Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same

Swapping my manifold solved that.
However the "true" 2k slap is still there while in motion.

Look from 2:30

You can try to disconnect the IMRC and do the same thing you did in your vid to see if the sound goes away.

Okay everyone here is the 2K RPM rattle I was talking about. Never stopped throughout the rev. Seem like something is wrong?
Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
All the info I was told was early builds.. November mostly have had higher rates of warranty issues and buybacks. The plasma arc was determined to be the main cause of failure. The shift forks also were early build problems.

No difference between 18s and 19s besides they fixed known manufacting issues.
Sigh...more speculation and misinformation. This is what causes and spreads the paranoia on the forums and social media. There is absolutely no proof of the claims you have made

OP just drive and enjoy your car. Nothing sounded out of the ordinary.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
All the info I was told was early builds.. November mostly have had higher rates of warranty issues and buybacks. The plasma arc was determined to be the main cause of failure. The shift forks also were early build problems.

No difference between 18s and 19s besides they fixed known manufacting issues.
Where are the facts to backing up the above statement that the “plasma arc” coating was the source of the S550 3rd Gen Coyote 5.0 engine failures? Can you provide a copy of any source documentation that 100% backs up that statement other than a whisper down the line or a he said she said verbal discussion that has absolutely NO level of confirmation?

Many folks have “said” this or that, but there has yet to have been any proven source of the multiple engine failures. The closest anyone has come to facts as to why the failures have occurred has been related to poor or loose assembly thresholds relating to the rods/bearings. Other than the early dropped valves, no one has been able to provide definitive proof that the plasma arc process had anything to do with the engine failures beyond those above facts.

Get your “mole” to provide some type of evidence to back up the statement - other than some verbal discussion and assumption.

No offense intended, but folks on here want facts, not the whisper down the line or “my Dealership said” or “he said/she said”, because that only leads to false speculation and more erroneous BS being spewed about the forums.

Sponsored

bjc24v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt
Where are the facts to backing up the above statement that the “plasma arc” coating was the source of the S550 3rd Gen Coyote 5.0 engine failures? Can you provide a copy of any source documentation that 100% backs up that statement other than a whisper down the line or a he said she said verbal discussion that has absolutely NO level of confirmation?

Many folks have “said” this or that, but there has yet to have been any proven source of the multiple engine failures. The closest anyone has come to facts as to why the failures have occurred has been related to poor or loose assembly thresholds relating to the rods/bearings. Other than the early dropped valves, no one has been able to provide definitive proof that the plasma arc process had anything to do with the engine failures beyond those above facts.

Get your “mole” to provide some type of evidence to back up the statement - other than some verbal discussion and assumption.

No offense intended, but folks on here want facts, not the whisper down the line or “my Dealership said” or “he said/she said”, because that only leads to false speculation and more erroneous BS being spewed about the forums.
WOW didn't think this would set off people.... lesson learned. Sorry for sharing what was told to me by a friend that works at ford. Im done with this conversation. Good day.

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Okay everyone here is the 2K RPM rattle I was talking about. Never stopped throughout the rev. Seem like something is wrong?
Dude, that's the HPFP. Your car is fine if that's all you have going on.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
WOW didn't think this would set off people.... lesson learned. Sorry for sharing what was told to me by a friend that works at ford. Im done with this conversation. Good day.
You come on here and claim to know very daming inside information....don’t get up tight when asked to validate. If what you claim to be true is indeed accurate ...Ford has a big issue and if you haven’t noticed all the time you have been on here they have some less than happy customers here... F150 crowd included.
There’s been a pattern of to many chiefs and not enough Indians with no info to back up what they claim to be true. You have unfortunately just fallen into that category. Take offense if you want
Let’s just hope something definitive comes out from a credible source before or by the time you have any concerns with your “latter” production car.

bjc24v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt
Sigh...more speculation and misinformation. This is what causes and spreads the paranoia on the forums and social media. There is absolutely no proof of the claims you have made

OP just drive and enjoy your car. Nothing sounded out of the ordinary.
You come on here and claim to know very daming inside information....don’t get up tight when asked to validate. If what you claim to be true is indeed accurate ...Ford has a big issue and if you haven’t noticed all the time you have been on here they have some less than happy customers here... F150 crowd included.
There’s been a pattern of to many chiefs and not enough Indians with no info to back up what they claim to be true. You have unfortunately just fallen into that category. Take offense if you want
Let’s just hope something definitive comes out from a credible source before or by the time you have any concerns with your “latter” production car.
Ya man I understand completely. I’m not going to put someone’s job at risk though. Not like my source would send me hard info anyways! They were just trying to help me out. I’m sure you can understand that part of it. And I understand your part of what proof. I hear ya on f150s... I have one... and also have had a buyback on one. It’s frustrating to spend all this money and be jerked around. I’m not happy the way ford does business either. But I’m part of the problem because I keep buying ford cars and trucks. Once again my intentions were pure and didn’t mean to upset anyone. I have not had any issues with my mustang so far fyi!

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ya man I understand completely. I’m not going to put someone’s job at risk though. Not like my source would send me hard info anyways! They were just trying to help me out. I’m sure you can understand that part of it. And I understand your part of what proof. I hear ya on f150s... I have one... and also have had a buyback on one. It’s frustrating to spend all this money and be jerked around. I’m not happy the way ford does business either. But I’m part of the problem because I keep buying ford cars and trucks. Once again my intentions were pure and didn’t mean to upset anyone. I have not had any issues with my mustang so far fyi!
So much for being "done with this conversation"

Sponsored

Dragon2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris Dunnigan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I've got the 2K rattle loud as hell and annoying goes away around 2800 rpms and I still modded my car and drive it daily 25,000 miles no issues and this is with headers a flex tune and cobrajet intake. My build date is 11/17.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I changed the oil yesterday and found a couple metal flakes in the oil from the filter and found some metal like beads that were extremely tiny on the oil from the pan.
Some metal in the first few oil changes isn't cause for undue alarm. Your engine is breaking in. The "breaking" part of breaking in is indeed small pieces of metal breaking off as metal-to-metal parts rub together for the first time. This is one of the reasons many people recommend the first oil change after 500 miles or so instead of waiting until the first factory-recommended service interval.

If your engine is still making visible metal after the first two oil changes then I would start to worry.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
When you do the 1st. oil change throw a qt. of Ceratec or I use Lucas oil stablizer. I have a gen.2 Coyote and "no worries" @ 51,000 miles no codes very few rock chips. I use 8 qts. you use 10, just do it and see, like R&D.
Sponsored