Awright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Mondeo Titanium x Business Edition
Hi
I'm looking to place an order for a GT. I've decided on Race Red but am stuck on wheel choice. I'm not really a black wheel person so it's down to the custom 1 or the new forged alloys. My gut says the custom 1 alloys as I just prefer the look but it's a close call.
I suspect that the new forged alloys will be the most popular but would welcome any comments
Thanks
Andy
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Trouble is the forged look like they came off an Audi or Merc. Which may or may not be your thing.

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
I got the forged wheels and think they look great against my Kona blue paint, but for me the black alloys look better against the brighter colours like lightning blue, yellow, white, orange.

I'm on the fence when it comes to what goes with the red paint, but think I would probably go black alloys if forced to decide. But then I see something like this and I would be back to the forged....... So no help at all, sorry!

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
Hi
I'm looking to place an order for a GT. I've decided on Race Red but am stuck on wheel choice. I'm not really a black wheel person so it's down to the custom 1 or the new forged alloys. My gut says the custom 1 alloys as I just prefer the look but it's a close call.
I suspect that the new forged alloys will be the most popular but would welcome any comments
Thanks
Andy
Although the custom pack 1 wheels look good, they are awful things to clean. I would go for the forged alloys despite their extra cost. But if you can put up cleaning all 80 spokes, go for the basic wheel, especially as you prefer the look

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Good choice on Race Red but I'd seriously reconsider on black wheels, I'm not usually a fan of a black alloy but definitely look the best on the Mustang. Not a fan of the forged alloys.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Go with forged, as they're lighter, and then spray them gloss/matte black (or if you want something else, go with that) chrome doesn't work all that well with the brighter colours personally, some love it, but I'm not a fan.

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
I've got a 2017 model triple yellow shadow edition , no chrome at all, I think the mustang really suits the nothing shiny look so I'd stick with the black wheels, if you like the style you could always get them refurbed into any colour you wanted if you didn't like it

OP
OP

Awright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Mondeo Titanium x Business Edition
Thanks everyone. I’m really not keen on the forged alloys so will go with one of the others.

Sponsored

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Trouble is the forged look like they came off an Audi or Merc. Which may or may not be your thing.
What he said - I’m not a fan of the forged at all, but whatever flicks your switch

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Glad it’s not just me who thinks the Forged Wheels look awful.