Sponsored

2018 mustang GT PP oil gauge

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I believe it still does have the high pressure relief valve.
Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I dont really understand the importance of this gauge or the vac. I would have much rather had some sort of scan tool type gauge. Its useful to have AFR and boost on a car that has that but on an NA car its just not needed.
Ummm, hello, the Performance Pack is a track package?!?!? It's nice to know that you're not going to grenade the engine by cornering the car too hard and starving the engine of oil :rockon: Vacuum gauge? Not so useful...but in the Ecoboost, the combined vacuum/boost gauge is very useful!

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I've heard that you can install the eb boost gauge in a supercharged perf pack 5.0 and it will read correctly. Can anyone verify?

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
I've heard that you can install the eb boost gauge in a supercharged perf pack 5.0 and it will read correctly. Can anyone verify?
I've heard the same...I helped a GT PP owner track down my first Ecoboost car for that reason after it was sold at insurance auction...he was after my boost gauge :wink: Haven't seen the dude in a while, so I don't know how it's working for him, or if he has successfully installed the twin turbo package he wanted to even.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
It just occurred to me that the 5.0 doesn't have a map sensor so the stock vacuum readings are actually calculated based on other engine parameters. Suddenly, I'm less interested in installing the ecoboost PP boost gauge.

Sponsored

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have details on the difference in wiring between the oil pressure switch (1 wire) and oil pressure sensor (3 wires). Where are wire 2 and 3 from the sensor going to?
I got a set of PP gauges and want to make the pressure one work on my EURO ecoboost (std with perf pack/no gauges) .
I'm however stuck with a oil pressure switch and I know there needs to be a tune modification to make it work. Not sure if this modification would work with a switch as well...
If not I want to find out if I can swap the switch for a sensor and how to connect it so the data can be collected by the pressure gauge.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have details on the difference in wiring between the oil pressure switch (1 wire) and oil pressure sensor (3 wires). Where are wire 2 and 3 from the sensor going to?
I got a set of PP gauges and want to make the pressure one work on my EURO ecoboost (std with perf pack/no gauges) .
I'm however stuck with a oil pressure switch and I know there needs to be a tune modification to make it work. Not sure if this modification would work with a switch as well...
If not I want to find out if I can swap the switch for a sensor and how to connect it so the data can be collected by the pressure gauge.
I believe there's an oil pressure sending unit (separate from the low pressure switch, which triggers the low oil pressure light). IIRC, on the Ecoboost, it takes the hole normally occupied by a freeze plug. I believe it is also the same hole in the block used for the engine block heater if you have the headbolt heater option (used in places like Alaska, Canada, and North Dakota in the US).

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
Just on the subject, you can install the gt350 gauges and have Oil Press and Oil Temp. It's plug in...and forget about vaccum.
advise, my color doesn't work on this gauges...

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
This was talked about in an article, probably a few, regarding the 2018 GT. It has an electronically controlled relief valve that drastically lowers the oil pressure at idle up to an undisclosed rpm. That valve doesn't turn on until the car has warmed up a little, so your cold oil pressure at idle will be higher. If you sit and wait for about 30 seconds to a min or two you can see it sit high but then just plummet. Oil viscosity also plays a role, but this valve is why your pressure may seem so inconsistent on the 2018/2019. Unless you go from 5w20 to something like 10w40, you won't really see any difference just by changing oil. Well, that is assuming you're not running some gunked up dyno oil that's been just sitting in the sump for two years.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
It seems the mystery is resolved if I look at the 2 videos posted on youtube.

After the full install video were the initial idea was to change the 1 pin/cable switch to a 3pin/wired sensor the author give it a try with just a tune on the switch and it seems to work !!

Install video:

Pressure gauges up and runing video:

Once I got the ordered gauges in I'll try the same and see what happens... dash panel is in already.

Sponsored

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
It seems the mystery is resolved if I look at the 2 videos posted on youtube.

After the full install video were the initial idea was to change the 1 pin/cable switch to a 3pin/wired sensor the author give it a try with just a tune on the switch and it seems to work !!

Install video:

Pressure gauges up and runing video:

Once I got the ordered gauges in I'll try the same and see what happens... dash panel is in already.
Another member has a 18 GT PP1 and just installed GT350 gauges It was plug and play. Pics are posted I am doing the same thing on a 17 GT

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
It seems like as from MY 2016 the plug to connect the gauges is present but hidden behind the sync module. It should thus indeed be PnP. Depending on what gauge set (GT/GT350/EB) you choose it should pick up the right data from the Canbus. The EB version on a GT however requires (I think) a supercharging upgrade to get the Boost input on the gauge working.

I have a Euro (export) 2015 and that's another story... but think I finally found the confirmation I was looking for with the youtube clips posted earlier.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
It seems like as from MY 2016 the plug to connect the gauges is present but hidden behind the sync module. It should thus indeed be PnP. Depending on what gauge set (GT/GT350/EB) you choose it should pick up the right data from the Canbus. The EB version on a GT however requires (I think) a supercharging upgrade to get the Boost input on the gauge working.

I have a Euro (export) 2015 and that's another story... but think I finally found the confirmation I was looking for with the youtube clips posted earlier.
Thanks waiting for my GT350 gauges to be delivered. I will report back in the future.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)

I've heard the Euro Ecoboost cars are basically the same as the US Performance Package, but with a 3.31 axle instead of the 3.55 we get here (carbon tax :crying: ). You get the bigger radiator (necessary for going faster than 120 MPH), plus the GT brakes, and the PP suspension tuning. I'm suprised they don't just go ahead and give you guys the gauges :thumbsup:

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Can't think of a good reason (except price) they didn't add it or even offer it as an option. Plenty of EU guys are looking to get them but it's probably one of the trickiest upgrades :

- Hard to find the dash panels at reasonable price
- Very thin cables (APIM) to work on.
- It's more than connecting cables as you have to cut a piece out off the vent holes to make the gauges fit and adjust the left and right airvents in the panel to enter the factory holes.
- Need a tune to get the Pressure gauge working
IMG_20170505_164547.jpg
Sponsored