Sponsored

2018 Mustang Build & Price on July 25 [UPDATE: Now Live!]

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
A lot of package dependencies will cause me to re-assess my build. Hmmmm.. :)

This thread rocks tho.
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I'm curious why everyone on here is so interested in Active Exhaust. How many of you who purchase that will ultimately still buy an aftermarket exhaust? Waste of money. Spend that $900 on an aftermarket exhaust and be happy.
If I had the ability to option in a $900 active exhaust on my 16, I would have done it in a heartbeat.

With that said, my Corsa sport sounds better than any of the sound clips from the MY18 active exhaust....and it's most likely lighter.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Now the complaints are about price.
This was no simple refresh like new colors or lights, this was major!
Price it like a 17 without the goodies and not a major jump. What did you expect? a price reduction?

Some of you guys would complain that a bar of gold you found on the beach was too heavy!
Its not too heavy, it's just too SHINY! :headbonk:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Looks like the shaker pro was removed from the 401A package as well. It's an extra $847.00 with X plan.
Wow...I'm now wondering if the value of my car will INCREASE!

Kidding.....kind of.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious why everyone on here is so interested in Active Exhaust. How many of you who purchase that will ultimately still buy an aftermarket exhaust? Waste of money. Spend that $900 on an aftermarket exhaust and be happy.
I kinda agree. Get a Corsa Sport or Xtreme and be happy.

Sponsored

NDSP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
For me as least. I want quiet stockish exhaust note for the majority of my drive time. I have aftermarket on my 2015 GTPP and it gets on my nerves sometimes during my commute. So the active exhause will allow me to have quiet most of the time and when I want to have a little fun and wake the neighbors, it is a switch away. Perfect. This and the magnaride, saves me thousands in mods that don't need to be made anymore.

And now being able to get the A10 and PP, my daily drive which does all to often include stop and go traffic makes a manual a real pita. What can I say, I"m 50 and on my 14th mustang. Don't have the tolerance for some things like I used to. :)

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I think most that liked the S550 body style and wanted a deal already purchased one. Ford is going after those performance nuts who were holding out.
Right, and those performance nuts are a small niche of buyers. Not good for sales. Mass appeal is one of the biggest things the Mustang has going for it. Performance nuts was the niche Chevy went for with their "fancy" chassis and tons of features and they priced themselves out of the average joe that wants a cool car with a V8, hence the Camaro's slow sales. In this SUV crazed world we live in now, the last thing a car like this needs is a huge price hike.

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
If I had the ability to option in a $900 active exhaust on my 16, I would have done it in a heartbeat.

With that said, my Corsa sport sounds better than any of the sound clips from the MY18 active exhaust....and it's most likely lighter.
This is what I don't get lol. You said you would add it, but then you also said you would rather have your Corsa based on sound and weight. So....in the end you wouldn't rather have the active exhaust? It's just a waste, no?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sure it costs money, but they have to remember their target demographic. I feel like a huge amount of GTs I see running around are base models. Getting a V8 and 435 hp for 34k was a steal. Now that same base car (with X-plan discounts no less) is now 36k. So non-X plan you're looking at 38k. Maybe 4k isn't a big deal to most, but I think it'll hurt sales. Hope I'm wrong.
It will.

The base with the PP is now more expensive than a 1SS. It no longer has a price advantage, and with that price increase it better be dynamically MUCH better than the 15-17 PP, considering it's not as attractive either.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Guess for us normies who don't want a loud ass exhaust 100% of the time.

Sponsored

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
For me as least. I want quiet stockish exhaust note for the majority of my drive time. I have aftermarket on my 2015 GTPP and it gets on my nerves sometimes during my commute. So the active exhause will allow me to have quiet most of the time and when I want to have a little fun and wake the neighbors, it is a switch away. Perfect. This and the magnaride, saves me thousands in mods that don't need to be made anymore.
I think that's a perfect reason. I'm just talking about the people who are ultimately going to swap it out anyways. If you like the AE sound note and functionality, perfect. If you like something like say, Corsa, better, then save yourself money and just get that.

sunburned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 WK2
Got you all beat. I built a convertible with basically every option: 401A, PP, magride, active exhaust, safe and smart, etc. Everything except the shaker audio I think. $55,775. For a Mustang. The technology and engine are awesome, but I have a hard time paying that when I can get an M2 for that price.

This also makes me remember how much I hate Ford's build/price site and their option packages. Don't show me an individual option if I can't add it by itself. I click on memory seats, oh sorry, gotta have the safe and smart package to get that. How the hell does it fit in that package and why isn't it standard on a $45k Mustang?? (Honestly the S&S pkg is pretty cheap for all the tech you get)

And WTF, I can't get the carbon interior package with 401A? So because I'm getting premium leather, I can't override it with a sporty looking dash and seats?

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
My thoughts exactly. Nothing is more convenient than having the ability to choose when my car is loud or quiet. Just x pipe, LTHs with the active and you get controllable sounds.

bigtexhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
50K for a non GT 350 Mustang? I don't know weather to laugh or cry. I figured it would go up but not this much.