Sponsored

2018 Mustang Build & Price on July 25 [UPDATE: Now Live!]

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
One cannot get magneride without getting PP.
Shit you're right. I thought that was weird I did click it, but it must have unclicked it. Well alright forget everything I said. There goes 5 minutes I'll never get back lol
Sponsored

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
You seem angry.
Take your blinders off, admit to progress and change.
The manual tranny, (what I'm ordering) is thoroughly re-worked with Dual mass flywheel, twin disc clutch and re-worked ratios. Should be good.

The suspension is firmed up. (read above)

I spec'd my car with all the new goodies except the game boy dash and with xplan pricing I'm at $43,400.

Don't worry, your old car is still nice.
Angry? Nope. Sticker shock, Yeah.

The twin-disc clutch could be an improvement or it could make a marginal transmission experience worse. Waiting to hear drivers feedback on this.

I keep hearing about the "improved" MT82 transmission, but have not seen anything substantiating that.

Finally, I have seen zero indication that the PP suspension has changed at all, or the entire package for that matter, except for the before mentioned Michelin tires, which I do consider a definite improvement (but the huge price jump on the PP was totally unexpected).

My plan was holding off until 2019 to make a purchase, so I have plenty of time to gather feedback from the early adopters. However this level of price increase was not expected.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Angry? Nope. Sticker shock, Yeah.

The twin-disc clutch could be an improvement or it could make a marginal transmission experience worse. Waiting to hear drivers feedback on this.

I keep hearing about the "improved" MT82 transmission, but have not seen anything substantiating that.

Finally, I have seen zero indication that the PP suspension has changed at all, or the entire package for that matter, except for the before mentioned Michelin tires, which I do consider a definite improvement (but the huge price jump on the PP was totally unexpected).

My plan was holding off until 2019 to make a purchase, so I have plenty of time to gather feedback from the early adopters. However this level of price increase was not expected.
Why would you trade up anyway with an essentially brand new car?

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So 2SS 1/LE is $46k. How much is 400A PP with magneride ? If it is more than $40k (given how inferior it is), they got to be kidding.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt

Finally, I have seen zero indication that the PP suspension has changed at all,
All we can go off is press releases so far. (cars aren't even in testers hands)

Positive attitude that the new MT82 is greatly improved. (although my test ride on the old "junker" was fine)

This quote again from press release.
All models get revised shocks, increased lateral stiffness, and revised stabilizer bars (base suspension improvements said to be on par with the previous optional performance suspension)

So this tells me the new base model is like last years PP. Hopefully Ford made some magic to this years PP.

I'm ordering the Magneride so not an issue for me.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Why the hell can you not get a spare wheel if you get the performance package?
Likely because the front and rear wheels are difference sizes. If you have a flat rear tire the different sized/weights on the rear axle will reek havoc on the Torsen diff.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Likely because the front and rear wheels are difference sizes. If you have a flat rear tire the different sized/weights on the rear axle will reek havoc on the Torsen diff.
Front and rear have the same diameter, so the Torsen would be fine. The issue lies with a spare not being able to clear the front 15inch Brembo rotor.

Sponsored

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Ok so the added power and the 10 speed auto is all I really care about. I mean the performance package and magneride isn't going to make the car faster in a straight line. It's like I'm taking the car around a big track or anything. The performance package won't let you choose to have a spare wheel and only comes with summer tires. I'd prefer the a/s tires cuz well I live in Wisconsin and winters suck here.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I paid $30k for my Mach 1 new 14 years ago and I'm still driving it. I've been waiting for the ultimate Mustang GT and this is it. I've saved plenty of money to buy one cash. For $40-45k you're getting a lot of car. We can blame GM for this big price hike lol.
I agree 100%, compared to whats out there the Mustang is still a good deal. Folks dont get that stuff is getting expensive and will continue to do so.

Im still interested but not until spring and I really dont know if I want PP or Magride, for me it will be a daily driver period, never see a track. Just something fun for the wife and I. $895 for the exhaust seems like a good deal though.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I wonder if that drag mode still comes on the non-performance package
Doubt it, as it works in conjunction with the magentic shocks.

As long as Ford took care of the wheel hop though, I think things will be just fine.
Sponsored