Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
PSS?

Well, the good news is they're gonna use Michelin PSSs...possibly.

I do not hate the front, but they did not improve on it that's for damn sure. As a guy had to get rid of my 2014 GT PP, I've been dying to get back into a 'stang and have been anxiously awaiting the 2018 with its new front and body tweaks. Cannot say I'm as excited, but that A10 will be rockin' and I'm sure a power bump (to 440-450???). I like that rear spoiler, but I ain't really a spoiler guy. We'll have to see her in the flesh!

BTW...why not a single side profile shot??? :shrug:
Sponsored

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Oftentimes I don't like new designs until they grow on me. The exception for me was the 2015. As soon as I saw one, I wanted one. I think the current design is tough to improve on. The 2018 doesn't do it for me.

Jerry
Exactly! First time I saw a 2015 in person I had to go buy one. The refresh is pretty disappointing as of now, well see if it grows on me. The major thing is the downward facing lights, I really liked the current style. Oh well, I won't be getting a 2018+ (I was planning on it) I'll wait for the s650

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
The changes mess up the lines... the headlight does not line up with the body line on the side and the lower part of the front end is just too narrow for the bulk of the car making it look 4x4ish, or just too high. The rear looks nice and the hood is Meh. Overall I would not pay for this and this is coming from a chevy guy who can't stand the 6gen camaro and after having his 5gen 1LE totaled decided to go to the mustang because it just looks that much better (even though the PP handles like CRAP compared to the 1LE it replaced)..... Anyway I think this is a JV team effort of a refresh as the varsity guys are plugging away at the true next gen mustang. Just my $.02

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
RIP S550. 2010-2020 is the lost generation of car designs in general.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Blech not a fan of that front bumper at all. The shape is just off to me and very Camaro-y. It doesnt "do" anything for the car, not any meaner looking or anything. Seems like different to be different, and losing the fog lights.

I do like the hood with the extractors more centered and less prevalent.

The real valence looks kind of like the Rousch with quads. Nothing too crazy

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I need some good picks of the rear spoiler. Looks like it's inspired by the GT350 Road spoiler; but has uprights that would use the middle holes on the trunk made by most other ford spoilers. Paint it black, it might be one I was looking for.
I'm of the same opinion, paint it gloss black and we may have a winner!

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I really like the rear end lights. Miss the two tone diffuser, and that spoiler is a bit much.
The front, the trendy prious side blades on the side of the bumper are no good. And whats up with the bosozoku front lip?
That spoiler as small as it needs 4 supports?

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Aside from better visibility, and a little more interior space, the one trump the S550 had over the 6th gen. SS is looks, and that was questionable (I don't mind the new Camaro styling at all). Now we've given that up as well. Fantastic. No 10-speed and DI will be enough to get over how freakin' hideous that front end looks. Honestly, who thought this was a great idea?

Sponsored

14MustangV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
I don't love it, but also don't hate it. Like the 2015, will probably look much better in person than it did in the initial pictures.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
The changes mess up the lines... the headlight does not line up with the body line on the side and the lower part of the front end is just too narrow for the bulk of the car making it look 4x4ish, or just too high. The rear looks nice and the hood is Meh. Overall I would not pay for this and this is coming from a chevy guy who can't stand the 6gen camaro and after having his 5gen 1LE totaled decided to go to the mustang because it just looks that much better (even though the PP handles like CRAP compared to the 1LE it replaced)..... Anyway I think this is a JV team effort of a refresh as the varsity guys are plugging away at the true next gen mustang. Just my $.02
I have to agree with you in general. I see a little bit of Camaro in the frontal design, if I squint.

It has lost its aggressiveness with the new bonnet, the grille is too wide, etc, etc.

The guy who headed the original Gen 6 design team was promoted I believe. Maybe this is the doing of his replacement?

Very sad...

Last edited:

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
2020 hybrid leaked!
You guys are so hilarious, i can't stop lol'd.

Maybe performance figures will be quite impressive
That's the only thing that can save it now.
I personnaly don't like the front end and especially the lower front grill, it gives a
sad apperance to the car.

Overall not a disaster, but way to conservative to my taste. I was expecting a more agressive redesign.

Glad i don't have to choose between getting a '17 or '18. Here's hoping HP figures will not disappoint.

lava

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I was not overly excited

bigdave03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Mustang Gt
there will be a 2018.5 refresh coming when this car tanks in sales.....LOL... that car is hideous on the front...its not even funny. :doh:
Sponsored