Sponsored

2018 Mustang Build & Price on July 25 [UPDATE: Now Live!]

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
So 45,000 dollars you can get a Camaro SS 1lE which looks way better than the 2018 Mustang which took a step back in styling and the Camaro 1lE comepetes with the 54,000 Shelby GT350.
Looks better? No way, but that's just your opinion. The interior is a lot nicer in the Mustang in my opinion. But it's a fact that the Camaro has horrible visibility
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Good thing I got a rich wife. In all reality I was hoping for $40k on a GTPP with magneride. What's an extra $5k? The wife wants leather, I just won't go on a vacation next year lol

Who needs vacation when you can be tearing the road up in a new GT :headbang:

Sponsored

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Magneride and optional exhaust is about choice to me.

Sometimes I want quiet and smooth on the road, sometimes I want to beat it and smoke the tires or do an occasional track day.

Don't have that option with aftermarket exhaust and suspension.

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Magneride and optional exhaust is about choice to me.

Sometimes I want quiet and smooth on the road, sometimes I want to beat it and smoke the tires or do an occasional track day.

Don't have that option with aftermarket exhaust and suspension.
There are plenty of adjustable aftermarket coilovers with EDFC... They'll cost at least as much as magneride to purchase and install, though, and there are other tradeoffs. For example, after market coilers will often have adjustable ride height, but they won't have reactive shocks that can adjust in real time to driving conditions.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah bummed they jacked the price of PP so high, but at least it can be optioned with the auto now. Built one out for my wifes new DD, came in just a c-hair over $52k. (GT Premium, Auto, 401A, PP+Magna ride, The safety b/s)

How much do we anticipate X-Plan will hack off that?
about 2k

For X pricing:
On new tab, go to www.fordpartner.com , enter MC405 to get in

Go to vehicles/pricing for Ford and launch the build and price for the 2017. You'll get that welcome x-plan participant stuff and see x-plan pricing for the 2017

Now modify the URL by adding /2018/ after Mustang.

emanon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium - gone for an '18
about 2k

For X pricing:
On new tab, go to www.fordpartner.com , enter MC405 to get in

Go to vehicles/pricing for Ford and launch the build and price for the 2017. You'll get that welcome x-plan participant stuff and see x-plan pricing for the 2017

Now modify the URL by adding /2018/ after Mustang.
:cheers:

Yeah dropped about $2250 off the build price.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Now the complaints are about price.
This was no simple refresh like new colors or lights, this was major!
Price it like a 17 without the goodies and not a major jump. What did you expect? a price reduction?

Some of you guys would complain that a bar of gold you found on the beach was too heavy!
I disagree. It was a pretty simple mid-cycle refresh. Yea, the engine was updated, so what? Manufacturers do that every year, and it is common to stagger engine/chassis changes. It is not uncommon for mid-cycle changes to have minimal price changes. The price jump in the PP is a bit surprising, since it doesn't add anything. Different dampers/springs/swaybars don't cost much more. More importantly, competition is the relevant metric. Yes, going back to the Camaro and the SS 1LE package. A PP+magnaride+active exhaust is going to cost more than a 1LE package and you are going to get less (smaller tires, no Recaros, no HUD). I'm no Camaro fanboy, far from it, but you have to watch the competition. I'll be interested to see how these sell.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Don't get me wrong, I'd never get a Camaro, but boy can you customize them. Ford has nothing to brag about in that aspect. I have to admit, I've just checked the Camaro build & price for the first time ever. However, I think the aftermarket is not as big.

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
Has uh, anyone seen this rim on the 18 orders? I tried all the combos but could not find it.

18MST_wheels_01_large.jpg

Mustang1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Holy shit that x plan dropped it big time. $44,897 for a premium with all the options I want including performance package and magneride. Or $40,366 for a premium w/o the performance package and magneride.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Maybe I'm missing something but why is everyone obsessed with having Magneride? I haven't driven a GT350 with it but I've driven Camaros, Corvettes and some Germans with the Magnetic Ride Control or Adaptive Dampers and it makes very little difference. In the GM cars I honestly couldn't even tell anything at sane speeds. Maybe at the track it's more noticeable. And if most on here swap springs anyway, why pay 4k for the Performance Pack and upgrade them just to take them off? If the 2018 suspension has some improvements already, unless you're a diehard track guy and need the Brembos I think if most are being realistic about their street driving, they'd probably be better off sticking with the standard suspension and saving $5,500. Might help with the price hike. But to each their own.
Sponsored