. 8 inches on April 2nd and they say we are getting more.

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Mine has been at the dealer since Wednesday night and I’m super antsy to get it. I’ll just ride it out, but come on, man. The scratch on the bumper they are fixing is the reason for delay. Better them catching it right away than me having to push for it, I guess.

Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Mine has been at the dealer since Wednesday night and I’m super antsy to get it. I’ll just ride it out, but come on, man. The scratch on the bumper they are fixing is the reason for delay. Better them catching it right away than me having to push for it, I guess.
Man, I'd really be going nuts if I had actually seen my car two days ago and still didn't have it!

rockflyersman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Opinions on opting out of getting the dealership to wash your car when it arrives. I told my salesman to make sure it’s not washed because I’d rather it not be run through a car wash. Now seeing @LightingBlueGT story with the scratches, I might ask to wash it just so I can tell if it’s scratched or anything wrong with the paint

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Yeah, I don't want the front plate bracket either. But, I will let them detail it so any damage can be identified before I drive off. It's getting clayed and corrected as soon as I get it home.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I said no front plate bracket, but I'm also considering my "no cleaning" request... maybe I'll just follow mvfjet's idea of a spraydown just to check for scratches and such

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
The less they do the better

Opinions on opting out of getting the dealership to wash your car when it arrives. I told my salesman to make sure it’s not washed because I’d rather it not be run through a car wash. Now seeing @LightingBlueGT story with the scratches, I might ask to wash it just so I can tell if it’s scratched or anything wrong with the paint
Best advice I can offer. Don't let anyone wash your car but YOU. Let the Dealer check it over for delivery, Fluids, Dents, Functions and that's it. No Dealer Decals, Holes Drilled, or License Plates. These Prep guys get paid by the hour and most could care less. Look you spent a ton of money for this car, My advice clean it up yourself if you find anything take a picture and call your dealer right away PERIOD. You will be much happier in the long run.

Last edited:

Sponsored

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Its blasphemy to let your dealer run your car through a car wash. I told mine to put the front bracket on and nothing else.

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Update: I’m not thrilled. Sales guy told me there were “minor scratches” on the bumper. I followed up with him on Saturday and he said he hasn’t heard anything. Didn’t offer to follow up. Just had heard nothing and left it at that. I’m not even confident he’s looked at the car. He was not my initial salesman (who I’ve bought from before and is awesome) who worked with me for the multiple test drives I took. All this guy did was put the order in for me because my guy was busy. I don’t even want this guy to get the sale at this point.

Found it outside the body shop today. It clearly is not minor surface scratches. Someone backed it into something or it was hit by someone else. Already had my friend who does body work look at it. Given the gouging and how the surrounding bumper bends light reflection, he said he would request replacement.. On a $5,000 used car, maybe, but not on a $40,000 brand new one.

I’m hopeful that they’re going to offer to replace the whole piece-and I’m not super pumped about them attaching that correctly, either. I simply won’t accept a repair like that on a 40,000 brand new car.

I’m mostly annoyed by the complete lack of transparency here. I’m going to cut the crap and talk to the sales manager about it. It could be that they are already planning on replacement but nobody is communicating with each other. I won’t go guns blazing about it, but I don’t think I’m being unreasonable in expressing that my customer experience has not been good enough.

I’ll attach pics shortly.
D9B8C79A-22FB-4A50-B33D-1E0B8FC66326.jpeg
946636C8-B747-4FA2-846D-488EF387761C.jpeg
8E92CDA5-0164-45EE-8C55-EC26AAFF52AB.jpeg

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Holy eff! It looks like they backed into a fixed object like steel pole! I would want a whole new bumper. What if this impact happened after it was already at the dealer? I would think it'd be pretty hard for you to not notice this when you checked it out that night.
I was thinking the same thing. I was on my hands and knees looking under it and all over the thing looking at panel spacing on Wed night. It was dark but I specifically checked the bumpers for any kind of damage. I saw nothing like that. I took pics but not of the right side, darn it. There is a little tiny scuff on the left side they circled as well.

Hopefully ford makes this right. I had a terrible experience on my only other ford (escape with tranny issues and driveline vibe they deemed normal). Never thought I’d be back, but the mustang sucked me in.

A competing dealer has a lightning blue GT 401a on the way. It just doesn’t have the blue interior nor does it have active exhaust. And those features are the main reason I ordered the car as opposed to buying from stock.

Sad to let her go, but I will if I have to.

Last edited:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well, my car is officially in transit! Where do I go to track its transport?
Sponsored