Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT Whipple Gen 5 and OPG Install

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve fixed on doing a Whipple Gen 5 on 2018 GT A10. I’ve gotten all whole mod and some labor pricing also. Well with that being said labor alone for the supercharger and OPG’s is $1900+. Get this lol.. that’s before tax which is a lot and can go towards my fuel system or something. How many you guys installed your own supercharger and OPG? How hard was it? I’m0 no mechanic so I’m nervous to try it myself
Supercharger is doable with common tools and average know how. The OPG and sprocket as simple as it sounds is way more intrusive! If your paying to get the OPG done you might as well just let them do the blower. Personally I skipped the opg on my build because I'm not planning on revving to the moon. I must say, if I had a A10 car I would stay NA and run E85, it's an awesome cheap, reliable and fast combo! Normally you can only have 2 of those options! Good luck!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
10SpeedDemon

10SpeedDemon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Supercharger is doable with common tools and average know how. The OPG as simple as it sounds is way more intrusive! If your paying to get the OPG done you might as well just let them do the blower. Personally I skipped the opg on my build because I'm not planning on revving to the moon. I must say, if I had a A10 car I would stay NA and run E85, it's an awesome cheap, reliable and fast combo! Normally you can only have 2 of those options! Good luck!!
I’m doing it as cheap insurance. Especially having 800whp

OP
OP
10SpeedDemon

10SpeedDemon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Don't try this if you don't have good mechanical skills and the tools.look!! Recommendation buy the OpG install kit on LateModel Restoration and Reische Thermostat.
IMG_2021.jpg
FullSizeR(1).jpg
IMG_2025.jpg
I have mine. I forgot where I got them because they’ve been sitting so long
DCBB84DC-1AD3-4E73-8F8D-67AEEE5A898B.jpeg

gstboy69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
5.0 2018
I think the price of change OPG its between $800 to $1000 its the same job of Engine Chain Maintenance. Go to the dealer and ask about make this job only for check.

Sponsored

OP
OP
10SpeedDemon

10SpeedDemon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I think the price of change OPG its between $800 to $1000 its the same job of Engine Chain Maintenance. Go to the dealer and ask about make this job only for check.

I got quote $700 + tax at my local speed shop which is not bad

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Don't try this if you don't have good mechanical skills and the tools.look!! Recommendation buy the OpG install kit on LateModel Restoration and Reische Thermostat.
IMG_2021.jpg
FullSizeR(1).jpg
IMG_2025.jpg
And that's why I stayed with the stock opg and sprocket! My thought was just to roll the dice and if I loose pony up and swap out for a built motor. I actually would enjoy swapping a blown engine for a built engine. I struggle with removing perfectly good parts just to replace with some even better perfectly good parts!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
wow! my labor for my supercharger only is 1050
I don't understand how they do it for that. How many hours do they allow for the installation?

Sponsored

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you can unbolt and bolt things back together and follow visual instruction on youtube to line up the chains, you can perform the OPG install.. Autozone rents a ft/lb torque wrench, balancer puller, and balancer installer. It's a Friday night -Saturday morning job. As you may have read, there is one bolt on the pick up tube that people get nervous with. Take your time and be patient and it will all works out great. I pulled the battery tray to make it easier to reach around the passenger valve cover to loosen up the wire harness.

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you can unbolt and bolt things back together and follow visual instruction on youtube to line up the chains, you can perform the OPG install.. Autozone rents a ft/lb torque wrench, balancer puller, and balancer installer. It's a Friday night -Saturday morning job. As you may have read, there is one bolt on the pick up tube that people get nervous with. Take your time and be patient and it will all works out great. I pulled the battery tray to make it easier to reach around the passenger valve cover to loosen up the wire harness.
I think you are talking about the 15-17s 18 is much more involved because you have to drop the oil pan

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you are talking about the 15-17s 18 is much more involved because you have to drop the oil pan
Correct. I should have seen it was 18+.

OP
OP
10SpeedDemon

10SpeedDemon

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I would attempt the blower install before the OPG’s
Sponsored